Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Framerate Issues?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Raven10

I'm really sensitive to framerate issues. Have been playing Darksiders 1 and have been really annoyed at the horrible framerate in many areas of the game. By horrible I probably mean it is somewhere in the mid 20's. Anyone whose played either console version who is likewise sensitive, have you noticed these issues in the second game? I have a good PC so I'm sure I could get 60 fps on that, but I'd prefer to rent it which you can't do on a PC. So basically, should I bite the bullet and rent it or should I hold off and buy the PC version on the Steam Sale at the end of the year?

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pandorasbox

Yes, the console versions have similar issues in the FPS realm as the first game. Even more so, actually. It's still plenty playable, but if you're having problems with the first games FPS issues, i suggest buying the PC version of darksiders 2 when it goes super cheap on steam.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Giantstalker

Never had any serious framerate issues in Darksiders II on the PC.

I had tons of other problems, including quests which broke and couldn't be completed, but nothing that outright stopped me from finishing the game.

I would wait until it's on sale, PC is still the best way to go.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

I had some pretty bad tearing on the PC version, even with VSync on. Maybe that's just me though?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raven10

@wemibelec90: Maybe it uses an adaptive VSync like in console games? Have you tried forcing VSync from your graphics card's control panel?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raven10

@pandorasbox: Thanks! If that is the case then I think I will stick to the PC version

OhHiMk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By OhHiMk

PC is also getting a third patch soonish. The worst FPS drop I had was from 150-110. Nothing major.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Nubster

@wemibelec90 said:

I had some pretty bad tearing on the PC version, even with VSync on. Maybe that's just me though?

I've heard that, in most cases, you have to force it from your graphics card.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.