Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Wow XPLAY took a do-do on this game 2/5??

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DrLove
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DrLove

personally i love the game.  so what that its not as great as god of war, zelda, or portal... how many games are?  Bayanetta was fun, but didnt take ALOT from Devil May Cry??
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88

People have different opinions.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria
    @Binman88 said:
    " People have different opinions. "
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By demonbear

I dont want to defend the game or something, i dont care i havent played it yet but.

Why should we care about the review of some sub reviewer for x-play?

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DrLove
    @animateria said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    "

i know i was simply attempting to start a disscussion about ppl and their different opinions of the game..
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By immike
    @DrLove said:
    " @animateria said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    "
    i know i was simply attempting to start a disscussion about ppl and their different opinions of the game.. "
    The thing is...I don't think this statement can be followed. It's kinda like "People have different opinions" done. End of thread, close up shop, moral of the story, etc.
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrLove
    @immike said:
    " @DrLove said:
    " @animateria said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    "
    i know i was simply attempting to start a disscussion about ppl and their different opinions of the game.. "
    The thing is...I don't think this statement can be followed. It's kinda like "People have different opinions" done. End of thread, close up shop, moral of the story, etc. "

interesting, i guess reviews, and forum posts are pointless because everyone has different opinions "done, end of thread, close up shop". lol 

its all good ppl, just thought some of us with different or the same opiniions would find this review interesting. guess not..
    Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Nitrocore

They gave it a bad score because of it's "originality", and it's " ultimately shallow" combat system, only at the begining of the game did I feel like the combat was a little bit shallow because of the lack of moves available, but that changes pretty early on in the game. I think they might be a little bit too hung up about where it draws it's inspiration from too see it's true potential.  I personaly rate games on their abilty to entertain me. Yes it borrows tons of ideas from other games, but it uses a formula that works.

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DrLove
    @Nitrocore:
    thats what i was thinking the review  lost me here, "it should be noted that Darksiders is by no means a bad game; it simply isn't an original one" that proves how messed up it is. You are not supposed to grade a game just on how ORIGINAL it is, you're supposed to grade a game on how good it is. IMO

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy
    @Nitrocore said:
    " They gave it a bad score because of it's "originality", and it's " ultimately shallow" combat system, only at the begining of the game did I feel like the combat was a little bit shallow because of the lack of moves available, but that changes pretty early on in the game. I think they might be a little bit too hung up about where it draws it's inspiration from too see it's true potential.  I personaly rate games on their abilty to entertain me. Yes it borrows tons of ideas from other games, but it uses a formula that works. "
    But, they're also critics and critics need to look for this kind of stuff. Maybe X-Play feels like they can't give a higher score because the game didn't really earn it's gameplay methods, but borrowed them. Bad analogy - It's kind of like a kid taking his friends science project and just building on it, instead of coming up with something totally new. Although the improved version of his friends project may work better or differently, he would have gotten a higher grade if he had just come up with something else himself.
    tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tastyhouse

The problem is that the review was written by Abbie Heppe.  If you ever listen to her on Feedback you can surmise that she's an idiot  within about 20 seconds of her opening her mouth.  Way too opinionated to give an objective review of anything.  

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB

My only reaction is that I didn't realize that G4 updated their website. Very reminiscent of Gamespot.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGremp

flagged for saying "do-do".  Seriously, watch your mouth.  This is the internet, not one of your crazy parties...  Have some decency.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mariek430

I'll never quite understand why people care about review scores

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Gotta say, the game does look kinda dull to me.

tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tastyhouse
    @Mariek430: Agreed - I'll avoid a game if its critically panned across the board.  One bad review means nothing.  Although I did play rogue warrior simply based on the quick look. 
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By apathylad
    @DrLove: 
    I was pretty surprised when X-play also gave Silent Hill: Shattered Memories a 2 out of 5, which was Giantbomb's Best Wii game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.