Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkstalkers

Franchise »

One of Capcom's most popular franchises, Darkstalkers is a 2D fighting series based on fantasy and myth from Capcom's glory days. Darkstalkers introduced several ideas used in later Capcom fighting games.

I See Suda's Got Taste

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Suda's sequel to No More Heroes features a boss character who wears a Mech suit which is clearly a homage to Hsien-Ko / Lei Lei :) 

No Caption Provided

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

I know I'm derailing here, but I must have watched this trailer about 5 times back to back now and it's all because of one thing: Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker is playable. Holy shit.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " I know I'm derailing here, but I must have watched this trailer about 5 times back to back now and it's all because of one thing: Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker is playable. Holy shit. "
    henry is not as cool without his coat
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " I know I'm derailing here, but I must have watched this trailer about 5 times back to back now and it's all because of one thing: Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker is playable. Holy shit. "
    henry is not as cool without his coat "
    Henry is always cool. It's the faux-Irish in him.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Guys can you stay on topic please, this thread is not about NMH2, If you want to discuss the game do so in the NMH2 forum. This thread is for fans of another game.

@Al3xand3r
    said:

" Already here. "

And on the front page. Take a look at which forum this is in.
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By rjpelonia

As much I love Hsien-Ko, I don't think it's an homage to her at all. Little girls with giant robot arms has always been an... interest that certain people have had. Certain people like Travis Touchdown perhaps.

Not to mention that that boss is a little girl with giant robot arms, and not a zombie girl with giant sleeves for arms.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @RJPelonia said:

" As much I love Hsien-Ko, I don't think it's an homage to her at all. Little girls with giant robot arms has always been an... interest that certain people have had. Certain people like Travis Touchdown perhaps.  Not to mention that that boss is a little girl with giant robot arms, and not a zombie girl with giant sleeves for arms. "

I am referring to the Mech suit she wears, not the young girl herself - the trio of colours used are exactly the same down to the very shade, they've simply been alternated except for the yellow cuffs.  

It's a mech, and besides, it could never look exactly the same for legal reasons. Grasshopper are not in the business of plagiarism, they do however feature a few subtle homages in games, and this is definitely another for me. 

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

For some reason, when I saw the title of of this thread, I thought it would be about Suda's taste in woman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.