Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

As Nomad, an elite soldier outfitted in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit that gives him superhuman abilities, infiltrate a North Korean-held island to rescue captured scientists... and face a reawakening ancient evil that threatens the entire world. Crysis is well known for its high system requirements and top of the line graphics.

Is the first Crysis worth purchasing?

greenygrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenygrey

My computer finally has the specs to run the original Crysis, but I'm not sure if the original Crysis is worth buying. I would like to try the first before I play the second, but I've been hearing a lot of bad things about the original. 

Then again, I'm tempted to try the first Crysis after watching this video. 

So was this video a bunch of BS and I should skip the first to go with the second? Or should I buy the first Crysis?
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

The first Crysis is a pretty good game. The gunplay is solid, the open world-ness is awesome, and the jungle setting looks lovely. 
    Anyone who says it is a just a tech demo hasn't played the game so don't listen to them! I'm pretty sure you can find it super cheap now anyway, so buy it and form your own opinion.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By chan05

Go and buy it i really liked it. the graphics are awesome.and i also liked the gameplay and the story! The story was actually better than most people think...play it to the end and you will see.and also get the addon crysis warhead.many consider this to be even better than the main game. i kind of agree

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Seedofpower

I bought it hella cheap last winter holiday but I only put 4 hours on it. I thought it was kinda meh.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By monetarydread

The first two thirds of Crysis is my favorite shooter of all time. The last third though - ughh...

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArcLyte

cysis is a very good game. you should buy it.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude

I used more time in the settings instead of the actual gameplay. For me it was good for an hour or two, after that, well... Kinda boring. I will probably get shitstormed for saying this, but I think the safe bet is to go with the 2nd Crysis since it's more focused.

Harmonican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Harmonican
    @MonetaryDread said:
    " The first two thirds of Crysis is my favorite shooter of all time. The last third though - ughh... "
    Yeah, they really pulled a Half-Life there. 

Crysis is a great game, and Warhead is probably even better. Totally worth getting if you are tired of narrow corridors and too much scripted scenes. And it should be pretty cheap by now.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Tordah

Absolutely. Crysis is a great game.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Yeah its worth playing.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sameeeeam

I hear it's better than the sequel.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NickL

I'm planning on getting it when it goes on a steam sale or something like that

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jack268
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By alternate

Last time I looked the Crysis Ultimate box (inc. warhead and some multiplayer stuff) was hella-cheap.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

Crysis is definitely one of my favorite shooters of all time. I even found the last third to be not completely horrible.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

Definitely, there's no reason to not play Crysis if you're interested in FPSs.

What that guy says in that video is correct, especially in the first part of the game. I spent 3 hours in one part of the game just mucking around with all sorts of silly physics stuff. Towards the end though, the game becomes more linear. But I also thought those parts were great too, especially the level, "Core". Also, it's been said already, but I'll reiterate it; the game really isn't just a tech demo. There's a lot of awesome stuff in the game, even if you disregard the quality of the graphics.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CptBedlam

Yep, great game and not just a graphic demo like many people suggest when the game is brought up.

Actually it's not even that open. I never understand stuff like Ryan said on the last bombcast, how he didn't know where to go or something. I was baffled when I heard this.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#18  Edited By alistercat

They are different games. The strengths of Crysis 1 are true in that video, and no other game offers anything like it. Your hand isn't held, there's a lot of ground to cover because the levels are so huge. I love it. If you like sandbox gameplay in an FPS I dont think it gets much better.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RsistncE

Yes. Crysis is by far better than the vast majority of crap consolized mainstream shooters that have come out in the past few years. The fact that it is still the best looking and playing FPS' out there, even though it's three years old, is a testament to how awesome it is. I playing through it for the first time as we speak.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.