Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

No Main Quest in Kingdom of the Dead, cannot progress

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TwoArmed

So after watching the cutscene of the giant guardian defeat the Corruption, I went back to Tri-Stone, ended up checking my mail, got the invitation to the Crucible, fast traveled there, talked to the guy there, then used the portal thing to leave it rather than fast traveling out. After the load, the cutscene that apparently plays when you ride up to the Tree of Life manually started playing, I find myself in the Kingdom of the Dead, I talk to the goat guy (Ostegarth? Whatever), he tells me to scale Serpent's Peak, then I go through his other dialogue options and I'm back to moving around.

Here's the problem: I never received a Main Quest. I have no Main Quest in my log and nothing on the minimap. So I run around, go to where the Gilded Arena door is locked up, go do the Deposed King dungeon, then I decide to open my map. I see there's a mailbox, so I fast travel to it, which takes me to the Eternal Throne. The cutscene with the trainer starts, I buy all his stuff, and I go talk to the guards outside the locked door. They tell me (non-cutscene) - paraphrasing - no one gets in without say from the Chancellor (I think?). So I go back past the trainer and then I get a little cutscene showing me the trainer and the ghosts standing there, clearly implying I was not supposed to be able to fast travel there as I didn't get it upon arriving.

I then fast travel to Serpent's Peak, go through it, the cutscene plays where Death cuts the bell and makes it fall (as apparently that summons the Eternal Throne), and I end up having to climb around on what is the Eternal Throne. I go through it, end up where I got to from fast traveling to it in the first place, and still nothing. I fast travel to the entrance to the Breach and go through that as I watched a video walkthrough that showed I should have a Main Quest after talking to the goat guy (I wondered then if I was supposed to run around and explore and then something would happen, giving me a Main Quest, but apparently not) and they proceeded through it. I go through the Breach and back to Serpent's Peak, hoping that would somehow fix it, but it does not. I fast travel back to the Eternal Throne, hoping that would somehow fix it, but it does not.

TL;DR: Re-read the title of the post.

So, after all that, has anyone else had something like this happen to them? I love sinking over 12 hours into a game only to find that I have to start over. And yes, I'm well aware this kind of thing isn't exclusive to this game, blah blah blah. Maybe this game SHOULD have been delayed to coincide with the Wii U's launch after all if it would have meant this stuff wouldn't be there.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

@TwoArmed:

Yea the Crucible DLC seems buggy that way, because you normally get the invite right as you finish the main quest in the first zone. I had it happen to me similarly in that i entered the Crucible before going to the tree of life and upon going back it instantly started the cutscene. Thankfully my game instantly crashed upon entering the Kingdom of the Dead and when I reloaded i was in the Kingdom but with the main quest and everything was alright from there.

First thing i would have done tho is to reload the game anyway, not fast travel around with potential to fuck it up even further.

Some things to try: If you quit and reload now are you still not getting the main quest? Also try talking to the goat guy again after reloading maybe. Tried talking to the chancelor?

But i fear now that you have done the Eternal Throne bit it may be too fucked up of a save. :/

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zella

Wow yeah something went very wrong with the fast travelling. Yeah I've had multiple save files become corrupted and if they have more than 2 hours of work into them I usually abandon the game for a week or two.

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoArmed

@GunslingerPanda: They spoiled the Kingdom of the Dead as being the second area in preview coverage, so, sorry. Not that you necessarily would, but I would advise against watching Gamespot's video review if you don't want spoilers a lot worse than my topic title.

@Tennmuerti: The thing is, the problem of having no Main Quest started before I fast traveled anywhere in the Kingdom of the Dead. It had autosaved plenty of times prior to me fast traveling, so I was screwed anyway. As I said, I wondered if maybe I was supposed to wander around and then some dumb cutscene would start that would give me a main quest. I didn't think to immediately delete my most recent save (the game keeps a Save A and a Save B in Storage) and see if that would work. Yeah, I've restarted plenty of times, ran around back and forth between areas in the Forge Lands and the Kingdom of the Dead, and no dice. I'll have to start over and relive the boring Forge Lands. Oh joy.

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hangedtoaster
    @GunslingerPanda: Duder it's a location  in a 25+ hour game, no need to get so butt hurt over something like that. 

@TwoArmed: That really sucks though dude,  Out of curiosity what platform are you playing on?
    TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoArmed

@hangedtoaster: 360. Guess I should have expected bad shit to go down after the game locked up on me twice as it is.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

@TwoArmed: Damn, was worth a shot. I would also advise to try checking out the official forums to see if poeple had same issues and if anyone solved it, it's less time then replaying.

But if you have to replay the Forgelands it goes by much faster the second time around, when you know where to go and can skip past all the dialogue/cutscenes. I'm doing it again now on newgame+

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hangedtoaster

So when you start up the game are you just hitting continue? Or are you going through the process of loading it up through the load menu?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@hangedtoaster: There is a load menu, and aftar that continue. But you basically only have 1 save slot for your progress of a particular playthrough. (with 1 backup save). Other save slots act as other playthroughs.

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hangedtoaster
    @Tennmuerti: Oh whoops, I was thinking of that in a different order. 

On the super off chance that it would work maybe try clearing your 360's cache? It's helped me fix weird save issues in the past, no guarantees though
    TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoArmed

@hangedtoaster: I choose to load it up through the load menu everytime because the load menu comes up everytime I start the game haha.

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoArmed

@Tennmuerti: Yeah, I scrolled through 12 pages on the technical help forum on the official site and saw no one - other than myself - mentioning my problem. I'm glad I could contribute a "brand-new" bug to the forum.

@GunslingerPanda: Have fun.

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoArmed

Glanced back through the technical help forum on the official site and I guess I missed a couple topics before where some people relayed the same experience as me (going to the Crucible before completing The Tree of Life after beating the Guardian) and then THQDraven (poster on the site) was able to recreate another possible explanation. Upon reaching the Realm of the Dead, if you manually interact with and talk to Ostegoth before the cutscene triggers, your primary quest will not update and will be gone indefinitely, and there is no workaround if you progress two autosaves or more beyond the conversation with him.

Whoever had the bright idea to remove the multiple save slots of Darksiders 1 should be fired haha.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deanoxd

Finished the game yesterday without any issues and it completely met all my expectations.

Mega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mega123

I have the same problem :/

TwoArmed have you solved this bug?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ravenlight

Bummer. At least I know what to watch out for on my playthrough.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BrockNRolla

For no apparent reason, not even fast travelling, I have ended up stuck in the Eternal Throne area. I can't fast travel and as far as I can find, there is no way out. Fucking infuriating.

tidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tidge

I had the same problem. Reloaded the game and nothing. Then went down the track and it automatically signed off my quests went back up and all was unlocked :) Hope this works for anyone else with the same problem.

Ingemarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ingemarson

so finaly guys is there a way to fix this c**p with the no having the primary quest at the kingdom of dead because im up to my nerves right now .... ive been playing like for the past 3-5 days like 8 hours a day and i finished the normal difficulty and i want to reach the apocalyptic one.Is there a possible way or ima have to demant for a freakin refund.Hope there is and hope for a fast response cuz it freakin frustrating

PS:exept starting the game all over again cuz aint no way in the world ima play another 40 hours :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.