Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

Sealed Chest question

heartlessomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By heartlessomen

Hey CT fans...

I've finally gotten around to finishing this great game, i'm currently trying to do the sealed chest sidequest and i've been able to find (in 600 A.D.) and open (in 1000 A.D.) several chests. But I have run into a problem...there are a few chests that I can find in 600 A.D. but when I use the Epoch to go back to 1000 A.D. and go back to the chest location the chest(s) are gone...am I doing something wrong here? Or did I open these chests before...and just forgot about it?

jdeano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jdeano

I'm pretty sure that not all the chests contain the upgradable armour (like the Ruby Armour), so that a chest that exists in 600AD doesn't have a counterpart in the future. Not 100% certain, but it's like some of the standard chests that have better items if left unopened in the past and get better stuff (hi-ether to turbo-ether) etc. 

I can only think of about 5 sealed chests that upgrade, but it's been a while! Hope that helps a little.

bobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By bobby

The only ones that contain upgrades will ask you if you'd like to open them before you actually get the item. You must first select 'no' to leave them unopened, then travel to 1000AD to claim the contents. Any sealed chest that doesn't prompt you while opening it doesn't have an upgraded counterpart.

heartlessomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By heartlessomen
    @Bobby said:
    " The only ones that contain upgrades will ask you if you'd like to open them before you actually get the item. You must first select 'no' to leave them unopened, then travel to 1000AD to claim the contents. Any sealed chest that doesn't prompt you while opening it doesn't have an upgraded counterpart. "
    Yeah I knew this...but there's umm...i think 3 or 4 of them that when i select "no" in 600AD then come back to 1000AD that they're gone...

is there something wrong with my copy? i am playing the DS rerelease if that means anything

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.