Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

Turn back the clock yet again in EALA's third installment of the popular alternate-historical RTS, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

Red Alert 3 Premier Edition Soundtrack Now With Clicks!

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By ICF_19XX

The Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 soundtrack included with the Premier Edition is great but what makes this enter Sucktown on a suckoramamobile are the many, many audible clicks heard two at a time between tracks. It's a  real shame, a damn shame.   

Yes, screw 'em all!
    Yes, screw 'em all!

EAC won't do the job removing the clicks if I try to extract the WAV files.

I wonder if contacting EA would bear any fruit. I doubt they would go to the trouble of pressing/burning a copy sans godawful clicks for just anyone much less me, Nicholas.

Help me, Greg Kasavin. You're my only hope.

LATE EDIT: I just can't get over how stuff like this happens in this day and age. Pressing error mayhap? Argh. 

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ICF_19XX

The Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 soundtrack included with the Premier Edition is great but what makes this enter Sucktown on a suckoramamobile are the many, many audible clicks heard two at a time between tracks. It's a  real shame, a damn shame.   

Yes, screw 'em all!
    Yes, screw 'em all!

EAC won't do the job removing the clicks if I try to extract the WAV files.

I wonder if contacting EA would bear any fruit. I doubt they would go to the trouble of pressing/burning a copy sans godawful clicks for just anyone much less me, Nicholas.

Help me, Greg Kasavin. You're my only hope.

LATE EDIT: I just can't get over how stuff like this happens in this day and age. Pressing error mayhap? Argh. 

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stucket
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

Frank Klepacki didn't make it. I don't give a shit.

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stucket

Frank Klepacki did.....he just had a minor role than the other two games

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By keyhunter

What what whaaat? Sweet. I'm still not sold on partial Frank Klepacki. I demand awesome bumpin beats all the way through.
    Remember how great Universe at War's sound track was? Because the man knows what he wants. And he wants bumpin beats homiee.

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stucket

ok.....dont get what you mean,but yea,i got the Soundtrack and it isnt that bad

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Lunarbunny

Seems like EA's somewhat flubbing this release.

Only EA game I'm getting this year is Mirror's Edge though.

Qtax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Qtax

Removing the Clicks

I've been very annoyed by these clicks as well. It made enjoying listening to the album impossible for me.

I've played around with EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and the FLAC encoder to remove these clicks. If I use the FLAC encoder with the following command line arguments (EAC Compression options) it removes the clicks:

--skip=1000 --until=-0:02.10 -8 -V -m -e --replay-gain -T "ARTIST=%A" -T "TITLE=%t" -T "ALBUM=%g" -T "DATE=%y" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%n" -T "GENRE=%m" -T "COMMENT=%e" %s -o %d

I simply cut off the first ~0.2 seconds and last 2.1 seconds of every track (which do not contain any other audio except for the clicks). The first two arguments are responsible for that.

When ripping choose the option "Leave out gaps" in the action menu (so that the ending click has the same offset to the end of the track for all tracks).

I'd be glad if this works for you too. :)
    ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ICF_19XX

Thanks for the message you sent, Qtax. 

I had had enough of those clicks and opened up every track's waveform in Soundforge. I magnified each waveform as far as it could go and removed each little waveform of clicks. What was weird, but not unexpected, was that each 'click' had exactly the same waveform. So, I did this to the beginning and end of each track, saved them and burned my own click-free copy. Now I can finally enjoy listening to this great soundtrack.

Now, if I could only find time to play the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.