Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Dead or Alive 5 is the seventh entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise, introducing a new visual style, new game mechanics, and highly interactive stages.

Story Mode Leaked on Youtube (obviously spoilers)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

Start watching at your own risk

i peeked ahead into other chapters. and you know what i actually like it. it seems ridiculously deliberately stupid and disjointed in a way i can get behind. and they tried to pull off a mortal kombat esque story mode. so good on them. and the voice acting is alright, much better than what they have shown in their trailers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

Hmm... tempted but I'm not going to ruin my experience. Tuesday shall be glorious! =D

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thedj93

i liked mortal kombat's campaign a lot! color me psyched

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

Wait, these things matter in fighting games? I thought I was just about the only person that gave fighting games storylines any importance, and that's probably because I'm not even into fighting games.

Though I'm thinking of changing that.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrfluke

this story mode is trying to make doa the new tekken in the sense that Tekken was used to be known for its ridiculousness but after tekken 6 horrible serious story mode. imo tekken has an identity crisis going on in terms of story.

id like to see doa become the new deliberately ridiculous fighter. hope this game sells well. i like the deliberate ridiculousness in this story mode (basing this off a few chapters that i took a sneek peek at. take a look at kokoro's elliots and brad wongs story chapters and you guys will know what im talking about XD)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Oh, so this is like Mortal Kombat (2011)? Suddenly, my interest is piqued. Don't know if I'll care for it much in the end, though.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrfluke

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh, so this is like Mortal Kombat (2011)? Suddenly, my interest is piqued. Don't know if I'll care for it much in the end, though.

@thedj93 said:

i liked mortal kombat's campaign a lot! color me psyched

its structured like how MK was in that you watch the cutscenes and then it cuts to the fight (except its definitely not as slick as how MK pulled it off) and then once that piece of the characters story is over, then it kicks you back to the menu to select the next chapter of the story.

the ninjas and the people that are related to DOATEC make up the main arc of the story which that stuff seems alright,

but man the story sequences that dont involve any of the ninjas or DOATEC people, seem deliberately stupid XD

its easily has the best story presentation for a japanese fighter (tekken 6 overall story mode was horrible, and blazeblues and persona 4 arena stories were presented horribly) Doa 5 at leasts makes the attempt to do their story mode in the vain of MK,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.