Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

Turn back the clock yet again in EALA's third installment of the popular alternate-historical RTS, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

EA misprints RA3 keys, has users guessing the last character

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Lunarbunny
    Perhaps they should have just said to ask Gabe?
    Apparently something happened with the printing of a significant enough quantity of keys on Red Alert 3 manuals to cause them to create this gem of a support entry. Instead of the 20 character code that is required, people have been shortchanged with 19 characters, leaving the last character off. They suggest guessing the last character, any of 36 from A-Z and 0-9, saying that "[y]ou should eventually get the right combination." Alternatively you can try contacting EA support, but perhaps it might take less time to just guess. You could always try guessing while you're on hold...

Either it happened to a shitload (relatively speaking) of manuals, they think they'll be facing shortages, or their key printing system doesn't let them reprint keys. Or perhaps EA wants to make SecuROM a game too?
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Apparently something happened with the printing of a significant enough quantity of keys on Red Alert 3 manuals to cause them to create this gem of a support entry. Instead of the 20 character code that is required, people have been shortchanged with 19 characters, leaving the last character off. They suggest guessing the last character, any of 36 from A-Z and 0-9, saying that "[y]ou should eventually get the right combination." Alternatively you can try contacting EA support, but perhaps it might take less time to just guess. You could always try guessing while you're on hold...

Either it happened to a shitload (relatively speaking) of manuals, they think they'll be facing shortages, or their key printing system doesn't let them reprint keys. Or perhaps EA wants to make SecuROM a game too?
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

And this is why its so much easier for the pirates to rule since stuff like this don't happen to them. Sure the pirates have to deal with problems of malware and viruses embeded in thier pirated games, but they think its worth it.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bartiemus

Why dont people just go the star dock route and have no DRM of the game is good people will buy it I mean DRM dosent actually work spore was cracked before the realse

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny

I agree about what Stardock does, I feel that they're the only publisher right now that seems to respect their customers and to realize the futility of DRM. EA on the other hand thinks respecting the customer is giving them 2 more activations.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Evilmetal

DRM has stopped me from buying World in Conflict. I played the WiC demo back when it came out and noticed that it installed SecuROM. Or maybe some other game that was not longer on my PC, left SecuROM... I don't know, but I know that WiC uses that DRM.

It was a good game but because of DRM I don't want to support them financially.

Buying their product is my vote that I approve of their work. Therefore when I don't buy their product, I don't approve.

Avatar image for redactedprofile
    RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By RedactedProfile

same thing happened to me and my MGS4 beta key, they chopped off the last 2 digits :\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.