Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Hakai-hen

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Apr 14, 2011

Super Robot Wars Z2 is the sequel to Super Robot Wars Z. Like its predecessor, it introduces a large number of new shows, including Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann.

So am I the only one waiting for a copy of this game?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#1  Edited By Jazz

There has to be someone apart from myself and, i assume,the legend that is Gunstar_Ikari waiting for this game.

Anyone?

Would it help if i said Gurren Lagaan is in it, cause i hear the kids love a bit of Gurren Lagaan these days?
    Code Geass?
    00?
    The Big O?

Votoms?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

Yes, you probably are.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wadtomaton

I've wanted to check this series out for a while, but sadly haven't gotten the chance yet. I'm sure Kat Bailey will talk about it on the Gamepro RPG podcast at some point though >.> 

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jazz
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " Yes, you probably are. "
    Well thats the kind of negativity we don't need in here sir. Go join a podcast and complain...that's what i do.

@demonknightinuyasha said:
    " I've wanted to check this series out for a while, but sadly haven't gotten the chance yet. I'm sure Kat Bailey will talk about it on the Gamepro RPG podcast at some point though >.>  "
    hmmm, doubt it...but who knows. I cannot stress enough how good these games are though if you like your robots of the super and anime kind. If you happen to have a DS you could probably get a cheap version of W on import...still my personal favourite of the series, and the Japanese isn't too much of a problem either beyond the storyline beats.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

As much as I love Super Robot Wars, without a translation, my favorite part of the series will just fall flat to me.  Having The Big O in is awesome, sure, but if I can't actually know what all the characters are saying in this crossover madness, then what's the point?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I might be interested in it. I remember reading about one that came out on the DS awhile ago that didn't have licensed robots like the others, but knowing that this one does means I'll look further into it when it comes out.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jazz
    @ViciousAnchovy said:
    " I might be interested in it. I remember reading about one that came out on the DS awhile ago that didn't have licensed robots like the others, but knowing that this one does means I'll look further into it when it comes out. "
    that was the GBA games that were released in English using only the original created stuff.
    and they were awesome in nearly every way.

If you can find them, i cannot recommend them enough
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McGhee
    @Jazz said:
    " @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    Well thats the kind of negativity we don't need in here sir. Go join a podcast and complain...that's what i do.

Negativity? You asked a question and I gave you an answer. It's not like I told you to put the game up your ass and jump off a bridge. -__-

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jazz
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " @Jazz said:
    " @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Negativity? You asked a question and I gave you an answer. It's not like I told you to put the game up your ass and jump off a bridge. -__-

"
    ah, forgive me. I forgot how serious the internet was and how sensitive people can be to replies of a facetious nature.
    It was an off the cuff remark and I withdraw any harm perpetrated upon your most sensitive nature.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

Big O is lame.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jazz
    @Axxol said:
    " Big O is lame. "
    it was a childhood accident and he never got it mended...don't hate on him for that.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Jazz said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " Big O is lame. "
    it was a childhood accident and he never got it mended...don't hate on him for that. "
    What is the game about? 
    jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jtman54179
    @Jazz said:
    " @ViciousAnchovy said:
    " I might be interested in it. I remember reading about one that came out on the DS awhile ago that didn't have licensed robots like the others, but knowing that this one does means I'll look further into it when it comes out. "
    that was the GBA games that were released in English using only the original created stuff.

"
    He's right about there being DS version: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.
    It played less like the Fire Emblem style GBA games, and more closer to a Final Fantasy game (weak comparison though)
    The gameplay was different as well, emphasizing a turn based juggling combat mechanic. What little I played of the game became boring quickly, and the story was not enough to keep me engaged.

TL;DR Version:  To echo Jazz( albeit with less enthusiasm) the GBA games were great, so much so I rebought the first one when I lost it. This PSP version coming out looks like a return to that gameplay style so I'll keep an eye out. But  whether or not I play it will probably hinge on if there is an English version because the story is important to me much like Make_Me_Mad

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jazz
    @Axxol said:
    " @Jazz said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " Big O is lame. "
    it was a childhood accident and he never got it mended...don't hate on him for that. "
    What is the game about?  "

It's a japanese SRPG featuring a bunch of well known anime real (Gundam, Macross, Votoms) and Super (Mazinger, Getter Robo, Voltron) robots in a crazy cross over fan fiction celebration of madness and laser beams.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jazz
    @jtman54179: 
    There were DS versions of the main series, but Endless Frontier is only a SRW in name and reference to characters..its a spin off of a totally different style. Like the Resident evil light gun games...something best forgotten about.
    The main series will never come to the US/EU due to licencing issues for the shows, so either fan translations (there's one of the old GBA J on the net which is very good) or a certain amount of patience is required..
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Jazz: The uploader has not made this video available to your country.

Gundam and Voltron? That sounds awesome!
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jazz
    @Axxol:   
      try that one..damn country locking crap
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Turambar

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.  On the other hand, I did also pirate it since I suck at waiting.  I'll be done with my first playthrough before Play-Asia delivers the game at this rate.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Turambar
    @jtman54179 said:
    " @Jazz said:
    " @ViciousAnchovy said:

"
    He's right about there being DS version: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.
    It played less like the Fire Emblem style GBA games, and more closer to a Final Fantasy game (weak comparison though)
    The gameplay was different as well, emphasizing a turn based juggling combat mechanic. What little I played of the game became boring quickly, and the story was not enough to keep me engaged.

TL;DR Version:  To echo Jazz( albeit with less enthusiasm) the GBA games were great, so much so I rebought the first one when I lost it. This PSP version coming out looks like a return to that gameplay style so I'll keep an eye out. But  whether or not I play it will probably hinge on if there is an English version because the story is important to me much like Make_Me_Mad

"
    IIRC, the SNES ones were already all fan translated, as was J on the GBA and Alpha Gaiden for the PSX.  MNeidengard also has very extensive story walkthroughs for many of the games on gamefaqs, and is working on the one for SRW L right now.  He will start the one for Z2.1 next.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jazz
    @Turambar said:
    " @jtman54179 said:
    " @Jazz said:
    " @ViciousAnchovy said:

"

"
    IIRC, the SNES ones were already all fan translated, as was J on the GBA and Alpha Gaiden for the PSX.  MNeidengard also has very extensive story walkthroughs for many of the games on gamefaqs, and is working on the one for SRW L right now.  He will start the one for Z2.1 next. "
    The fan translations of J and Alpha Gaiden were very well put together..especially J. It's a hell of a job translating all of that text though, especially when you're not being paid for it.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Jazz: Thanks. That looks insane.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic

added to the 2011 releases thread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.