Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Costume Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

A downloadable turn-based RPG by Double Fine. Play as a child on Halloween night in search of your twin sibling.

Costume Contest quest/achievement

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sharpless

I've gone around to the judges and received their hints for which costumes will win me the contest, but one of them doesn't make total sense to me. It's the one involving the words "DEPTH" and "EDUCATIONAL." Now, "educational" makes it sound like it's referencing the Statue of Liberty costume, but "depth" is throwing me off a bit. It could still be referring to that costume, but it could also theoretically mean "deep space," i.e. the space suit.

Any hints or tips? I just want to make sure I get this right on the first try. I definitely think I'll play through this game again in the near future, but I'd like to nab as many achievements as possible on my first play-through.

Lake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Lake

You cannot lose the contest.  The quest will remain until you get it right.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By zityz

The order is Knight, Robot, Statue of Liberty

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

The man in your avatar is quite ravishing.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By brownsfantb

Lol, I never thought about depth meaning the space suit. Maybe your overthinking it a bit?

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AndyPhifer

The character says they want a costume with DEPTH, something HIGH TECH. High Tech = Robot. Read all the clues ;-)

Raida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raida

Hey, now I've found the judge who says they want Depth & Educational = Statue of Liberty, and the one who says they want (ooh I don't remember something about valour or courtly or whatever) = Knight.
    But where IS the third judge?  I cannae find 'em :[  and if you don't get the hint from the judge it doesn't matter that I've got the right combination!

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Undeadpool
    @Raida said:
    " Hey, now I've found the judge who says they want Depth & Educational = Statue of Liberty, and the one who says they want (ooh I don't remember something about valour or courtly or whatever) = Knight.But where IS the third judge?  I cannae find 'em :[  and if you don't get the hint from the judge it doesn't matter that I've got the right combination! "
    Find the "third" judge pressed up against the wall. The guy who's sitting and looks like he's eating a candybar (but it's actually his badge) near the judge who wants the "educational" costume. (I put third in quotes because he was actually the second judge I found) 

@Sharpless said:
    " I've gone around to the judges and received their hints for which costumes will win me the contest, but one of them doesn't make total sense to me. It's the one involving the words "DEPTH" and "EDUCATIONAL." Now, "educational" makes it sound like it's referencing the Statue of Liberty costume, but "depth" is throwing me off a bit. It could still be referring to that costume, but it could also theoretically mean "deep space," i.e. the space suit. Any hints or tips? I just want to make sure I get this right on the first try. I definitely think I'll play through this game again in the near future, but I'd like to nab as many achievements as possible on my first play-through. "
    Here's the exact solution: 
    Raida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raida
    @Undeadpool:  ta for that, mate

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.