Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Better to Leave Chests for Higher Levels?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

So after a bug-accident I ended up restarting the game. Bad news is that I lost around 14 hours of game play; good news is that the game is totally awesome so I really don't mind that much (and this time I know how to avoid said bug).

So now I'm more or less rushing back to the point I was, but came to thinking. Since it seems all chests scale with your level, wouldn't it be better to just leave all the chests out in the open world for looting when higher leveled? The first half of the game really isn't that gear-dependant, and since I've already gone through it I kind of know what to expect. I figured I'd just get by with whatever loot mobs and bosses drops, and then collect world chests when I'm higher level searching for collectibles.

Crazy idea, or sounds good?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By psylah

Your theory sounds correct.

deadeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deadeyes

I suppose as long as you have suitable gear you could leave the chests, I cant help but grab every chest though.

I just like opening chests I guess

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Akrid

@Cincaid said:

Since it seems all chests scale with your level,

Do they? I have a distinct memory of going back to an old area and opening chests that I could have gotten the first time, and I got gear way lower level.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phrosnite

Sounds good but it's actually a bad idea. Chest drops become more and more disappointing as you get deeper into the game. Most of them will contain gold and some item that's not better than what you have. You'll get better stuff from the vendors. The only exciting thing you'll get from chests is possessed weapons.

Collect all you can. Sell it and then buy stuff from the vendors or better yet save up all the gold and go buy a random possessed weapon from Vulgrim for 50k gold and 20 Boatmen coins.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cincaid

@Akrid said:

@Cincaid said:

Since it seems all chests scale with your level,

Do they? I have a distinct memory of going back to an old area and opening chests that I could have gotten the first time, and I got gear way lower level.

I'm not 100% certain, I just figured that was the case since every chest I have ever opened have always dropped loot at the same exact level as I was, no matter the location...

@phrosnite: Welp, a bit disappointing to hear...guess I'll still leave them, since I'm coming back later for collectibles anyway. Crossing fingers for good luck, heh.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phrosnite

@Cincaid: Yeah, a good strategy is to leave chests that show up on the map when they are near a portal or some gear you don't have yet. But it's a good idea to write things down like... "ancient constract part in Shadows gorge", "portals at Weepin Craig near Gorewood cave" :D

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cincaid

@phrosnite said:

@Cincaid: Yeah, a good strategy is to leave chests that show up on the map when they are near a portal or some gear you don't have yet. But it's a good idea to write things down like... "ancient constract part in Shadows gorge", "portals at Weepin Craig near Gorewood cave" :D

lol yeah, I keep my iPhone close to take notes when playing, so I know what area requires what upgrade for later visits. ^^

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By MildMolasses

I wouldn't worry about it. The chests do see, to scale to you, but there are so meany along the way, you may as well open them as you find them to keep your current level as strong as possible

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By amir90

Let us what the result are :)

I just can't avoid a chest.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

No point.

There are plenty of chest throughout the game and you are always getting a steady stream of gear (if exploring properly) way more then you know what to do with.

Roxas6399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a hidden chest in the forge lands MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET IT UNTIL YOUR LEVEL 30 I

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.