Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Dead or Alive 5 is the seventh entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise, introducing a new visual style, new game mechanics, and highly interactive stages.

For a Newcomer to the series..

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I'm not really one of those people who spends large sums of time memorizing moves and such, but I really do want to get into a fun fighting game with a fun story and this looks like it fits the bill..should I purchase or check out any of the other DoAs before purchasing this one?..I tried out MK but got frustrated with the online...as I could never remember all of the moves..Will someone wave their hand and say "This is not the game you are looking for" if I'm not the right fit for it please :o

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mrfluke

id say just hit up a wiki on the storyline of the other doa's it doesnt really rely tooo much on the other games, 
    here you go
    http://www.giantbomb.com/dead-or-alive/62-135/

if you have a 3ds you should check out doa dimensions as that game summarizes the stories of doa 1-4

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mrfluke

but if your looking for an accessible fighting game this is easily the most accessible hardcore fighter out of the bunch

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@mrfluke: Ok, thanks very much for the info ^_^ I'm not much into the whole boob physics thing either..is that much of a factor :P?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

@Still_I_Cry: I was new to the series with Dimensions and dabbled in a little of 4 just before 5 came out and I'd say 5 is the best place to start. It's really approachable and even if you don't always win it's easy to learn and feel like you did alright against people that have played a ton of the older games.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi
    @Still_I_Cry The fanservice is still there but most of the skimpier costumes are all pre order stuff or costumes that you have to do ridiculous challenges to get. So its mostly avoidable if you want.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

if you want to get the full experience, it would be ideal to play through all of the games, since there's little nods throughout the story to previous endings / events. although a read up on the story of the game will probably do just fine.

oh, and the boobs are still gross. more messed up and scary than ever before, actually.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, I'm usually not into fighting games, and this games fighting style just seems interesting to me, but I really couldn't tell you why.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.