Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

Tips for beating the boss? *spoilers, I guess*

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

So, I just got to the part where that crazy dude with the pitchfork + shotgun says he wants to kill Chuck's little girl, and now I'm fighting him and getting my ass kicked. Does anybody know any good weapons to take him down fast and effective? Any weapon combinations or guns? I used a shotgun and pistol with little effect. I threw a propane tank I found at his feet and hit it with a pistol and that did a little more damage, though not much.

larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By larryrules138

He won't follow you inside the garage, and in the little store area is a bunch of orange juice. I had a couple baseball bats with nails in 'em on me, kept hitting him with that and some sawblades for good measure, and popped inside to down some OJ when my health got low. Probably not the most effective or elegant way of dealing with him but it worked reasonably well.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

Yeah, the tactic I found was to let him shoot twice and then run up and score some damage with the spiked baseball bat.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Vorbis

Sniper Rifle + Face.

RipperSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RipperSU

I emptied a whole assault rifle clip in him and that didn't do too much. However, about 8-10 shotgun shells seemed to finish the job.

Warskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Warskull

Make sure you have 1-2 orange juices before you start the fight.  Shotgun seems to work the best on him, you can pick up 2 from the Hunting Shop (go in via roof) or 1 from the police station (back alley by the pawn shop to get in.)  You'll trade shots a lot, but you'll come out on top.  Go run behind some cars when you need to eat or drink to recover health. 

If you aren't leveled, I can see having trouble, since those 2 extra health bars and increased ranged weapon damage make a difference.  Best way to level is to combine a pitchfork+shotgun and use the alternate attack (hold x, 2500XP) or combine oars+chainsaws (125 XP, hits fairly rapidly) and just go nuts.  You can find an oar if you cross the street outside the safehouse and look around the outside of the very first building you come across as you walk into the town.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jackel2072
    @Vorbis said:
    " Sniper Rifle + Face. "
    this works the best
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Took a Broadsword went up to him, run around him, wait for him to swing, dodge, then I attacked him, then he run, I chased him and did the same thing again. This is (My opinion) the best and easiest way to beat him.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

I used 2 whole assault rifles from range, an orange juice (was tricky to find a spot where he couldn't hit me), and a broad sword (just a few hits).

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By LegalBagel

Come in with a gun of some sort, wait till he goes near an acetylene tank or throw one near him, and then shoot the tank.  It'll race around, blow up, and take out at least 1/3rd his health.  Do that a couple of times and a few spiked bat shots will finish him.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By ReyGitano
    @Vorbis said:
    " Sniper Rifle + Face. "
    This
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By GunstarRed

I went to the police station, got a shotgun from upstairs and then ran up close to him. Waited for him to charge, dodged and then unloaded all the bullets into his face till he died. My first few encounters  with the bat did not go very well at all.
    MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MrMuscle
    @marioncobretti:
    How did you dodge? Just run to the sides? Im really hoping you will say "press something to sidestep" cuz im really struggeling with the dodge thing.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @MrMuscle: There's a certain range that he'll try to hit you with the pitchforks from and when he starts the animation, you just run out of the way. Once you're a safe distance from him, hit him with a good weapon (Bat+Nails for example), and then repeat that until he's dead. 
    At least, that worked for me the one time I got to face him, stupid bugs...
    Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

I went into the fight with an Orange Juice (inside the safehouse, in the store area), a Handgun (From the police station, or occasionally the hands of a zombie cop/soldier), a Spiked Baseball Bat and the Sniper Rifle (On the roof of the safe house - go through the door behind the counter of the Safe Room's store area, and there's a ladder leading up there. The Sniper is pretty much straight ahead). 

Basically, at the start of the fight there is a large pile of scrap/cars just to the right of you. Stay there, and keep circling around it when Jed moves, always staying out of sight. When Jed stands still, slowy walk out of your cover, take a shot with the Sniper, run back into cover, and be ready to circle around that scrap pile again when he starts moving. Wash, rinse, repeat - and if you occasionally mess up a shot and Jed shotguns you, just use the orange juice when you've got one block of health left, it will fully restore your health - and he's done! The rifle starts with 20 ammo, and I think I took Jed out with about 4 or 5 rounds to spare - and that was with me screwing up a few times and missing him.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By WalkerTR77

I run inside to heal with orange juice, the animation is long enough that I got hit quite a lot outside. I recommend a melee weapon, broadsword or spiked bat because guns seem pretty useless in that fight.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

BeerHat + Sword

Horry43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Horry43

First try I thought I'd just Spike Bat him to death and chug an OJ if needed... I forgot how range dominates bosses in Dead Rising (albeit the clown sawsfrom the original.) Guns are certainly superior to melee. Poke in and out of the stacked cars right outside the door to the safehouse and kite him, pop out, shoot, repeat until dead.

PixieNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By PixieNinja
    @Diamond said:
    "I used 2 whole assault rifles from range, an orange juice (was tricky to find a spot where he couldn't hit me), and a broad sword (just a few hits). "

I adopted the same method pretty much. Two assult rifles from the hunting store, an orange juice and a spiked bat. 

Both assault rifles emptied into the guy left him close to death, then all it took was a single swing of the bat. 

Once he starts chasing you? Just climb over cars to gain some distance. He only started to run after me once I'd emptied one of the assault rifles into him.
    Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Vorbis said:
    " Sniper Rifle + Face. "
    Yeah.  You can use the cars for cover to a certain extent.  Although I did run out of ammo when he was just about dead (and so was I) so I ran over to grab the sledge hammer and finished him off that way.  Close fight.  
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fentonalpha
    @Vorbis said:
    " Sniper Rifle + Face. "
    Agreed, combine the bullets with the face.
    Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Roomrunner

Here is one that I haven't seen this thread try, yet it was the most obvious to me.   

He killed me on my first play-through, so I took note of when he appears.  Before I went to give Ketey her shot, I picked up two assault rifles from the army base, and grabbed an OJ.  All I had to do was hide from the guy, and wait for him to forget me and search for Katey.  With his back turned, I hurled a propane tank at him (there are plenty in the junkyard) and shot it.   

You have to have a tank ready for him when he goes into search mode, and the window is short; but if your throw is good, you may even cause him to stumble with the rolling tank, and that will buy you an extra 2-3 second to line up a shot.  It took about 3 tanks and a couple sprays of bullets to take him out.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By matti00

Preparation is key, before you administer the Zombrex, get an assault rifle, a shotgun, a sniper rifle and some OJ and go to town. I tried on my first attempt to do it with some melee weapons and I soon figured out that I didn't like being that close to him.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By fox01313

Found that the sniper rifle & running inside for the juice made it rather easy, then it was just trying to find him outside. There were moments where the sniper rifle was dead on yet failed to hit (guessing it was bounding boxes of cars were too big for the shot to go through), then it's finishing him off with a few shots from the M4/M16.  

Hardest thing is the first time you run into him, I had almost no weapons on me, didn't realize I could go inside the station & skipped the cutscene so when it went from giving her the medicine to boss fight it was very sudden :P.

pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pectoral

I melee'd him and evaded his counterattacks. When I got low I ran into the building and drank orange juice.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#26  Edited By EpicSteve

Chainsaw + rowing oar weapon will kill him in just a few hits.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dany
    @EpicSteve said:
    " Chainsaw + rowing oar weapon will kill him in just a few hits. "
    That is one thing I love about Dead Rising, with the right weapon in hand, taking down a boss is a breeze. I remember in the first game getting the mega buster and the dual chainsaws with the three magazines, best weapon ever.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I made Painkiller and Quickstep drinks last night, loaded up on two shotguns and an assault rifle from the Hunting shop - it was a joke.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Undeadpool

I just beat him with a single spiked baseball bat and an OJ. Run back and forth at range (his shot won't hit you as long as you're moving perpendicular to him) and close in while he's either cocking the gun or isn't looking at you. Get a couple of swings and then running jump away (his melee should miss as long as you're jumping out of his range). Lather rinse repeat. If your OJ gets used up, apparently you can run back in for more, but I just made due with the whiskey bottles scattered around the scrapyard. Also make sure you've got something blocking his shot when you go to use your healing item.

runk3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By runk3n

First time I met him he owned me. But I came back with 3 assult rifles and some OJ, and god he got it good the second time coming! :D

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By I_smell

His shotgun pitchfork thing gives you crazy PP once you've got it.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gav47

I used the sniper rifle thats on top of the gas station.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By 234r2we232

Level up + broadsword + snacks. Done.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By Davvyk

What level did people face jed?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.