Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Pyromancy riposte/grapple attack?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So back when some initial gameplay footage came out of this, I remember seeing a really cool attack where it looked like a guy parried someone, and riposted with his pyro flame, resulting in a grapple that scorched the dude and finished with a huge explosion.

Now I've got the game I can't for the life of me pull this off - nor can I find the initial footage either! - so any help would be greatly appreciated. I can parry well enough, but then when hitting R1 or R2, he just lobs a fireball or punches the dude instead. Is it a specific spell you have to have equipped perhaps?

My equip atm is medium shield (Dragon Crest) in left hand, and pyro flame in the right, if that matters!

Cheers!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's not a riposte. It's the Sacred Flame spell, it has a small windup and is melee ranged, when it hit's it looks like a grapple and the enemy is knocked down as well as taking heavy damage. Oh and it goes through shield block.

If you're looking for it it's in the fire zone.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah thank you very much!!! I can't think where you mean by 'fire zone' though sorry!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

@shalashaskauk666: Well I don't want to spoil things in case you don't want that. It's somewhere around the middle of the game. But it's a missable side area. So if you are really really looking for that specific spell: (in the Catacombs right before the boss, destroy the bridge and climb down it, which will lead to the Smouldering Lake)
    keep in mind it's a situational spell tho, good against slow blocking enemies, not so much against agile fast attacking ones.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic man I'll keep an eye out for it, perfect response! Thanks again :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.