Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Here Are The First Shots Of Crysis 2

• 161 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Maximum explosions, maximum urban warfare.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By foggel

Probably gonna need the whole folding@home network to run it at full graphics etc though.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#153  Edited By spazmaster666
    @Gertso said:
    " From what I understand the PS3 is the lead console so the game will look very similar to this on all systems. Just keep in mind these are bullshots... "
    I hope by the "lead console" you're not including the PC as clearly the PC version is going to be the superior one.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By K0rN
    @NoXious:
    No it sold 1.5 million.
    NarcolepticBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By NarcolepticBat
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " @Gertso said:
    " From what I understand the PS3 is the lead console so the game will look very similar to this on all systems. Just keep in mind these are bullshots... "
    I hope by the "lead console" you're not including the PC as clearly the PC version is going to be the superior one. "
    The Ps3 only outsold the xbox 360 for two months since its launch.  Last November and last December, so no the xbox 360 is the lead console. Unfortunate yes, as a ps3 fan myself. And of course the PC version is going to be superior but lets face it, my mom, grandma and my entire high school play xbox so i'm going to get it on that.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#156  Edited By ProfessorEss

Much like Crysis 1:
    Technically astounding, artistically lacking - leaving me somewhere in the middle.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By Branthog

I have to admit, I've never played Crisis. It just seemed like a generic "me too" shooter that served as some sort of tech demo.

Shux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Shux

this is really goin to show case the hard edge modelling and renders for the Cryengine since the first Crysis was mainly oganic stuff. looks great. I think what people r saying about the art dirction of crysis is half tru half untrue. this game is not photo realism the art comes in with the use of lighting and colours crysis looks nice because it doesnt look completely real. as for design I think the suit looks awesome and pluse this is a game with real world weapons what kinda art design do u want them to have? this is not Final Fantasy

pepsicolagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#159  Edited By pepsicolagirl

i'm going to have to update my graphics card

AsciiSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By AsciiSmoke

Am I the only one getting echoes of the Predator movies?
    i.e.: A high-tech, stealthy, warrior that can go invisible moves from fighting in the jungle to fighting in the city streets?

What's next, Preophet Vs Xenomorph?

I'm game! 
    :D 

Gertso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Gertso
    @spazmaster666: By lead console I mean that's the platform they are developing it for first and then porting to 360 and PC. This is a smart move considering it's much easier to port to 360/PC than the PS3. And yes I will be purchasing the PC version as even if the textures aren't noticeably better it will still most likely run a lot smoother even at a higher resolution.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#162  Edited By spazmaster666
    @Gertso said:

" @spazmaster666: By lead console I mean that's the platform they are developing it for first and then porting to 360 and PC. This is a smart move considering it's much easier to port to 360/PC than the PS3. And yes I will be purchasing the PC version as even if the textures aren't noticeably better it will still most likely run a lot smoother even at a higher resolution. "

There are no lead consoles because there's no porting involved. CryEngine 3 is "truly" multiplatform and according to Crytek all three versions will be using the same version of the engine (i.e. all three can run in sync on three monitors), so no porting is going to be involved.
    lubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By lubbs

looks good but looks aren't everything!!!!

omgitswes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By omgitswes32

The 360 version is going to look shit compared to PS3 and PC...that reminds me, I still need a PS3

CPU64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By CPU64

Its just more advanced lighting.. That's the big key to high end visuals.  
    The suit seems to have a ridonculous amount of geometry, but everything else is just more normal mapped boxes with gorgeous textures.. 
    I don't know about images being 100% real-time. The motion blur on his legs looks a bit staged, but I could be wrong, it has happened once or twice.  
    Also, that "thing" on the right, between the yellow posts. Is that supposed to look like a fire hydrant? If so, I think a N64 game object got lost on that street LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.