Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

The third title in the Dead or Alive Xtreme series, which was only released in Japan and Asian territories.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Receives Multi-Language Asian Release

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks like each edition of each version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is getting a multi-language release in Asian countries. They will have the Japanese audio with Japanese, Chinese, and English subtitles. I'm not sure whether the English subtitles will be good, but this is certainly an option for anyone interested in the game, since no one knows if there's going to be North American and European releases sometime later. I'm thinking of preordering the PS4 collector's edition.

The multi-language version can be preordered from Play Asia (and probably other retailers). It's set for release in February, at the same time as the Japanese release. I thought this note in the description on Play Asia's website was of interest:

Finally, Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 is a Japanese/Asian Region exclusive, although if a Western release happens, it will be an "adjusted" version. What this actually means though, is highly based on the assumption of censorship; in the meantime, this version is the only sure bet on the original xtreme experience.

I'm not entirely sure what they mean there; it's a little coy, which is weird. As for what could be censored, maybe the newly revealed "wardrobe malfunction" feature? Or maybe some especially revealing outfits?

Play Asia link: http://www.play-asia.com/search/dead+or+alive+xtreme+3+multi+language

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@razzuel: Team Ninja said previously that if a western version does ever happen it may be adjusted for the west. Speculation as to what that means could mean anything. I don't think a western release is needed really. The devoted fans will just buy the Asian or Japanese version.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@demoskinos: It's probably quite small of an audience, but I'm sure there are people that wouldn't know they could (or would rather not) import an English subtitled version of this game, ignoring whether the English ends up being any good or not. I don't see why it would have to be adjusted though; it just feels especially ignorant and unnecessary since Fatal Frame and Xenoblade are still so fresh in my mind.

Well, at least this Asian release is an option though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.