Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crimson Gem Saga

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 26, 2009

A Korean traditional turn-based RPG for the PSP. It is the sequel to Astonishia Story in Korea, being published by SK Telecom as Astonisha Story 2 there. The game is developed by IRONNOS.

Crimson gem saga- vita or iPad?

af7lm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By af7lm

Thinking about picking up the game. Any opinions whether to dl it on the vita or iPad? My guess is the port to the vita is better than to iPad but it's 5$ cheaper in the app store than PSN. Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played it on iOS on my iPhone 3GS close to whenever the port was made. It may have improved since then, but menus were terrible to navigate. Navigating the world map was fine. Fighting battles was fine. But the standard menu was close to broken. After a few hours in, I realized that there was a way to allocate points to skills, and this was only because it used a tap or swipe gesture that I totally didn't expect.

Things might have improved since then. And since this is the menu we're talking about, it's not like it'll affect anything time-crucial in the game. I don't know how it looks on the iPad, but on the smaller iPhone, it was a competent port. With the exception of that damn menu.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that about the competent port. I believe they cut some voices. It doesn't affect the story, but compared to the PSP version, some voices got cut. Again, I haven't played this since the game got released on iOS, so they might have patched the voices back in. But beware of this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.