Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Survival Arena and New Game + detailed

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/introducing-darksiders-ii-arena-mode-and-new-game-functionality

Today I would like to officially announce two additions within Darksiders II that will round off our new announcements. Let me introduce you to our Arena Survival Mode along with our New Game+ functionality.
    The game features a combat arena which will provide the ultimate challenge for Darksiders II players. After completing five of the mode’s 100 unique waves, gamers will be given the option of taking a prize or continuing for another five waves for a chance at even better items. However, if they fall in combat they will leave with nothing. Only the most skilled players will have what it takes to best all 100 waves and claim the greatest prizes.
    In addition to this mode, Darksiders II will feature a New Game+ mode which will allow players to carry over their Death for a new game retaining all of their skills and equipment.
    Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing commented: “The Arena Challenge Mode and the New Game+ function are the perfect way to continue building the ultimate Death even after finishing the main game. This upgraded and customized character can then be carried over into the upcoming DLC campaign missions.”

This sounds incredible. Risking your rewards for better loot sounds like it could be addictive.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yay! New Game Plus!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Good news, everyone!

I was so bummed when I learned the first Darksiders lacked this mode. Finally, a proper NG+!

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

Oh man, I just know I'm going to spend an absurd amount of time trying to clear that combat arena.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I can't wait for this game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

God yes. The next 8 days are going to be hellish.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JoeyRavn

So, "Survive 100 Waves in the Arena" and "Complete the game on New Game+" Achievements confirmed? :P

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Can't wait to play it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

JUST TAKE MY GODDAMN MONEY ALREADY!

Seriously, the fact that they took an already fantastic game and literally dumped a TON of extra shit into it just psyches me the fuck up! I literally CANNOT wait for this game. I'm expecting Game of the Year at this point. The list of features in this game, the changes that have been made, and even the flow of combat that I've seen in gameplay just looks infinitely better than what was already in the first one.

Survival Arena and NG+ are just icing on this already incredibly large and elaborately decorating cake. If this game doesn't sell well, I will be genuinely pissed at gamers.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By LikeaSsur

@JoeyRavn said:

So, "Survive 100 Waves in the Arena" and "Complete the game on New Game+" Achievements confirmed? :P

It looks like it. I love and hate that idea.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heltom92

Sounds really cool, just got done replaying the first game again to get prepared for 2. Forgot how good it was!

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deusx

I hope there´s enough loot to make NG+ worth the time you´ll spend playing the game again.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By BeachThunder

Not a fan of survival modes, but thankfully, it seems like it's an optional thing this time around D:

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By DeF

@Barrock said:

http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/introducing-darksiders-ii-arena-mode-and-new-game-functionality

Today I would like to officially announce two additions within Darksiders II that will round off our new announcements. Let me introduce you to our Arena Survival Mode along with our New Game+ functionality.
    The game features a combat arena which will provide the ultimate challenge for Darksiders II players. After completing five of the mode’s 100 unique waves, gamers will be given the option of taking a prize or continuing for another five waves for a chance at even better items. However, if they fall in combat they will leave with nothing. Only the most skilled players will have what it takes to best all 100 waves and claim the greatest prizes.
    In addition to this mode, Darksiders II will feature a New Game+ mode which will allow players to carry over their Death for a new game retaining all of their skills and equipment.
    Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing commented: “The Arena Challenge Mode and the New Game+ function are the perfect way to continue building the ultimate Death even after finishing the main game. This upgraded and customized character can then be carried over into the upcoming DLC campaign missions.”

This sounds incredible. Risking your rewards for better loot sounds like it could be addictive.

Funny how they took another inspiration from Zelda with Skyward Sword's Boss Challenge that works the same way :D

Anyway, not being negative. I'm totally hyped for Darksiders II.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By guiseppe

Awesome :D.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By valrog

Does this mean that there will be a lot of items in the game? Darksiders didn't really have that many items, but everything I've read about the sequel would make no sense if they're not adding a ton of items.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@jakob187: They did take my money already!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Wemibelle

@valrog: The game has an entire loot system now. Go and watch the Quick Look EX if you want to see how it works.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mars

I just finished the original Darksiders a few days ago in anticipation of this game. The quick look EX got me completely hyped for Darksiders II and I wanted to be filled in on the story ... which was quite good in my opinion. One of the best games I've played. I cannot wait!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Sackmanjones

I thought it said darkness 2. Whoops. Bye guys

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BBQBram

Maybe I should play Darksiders finally...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.