Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cross Edge

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 26, 2009

A crossover RPG featuring characters from Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Atelier Marie, Mana Khemia and many other series, with a turn-based combat system and costume-based "forms."

Cross Edge: Anyone have some advice?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I picked up Cross  Edge yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone else here that's played it might have some general advice on how to progress.  Is a lot of grinding required, or will good strategy be able to see me through more of the game?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

well if you play on hard then yes there is a lot of grinding. But I'd say it is fun grinding. On normal not so much but it is still their.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

play on easy

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Is this game any good?

I'm into RPGs a fair bit wondering what kind of game play this is basically within the battles, and how involving are they?
    I'm a massive FF fan so anything like that will do, so the battle system..any good?

Also if anyone's playing with English voices assuming there's a choice are they any good?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Is this game any good?I'm into RPGs a fair bit wondering what kind of game play this is basically within the battles, and how involving are they?I'm a massive FF fan so anything like that will do, so the battle system..any good?Also if anyone's playing with English voices assuming there's a choice are they any good? "
    I played on hard and though it kicked my ass and I needed to grind a lot. I found it strangely addicting.  There is not a lot of outside stuff(ie sidemissions) but It will keep you busy for 40-100 hours. I think the battle system is really cool. Feels great executing combos, not so much when the enemy does it though. The english cast is fine but I perfer the Japanese voices, and yes you can change them.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
    @PufferFiz said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " Is this game any good?I'm into RPGs a fair bit wondering what kind of game play this is basically within the battles, and how involving are they?I'm a massive FF fan so anything like that will do, so the battle system..any good?Also if anyone's playing with English voices assuming there's a choice are they any good? "
    I played on hard and though it kicked my ass and I needed to grind a lot. I found it strangely addicting.  There is not a lot of outside stuff(ie sidemissions) but It will keep you busy for 40-100 hours. I think the battle system is really cool. Feels great executing combos, not so much when the enemy does it though. The english cast is fine but I perfer the Japanese voices, and yes you can change them. "
    Seeing as you're here then, and I have you now.
    Question time:

1. Do weapons change appearance, I hate games were I get an item that looks good but then everything looks the same =( there's alot of characters from what I know so I'm not sure to compare screenshots as it may just be someone else.
    2. How often do you level? Does it take a while to get one level, or is it fairly decent? That's the thing stopping me from playing MMOs the slow leveling.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    I played on hard and though it kicked my ass and I needed to grind a lot. I found it strangely addicting.  There is not a lot of outside stuff(ie sidemissions) but It will keep you busy for 40-100 hours. I think the battle system is really cool. Feels great executing combos, not so much when the enemy does it though. The english cast is fine but I perfer the Japanese voices, and yes you can change them. "
    Seeing as you're here then, and I have you now.Question time:1. Do weapons change appearance, I hate games were I get an item that looks good but then everything looks the same =( there's alot of characters from what I know so I'm not sure to compare screenshots as it may just be someone else.2. How often do you level? Does it take a while to get one level, or is it fairly decent? That's the thing stopping me from playing MMOs the slow leveling. "
    There are different weapons so their appearances do change, But weapons can also be upgraded but they stay the same it is just their stats that change.
    leveling depends on where you fight and your level. if you stay fighting the same monster then it will be quick at first then take longer each time. But I would say it is not terribly slow. Also depends on the difficulty.

I do highly recommend the game.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ineedaname
    @PufferFiz: Ah alright cheers man I'll pick up as soon as I get a chance if it's bad, I'ma hunt you down. And tickle you.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @PufferFiz: Ah alright cheers man I'll pick up as soon as I get a chance if it's bad, I'ma hunt you down. And tickle you. "
    hahah Oh man!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

@PufferFiz said:

" @Ineedaname said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    Seeing as you're here then, and I have you now.Question time:1. Do weapons change appearance, I hate games were I get an item that looks good but then everything looks the same =( there's alot of characters from what I know so I'm not sure to compare screenshots as it may just be someone else.2. How often do you level? Does it take a while to get one level, or is it fairly decent? That's the thing stopping me from playing MMOs the slow leveling. "
    There are different weapons so their appearances do change, But weapons can also be upgraded but they stay the same it is just their stats that change. leveling depends on where you fight and your level. if you stay fighting the same monster then it will be quick at first then take longer each time. But I would say it is not terribly slow. Also depends on the difficulty. I do highly recommend the game. "

Cool.  I wasn't keen on the idea of getting the game just because it features by beloved Capcom characters, but after hearing that the game iteself is actually quite good, I may well pick up a copy, if I can find it cheap.     Do the Darkstalker characters join you throughout the whole adventure?
    Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Die
    @Linkyshinks:@Linkyshinks said:
    "  
     @PufferFiz said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    There are different weapons so their appearances do change, But weapons can also be upgraded but they stay the same it is just their stats that change. leveling depends on where you fight and your level. if you stay fighting the same monster then it will be quick at first then take longer each time. But I would say it is not terribly slow. Also depends on the difficulty. I do highly recommend the game. "
    Cool.  I wasn't keen on the idea of getting the game just because it features by beloved Capcom characters, but after hearing that the game iteself is actually quite good, I may well pick up a copy, if I can find it cheap.     Do the Darkstalker characters join you throughout the whole adventure? "
    Yes, they do.  There's five of them from that series, but three of them won't join the party unless you meet some specific requirements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.