Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Contradiction: Spot The Liar!

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 13, 2015

An FMV murder mystery adventure game in which the player must identify characters' contradictory statements to solve the case.

C4 - Contradictory Clues Can't Coalesce: Now completed!

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Somestickguy_

Update: It's done!

Original post:

So you might have seen my Giant Bomb TV show openings over the past month. This time, I'm doing something just a little different - a Contradiction opening in the fantastic and unbelievably complex style of D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die.

The original, for reference:

It's most definitely a work in progress - even this twelve-second clip isn't final - but I've been working on this for the past week, so I figured I'd put out a little teaser in the meantime.

I might also need suggestions for stuff to include in the opening - right now I'm particularly wondering what I should do with the "Little Peggy" slot - so let me know what you think!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs to be up front so people think she has a prominent role in this. She's our Steven Seagal in Executive Decision.

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then, the best way to decide on the characters to include is to see what people think!

There are seven slots. Jenks, Simon, Emma and Ryan are locked in, and Paul is very likely.

Slot seven is nigh-on ten seconds. By far the most suitable candidate is Kate Vine, with one major problem... As far as I know (I'm in the process of watching the final video now), there's no footage at all of Kate Vine.

Whaddoido?

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

James turning and looking wistfully into the fireplace. Or Twin Peaks that shizz and zoom in on her Driver's License picture.

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Somestickguy_

I haven't seen Twin Peaks, do you have a clip for reference's sake?

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well

Having watched the last video, here's what I'm thinking (spoilers!)

There's no way I can't use Rebecca Rand, what with her being the culprit and all.

So that means...

Jenks, Simon, Emma, Ryan, Rebecca and Paul are locked in.

Which... is six. HOWEVER. I'm most likely putting Paul in the "Little Peggy" slot. Thematically there is no parallel whatsoever, but a: he has loads of good footage and b: he's essentially billed as the second main character.

So I'm excising Kate, at least from the credited slot. That just leaves the question of who will take slot seven.

So, mirror lady or James? I'll use whoever I see the highest demand for.

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

All done! Three weeks in the making.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

This is super cool stuff, duder! I saw Swery tweet about it earlier, but thought it was worth properly commenting on here so hopefully more folks catch it on here. c:

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

this is great work

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys! It's spreading much slower than the other stuff I've done, but fingers crossed that it'll see more traction today!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.