Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

I'm stuck at the end. Help!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, in as spoiler-free-ish a manner you can muster... what do I do once I've visited all the giants and collected the giant Lord's soul? ...Please... please don't tell me I have to kill the dragon :(

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@development: Dragon ain't that hard. But no, you don't have to. Although doing so nets you a soul you can use to craft a pretty interesting weapon.

At this point, you need to go to the bonfire at the King's Gate, in Drangleic castle. Down that path are the two final bosses of the game. If you've got anything you want to do before you finish the game, such as completing the Pilgrims of the Dark levels, or killing Vendrick in the Crypt, then do so now.

Quick Edit: If you remember Freja, the double spider, you can also visit her to access the memories of one of the last, ancient dragons. Doing so will also allow you to get said dragon's soul without combatting him.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By groin

Warp to first bonfire in Drangleic castle and take a left.

aterangelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can kill the dragon but you do not have to. Go back to the castle.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By groin

@do_the_manta_ray said:

If you've got anything you want to do before you finish the game, such as completing the Pilgrims of the Dark levels, or killing Vendrick in the Crypt, then do so now.

That is not true. You are placed into free-roam/open-world after defeating the final boss. New game plus must be opted into by selecting the new menu entry from a bonfire.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray said:

@development: Dragon ain't that hard. But no, you don't have to. Although doing so nets you a soul you can use to craft a pretty interesting weapon.

At this point, you need to go to the bonfire at the King's Gate, in Drangleic castle. Down that path are the two final bosses of the game. If you've got anything you want to do before you finish the game, such as completing the Pilgrims of the Dark levels, or killing Vendrick in the Crypt, then do so now.

Even after the credits rolled I was able to go back and fight Vendrick. It doesn't automatically put you into NG+.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: @groin:

Oh, damn. You're completely right. I've been unable to get the ending sequence out of my head, and immedietely went ahead and moved on to NG+ after I'd crafted a weapon from the final boss' soul, it slipped my mind entirely.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray: That's an interesting interpretation of "spoiler-free-ish," but thanks. Got me two good allies for this.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: My bad, I assumed you'd already gone through all the three King gates, so I explained it to you from that standpoint.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait... im still stuck at the beginning

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@do_the_manta_ray said:

Even after the credits rolled I was able to go back and fight Vendrick. It doesn't automatically put you into NG+.

Did you kill him? I just tried... a whole bunch. Fuck that shit. I'm melee-only, with a weak bow for picking small enemies. That fight is crazy. I've read up on the "secret factors" that influence his overall health, but it still seems ridiculous. It may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm not; I like that they included something like this in the game... I'm just not gonna do it any time soon. On to a new character...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What's so bad about the Vendrick fight? Literally just circle around him and then attack him after he attacks. His attacks are hilariously slow and easy to avoid. You have the souls equipped on your " hotbar ", right? For some reason, the debuff doesn't apply unless you do that. You should also go kill the 2 giants in Black Gulch, as one of them drops another Giant Soul that'll debuff him even further.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

How do you guys even initate the Vendrick fight? All he does is walk around for me, attacking him does absolutely nothing, he just ignores me.

And yeah, the game is a bit directionless and confusing towards the end, the start is pretty simple. Kill these 4 guys and get their souls.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirogane: You have to debuff him first with the souls you get from the Giant trees memories. When you get them, equip them onto your hot bar (don't use them, though), and then attack him a couple times and his HP bar should appear.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirogane: hey the lady did say , one day youll stand at drangleic castle , without really knowing why :)

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@steadyingmeat: Thanks for that, didn't know you had to have them equipped. I was doing nohing to him at all and he'd just ignore me.

@envane said:

@shirogane: hey the lady did say , one day youll stand at drangleic castle , without really knowing why :)

Ha, but he isn't in the castle. And i kinda wondered why i was there the first time i set foot there. Nobody ever gave me a good reason to go there.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat: You don't have to have them equipped, just possess them in your inventory.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Steadying

@fredchuckdave: Didn't do anything for me when they were in my inventory, and then I read somewhere you had to equip them, and when I did he almost immediately attacked me. So I dunno what's goin' on.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the Vendrick fight with the Giant Souls in my inventory (not hot bar), and it was a piece of cake. Either I'm way better than I have any right to be, or they work in inventory.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They only have to be in your inventory.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's so bad about the Vendrick fight? Literally just circle around him and then attack him after he attacks. His attacks are hilariously slow and easy to avoid. You have the souls equipped on your " hotbar ", right? For some reason, the debuff doesn't apply unless you do that. You should also go kill the 2 giants in Black Gulch, as one of them drops another Giant Soul that'll debuff him even further.

...you're kidding me. I thought all i needed was to own the giants souls for him to get easier. Took me at least 2 hours and a whooole lot of charcoal resin to finish that one up.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mano521: According to everyone else in the topic, they just need to be in your inventory.....but that didn't work for me, and apparently it didn't work for you either, so I dunno. :/

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Debuff with souls on the hotbar? wtf?

No idea what that's about. I had 4 souls in my inventory.. went and killed Vendrick on 2nd or 3rd try I think. Took maybe 5-10 mins. Just need to do one hit at a time. I stood directly behind/next to his left leg and just rotated with him. He'll occasionally throw a wrench in the works by being right next to the wall or doing the jump back move. This is where your ability to dodge comes in cause you need to get right back on him immediately and if you fail that dodge you will most likely die in one hit.

It's pretty much like every other Dark Souls boss. Don't make a mistake. Slow and steady wins the race.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat: Giant in the black Gulch? I dont remember seeing them D:

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's really hidden.

Loading Video...

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By sub_o

You need to drop from a ledge, near the giant worm.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sub_o: @the_hiro_abides: So that how you open those damned doors huh ... I new were the door was but did think there were more ledges to go down to.....aaaaargggghhhh DARK SOULS!!!!!!! D:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.