Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cliff Bleszinski

Person » credited in 30 games

Clifford "CliffyB" Bleszinski is co-founder of Boss Key Productions and was the lead designer at Epic Games from 1992-2012.

Cliff Bleszinski: shifting gears

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Great interview with the man can be found over at Develop Online. Will probably go unnoticed to many of us unless we help spread it.
    http://www.develop-online.net/features/522/QA-Cliff-Bleszinski-part-one

As usual the man is an endless well of gaming wisdom, spewing out quotes like:
    "

I just think that the technology of this generation just happens to be very good at rendering metals and stones and dramatic lighting, which is why you see a lot of pillars and girders and destroyed blown-out areas because that’s what the bump-mapping happens to do very well.

At the same time, in this generation the translucent effects are very hard to pull off. That’s why everybody sees a lot of these bald characters and wonder why games feature so many fucking space marines. Well, the tech is good at showing off amour and it’s not that good at doing hair. That’s why we have bald space marines. There’s your answer people. "

Photo of Cliff Bleszinski talking about Gears of War 2.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Great interview with the man can be found over at Develop Online. Will probably go unnoticed to many of us unless we help spread it.
    http://www.develop-online.net/features/522/QA-Cliff-Bleszinski-part-one

As usual the man is an endless well of gaming wisdom, spewing out quotes like:
    "

I just think that the technology of this generation just happens to be very good at rendering metals and stones and dramatic lighting, which is why you see a lot of pillars and girders and destroyed blown-out areas because that’s what the bump-mapping happens to do very well.

At the same time, in this generation the translucent effects are very hard to pull off. That’s why everybody sees a lot of these bald characters and wonder why games feature so many fucking space marines. Well, the tech is good at showing off amour and it’s not that good at doing hair. That’s why we have bald space marines. There’s your answer people. "

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I really don't like this guy, but I'm willing to take a look at this interview.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

I don't know about the interview, but that's a great picture of him.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By samcotts
    @Coltonio7 said:
    " I don't know about the interview, but that's a great picture of him. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.