Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

What's the stupidest thing you've done in a Dark Souls rage? (Topic is over 2 years old)

• 55 results
    Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I'm currently fighting the Giant Lord and just punched the fuck out of my leg, because, y'know, gamer rage!! :D How about the rest of you guys?

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

got pretty pissed when dealing with the Smelter Demon. Eventually convinced myself to go get the greatshield with 100% fire-resist and came back to fight him later and it was all good.

As for the Giant Lord, it was late at night, I saw his pattern but couldn't avoid him for some dumb reason. Turned it off, pissed off. Took a shower and went to bed. Next morning I got up and killed him without getting hit.

I've learned to take a break and do something to cool off. Controllers are expensive... Figured I'd rather buy new games than replacement controllers.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Haven't had any rage in DS2 yet. It's a mostly easy ride. Trying 3 or 4 different loadouts (and the cost of upgrading all that gear) to fight Four Kings NG+ was probably the most costly, especially if you include the 200K souls and 4 hours lost to corpse runs.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

One time I took out my frustration on a loved one, it was brutal, but I lost 3 THOUSAND souls!!

tehe silly gamer rage :3

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jiggajoe14

Threw a glass cup against a wall due to dark souls 1 lol. Have a cheap plastic mouth guard case that I threw on the ground and it snapped in half, but I can't remember what part of 2 caused me to do that....probably the gutter/black gulch.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when talking ds2
    the most "gamer rage" i have done is loudly calling things bullshit, thats about it

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grillbar: yep, Smelter Demon has heard every variation of the term "bullshit" from me.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By obcdexter

I said "that's so ridiculous" a bunch of times until I couldn't use the word anymore because it had lost all meaning.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmmm, angrily charged into melee against nashandra with two phantoms which makes her like twice as aggressive and hit like a truck? I think once in the giant boss area I got mad at that idiot drummond cause I summoned him but he ran ahead, so I ran after him to catch up and was pissed he left me to deal with all the mobs. So I wasn't really paying attention when the giant stone statue head collapsed on top of me...

Myrmicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, that was mostly "Are you kidding me ?" or "...the fuck ?" or "insert any angry surprise quote here".
    I'm starting to wonder why I keep being surprised when I die, even though I know I will...

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I forgot to mention the time that someone I summoned to fight the smelter demon and he spent the whole time during the fight standing in the corner throwing the I'm sorry carving. Suffice to say I died and spent a few minutes cursing at my tv...& then cracking up about it 20 minutes later because dark souls.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

My many attempts at beating Ancient Dragon involved an awful lot of cursing and strange convulsing... When sheer words can't express my frustration my body starts to act really weird. Also, plenty of dual-flippin' the bird at the TV.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am also a furious leg puncher. I have left some pretty notable bruises on my right leg.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Stupidest thing I do is continue playing even though I should take a break or go to sleep. Typically I just growl or yell at the TV. On some rare occasions I'll start quoting lines from Die Hard. "Come out to Drangleic, have a few laughs."

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I forgot to mention the time that someone I summoned to fight the smelter demon and he spent the whole time during the fight standing in the corner throwing the I'm sorry carving. Suffice to say I died and spent a few minutes cursing at my tv...& then cracking up about it 20 minutes later because dark souls.

That is fantastic.

Most I've done is curse a bit (or a lot) in Dark Souls, so I'm guessing that'll be the same when 2 releases on PC.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'll hurl a few profanities at the TV but other than that I'm over "raging" about any game really.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Before I owned Dark Souls on PC, I was playing on the PS3. I was stuck on O&S for 5 days. I was awful at the game then....

I had one of those "Killed the boss but died at the same time so it doesn't count" moments, pulled the the disk out of the system, took it outside, poured lighter fluid on it and set it one fire.

Don't play Dark Souls drunk....

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I ended up losing about 100k souls last night dying along the path to the brotherhood of blood boss in NG+ just because I couldn't be bothered fighting the red phantoms 1 v 1. But I was in a bad mood in general last night. I didn't rage but I stopped playing for the night.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, I feel like Dark Souls is more of a heart-breaking game, rather than rage-inducing.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In game, probably quitting from pvp battles with estus spammers. when i was winning. I have always hated grass eaters :)

irl getting upset with my lady for walking past the tv when I was about to pull off a lucky win in a boss battle

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually just yell a lot at the TV and punch my bed a few times when the game punishes me. Also, playing tired is a very bad idea.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: How about playing Dark Souls II with a light buzz? I feel I do better when I have a few whiskeys in me.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sinusoidal

I get pretty mad at games sometimes, but not Souls games. If anything, I find death a relief from the constant creeping horror of not knowing when exactly I'm going to die.

Though there was once when I reverse-hollowed to kindle a bonfire to have some more Estus whilst 50'000+ soul corpse running the Archives after the mandatory death to the crystal dragon thing and some lightning Shotel wielding, MASSIVE asshole ganked me when I had no idea that said Shotel could hit around shields and wow was I pissed that this dickhead was smacking me around straight through my beautiful +15 Eagle Shield...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BBAlpert
    This was my A+ eSports pro-strat for beating Gwyn in DS1 (but I eventually reinstalled and beat him for real).
    This was my A+ eSports pro-strat for beating Gwyn in DS1 (but I eventually reinstalled and beat him for real).

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly just laugh at myself when I die stupidly. I did have a small fit against the Ruin Sentinels though, almost broke my controller in half. I just had to take a short break and I was all good again.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmfjohnson: Oh that's not necessary. I finished Dark Souls 2 without a single moment of anger. The game is crazy easier than the other Souls games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't Dark Souls II related, but in Dark Souls 1 I killed Andre and watched his ragdoll get eaten by the staircase next to him.

I don't even actually know why I did it, but I do know there is no evidence of him on that save file anymore.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grillbar: yep, Smelter Demon has heard every variation of the term "bullshit" from me.

for me it was the second to last final boss, the giant thing in the memory the smelter was actually not that bad, it was hard but i never felt it was unfair. althought it helped to have the sweat spell, the gyrm shield or what ever its called that has 100% phys and fire res and a fire res ring +1
    the black gulch boss was also bullshit a single time where i almost had him needed one hit, i had full stam and 100% res phys shield and he somehow hit me thought it dealing a ton of dmg so i only have a little bit of health left but he knocked me in to the fire that then finnished me off since the animation took to long to get up

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dew

I curse a lot. Yell a lot. Usually combinations of both. Sometimes I will get up, turn around, and punch the couch multiple times as hard as I can.

Sometimes I feel like a crazy person.

Edit: also I lost 50k souls after the Rotten to the silliest death instead of going to find a bonfire right away. I proceeded to eat every boss soul I had up to that point (about 100k worth) out of anger. Totally worth it

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stopped playing for a few days. You gotta learn to push through the anger and frustration.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screamed "Fuck this game" and deleted my character.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was playing the original Dark Souls my roommate thought it was funny to yell shit at me when I was in a particularly stressful situation, just loudly calling out all my errors or just yell "DON'T FUCK UP DON'T FUCK UP DON'T FUCK UP".

I'm usually pretty patient but one time the frustration caused me to whip the controller as hard as I could at him after dying.

This in no way hindered his habit of verbally assaulting me while playing Dark Souls.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Scrawnto

When I get really frustrated, I either lapse into some sort of weird southern accent or possibly just cataplexy that makes my tongue unresponsive. In either case, I get an awkward drawl.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last night I was doing The Rotten a few times (with Bonfire Ascetics) with Lucitel to get her achievement. I was already on NG+, so I was getting 90k souls for the NG++, etc for killing him. I got one shotted by him during my 2nd fight, was annoyed with myself and ended up running the wrong way out of the 2nd Black Gulch Bonfire and right off a cliff. 192k souls gone.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Before I owned Dark Souls on PC, I was playing on the PS3. I was stuck on O&S for 5 days. I was awful at the game then....

I had one of those "Killed the boss but died at the same time so it doesn't count" moments, pulled the the disk out of the system, took it outside, poured lighter fluid on it and set it one fire.

Don't play Dark Souls drunk....

You win. I've done some rude shit to controllers in the past, but I have never set anything on fire.

You didn't truly commit though. If you were serious, you would have deleted your save game as well.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I took a break after getting killed one too many times at the iron castles last boss so I forgot to include a product key in an unattended XML file for work. I multitask and sometimes take work home with me...

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By benspyda

I think most of my deaths in the game where from rolling off ledges and falling to my death. Which generally makes me laugh more than rage. For a game with so many ways do die and things to kill you, rolling off a cliff never gets old for some reason.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After battling in the painted world for a long time I quit the game and deleted my 35hrs character! Just like that, man I was raging, i had also been awake through the night playing it so that added to my frustration.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, i don't think i raged at him, i just was kinda amused. Cause the only real bullshit thing that he really did to me was glitching me into walls. Made me do that fight a few more times than i should've needed to.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Seppli

I was pretty mad at Dark Souls II, because I just couldn't stop playing it. So after two and a half playthroughs (like 130 hours in two weeks), I deinstalled the game. I still think about it every day though. Success?

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By weegieanawrench
    No Caption Provided

A shout-out to the Belfry Gargoyles.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@benspyda said:

I think most of my deaths in the game where from rolling off ledges and falling to my death. Which generally makes me laugh more than rage. For a game with so many ways do die and things to kill you, rolling off a cliff never gets old for some reason.

That's how most of my deaths in Iron Keep happened. I found that place really manageable, but I would inevitably roll off a ledge and then do it again when trying to get back to my bloodstain. I probably lost 90,000+ souls from that, but I never got angry about it. I tend not to keep a large amount of souls on me ever so I'm never worried about losing them.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dropped 2 characters at Sen's Fortress the week the game came out, and didn't return to it until the PC version about a month ago, where I promptly cleared the game inside a few days. Basically those stupid swinging glaives made me quit dark souls for 3 years.

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By DeepSpace9MM

There was some controller throwing when I fought the Capra Demon for the first time in Dark Souls 1. That fight actually made me quit the game for a year or so.

I matured a bit for Dark Souls 2. Just lots of yelling variations of fuck and shit. My go-to's are "Rat fucker" and "What a bunch of horse shit."

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By golguin

I don't throw things, but I do yell at the TV. I basically reuse the same few phrases of, "Fuck", "What the fuck!", "Fucking SHIT!", "God dammit!", "God Fucking Dammit!", and general grunt/scream noises of anger.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I gotta say, Dark Souls 2 strangely never elicited any real anger from me. When I forced myself to try and use some ultra greatswords I did do a fair amount of eye-rolling.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well, that fucking Ancient Dragon made me throw a controller for the first time ever. Aside from that lots of cursing.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dying to the Lost Sinner on the last hit made me smack myself in the head pretty hard in frustration. Dark Souls has a terrible ability to make me feel like everything bad is my fault.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.