Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

Turn back the clock yet again in EALA's third installment of the popular alternate-historical RTS, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

Quickies about Red Alert 3.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n
    • It feels very old school. I´m taken back to the 90s when I was playing StarCraft and Red Alert 2 day and and day out. And I love it !
    • The "Only Co-Op" is a fun new twist. The AI partner is easily controlled. Havent tried playing with a person yet.
    • Cutscenes are not as awesome as I thought they would bet..yet. I have a good feeling I´m not far enough in the campaign yet. Peter Stormare is no.1 so far with his crazy scientist impression.
    • The soundtrack is kickass. Its dynamic with different musicstyles for different situations. Winning, Losing, Idle, e.t.c. The new Frank Klepacki tracks makes me headbang while playing.
    • Overall it feels very polished. Everything from sound to graphical detail
    • The game runs silky smooth on my system (which is not the newest latest). I´ve got everything set to Ultra-High and 1440 x 900 resolution and it runs perfect without any drops in big fights what so ever. Loadingtimes between missions are about 4 seconds...
    • The water is the best looking water by far in an RTS game ever.
    • It succeeds with whats so important in an RTS. Every faction feels unique and fun in its own way.
    • Not to bring Frank Klepacki up again but.. HELL MARCH 3 !

Im playing as Soviet at the moment so thats the only point of view I can give.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#1  Edited By jimbo_n
    • It feels very old school. I´m taken back to the 90s when I was playing StarCraft and Red Alert 2 day and and day out. And I love it !
    • The "Only Co-Op" is a fun new twist. The AI partner is easily controlled. Havent tried playing with a person yet.
    • Cutscenes are not as awesome as I thought they would bet..yet. I have a good feeling I´m not far enough in the campaign yet. Peter Stormare is no.1 so far with his crazy scientist impression.
    • The soundtrack is kickass. Its dynamic with different musicstyles for different situations. Winning, Losing, Idle, e.t.c. The new Frank Klepacki tracks makes me headbang while playing.
    • Overall it feels very polished. Everything from sound to graphical detail
    • The game runs silky smooth on my system (which is not the newest latest). I´ve got everything set to Ultra-High and 1440 x 900 resolution and it runs perfect without any drops in big fights what so ever. Loadingtimes between missions are about 4 seconds...
    • The water is the best looking water by far in an RTS game ever.
    • It succeeds with whats so important in an RTS. Every faction feels unique and fun in its own way.
    • Not to bring Frank Klepacki up again but.. HELL MARCH 3 !

Im playing as Soviet at the moment so thats the only point of view I can give.

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stucket

yea i agree the soundtrack kicks ass and stuff,cutscenes are great,Coop is fun.....but i find lots of bug makes this game bad,game crashes often {my comp is real strong], no Invite feedback,and america shipment delay,kinda funn

BTw i already completed the game,which is fustrating!

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By killdave

Agreed those are some of the good parts but ...

There are BUGs and unit pathfinding issues and graphical glitches (all that can be fixed in future patches)

Online is very poor - you are dumped into a chat room (random room) and have to ask for people to coop ... most dont reply (are in a game) no confirmation when you click invite
    I guess xbox live and "new" psn^? has us spoilt....

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stucket

Yea rather sad,I cant wait for the expansion Pack though

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Evilmetal

Can anyone compare RA3 retail with RA3 beta? Improvements from the beta? retail has same bugs as beta? I recall path finding issues in the beta and reading that there are issues now in the retail with the path finding... one must wonder wtf is going on...

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stucket

Path finding aint much of an issue to me though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.