Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Escape from the zombie-infested city of Los Perdidos, California in the third installment of Capcom's Dead Rising franchise.

New Dead Rising 3 Gameplay looks stupid. (in a good way!)

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Personally this seems like the most interesting launch title. Technicly it's not quite as impressive as Watch Dogs or KZ:SF but if you can interact with everything in the enviroment like you could in prior DR games it more than makes up for it.

Kinect intergration seems a bit gimmicky though.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Yuh-huh! I'm fucking looking forward to this. :D

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Definitely the next gen launch game I'm looking forward to the most this fall.

I'm not sure if it will hook me quite as much as the previous games with the removal of the time limit in the normal mode, but I'm sure I'll still have a blast for one playthrough at least.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

@godlyawesomeguy said:

Still not silly enough. It is going in the polar opposite direction of where Dead Rising needed to go as adding more of a serious horror tone is just an awful idea. They needed improvements to the very core of the game, not to the aesthetics.

Seriously? You think that slaying zombies in a banana hammock is a "serious horror tone"?

This game looks ANYTHING but serious.

@fearbeard: Honestly, the removal of the time limit is what is making this game more attractive to me. I realize that the past games had its fans, but I just couldn't get over the time limit thing. It sucked the fun out of it for me and this looks to be the Dead Rising game I was waiting for.

Paarthurnax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xyzygy: maybe they can have a time limit story mode and a normal mode. I liked having a time limit just to have more focus on the objectives for the cases, instead of running around like a madman( that's what sandbox mode was for). I hope a ps4 version comes out eventually but I ain't expecting it to.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The colour scheme still looks astonishingly bad to me. So drab

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

I see a lot of people (not here but just online in general) who haven't actually played a lot of Dead Rising 1 and 2, especially considering how they think the "seriousness" of this game wasn't part of the first two games. Unless of course the loss of ones daughter due to your own mistakes is super funny and not at all gritty and serious?

Yeah, they havn't played the games, at all, aside from maybe running around hitting zombies for an hour.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Already posted... I mean, seriously guy? How could you have missed it?

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been an advocate of freedom of gameplay, above everything else. I don't mind losing great styles and lovable characters if they are replaced with more flexible and enjoyable gameplay with more exciting outcomes.

Thus, if I were planning to buy an xbone, this video would've raised my interest in DR3. Evidently that's not the case, but it looks better than what I saw at E3 all the same.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lets give it up for freedom bear!!

He fights to free us all from our damnation...

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I see a lot of people (not here but just online in general) who haven't actually played a lot of Dead Rising 1 and 2, especially considering how they think the "seriousness" of this game wasn't part of the first two games. Unless of course the loss of ones daughter due to your own mistakes is super funny and not at all gritty and serious?

Yeah, they havn't played the games, at all, aside fro maybe running around hitting zombies for an hour.

Agreed. Most of the psychopaths are more tragic than outright evil.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Sorry. I searched for Dead Rising 3 and couldnt find the vid. I should have checked the DR3 boards but I was tired...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm not sure if it will hook me quite as much as the previous games with the removal of the time limit in the normal mode, but I'm sure I'll still have a blast for one playthrough at least.

There's an option to play the game in "Nightmare mode" which essentially plays like the original Dead Rising with the time based missions and they also give you the freedom of playing the game like a sandbox.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JZ

"_____ evolved" no thanks

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By Cirdain

THIS GAME IS BELOW ¡STUPID!

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole thing feels like it'd be better off as its own IP, but Capcom already has too many zombie IPs. Capcom has never been good at "serious" anyway.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon said:

@zeforgotten said:

Yeah, they havn't played the games, at all, aside fro maybe running around hitting zombies for an hour.

;_;7

No Caption Provided

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon said:

@zeforgotten said:

;_;7

No Caption Provided

I felt real bad for Cliff.
    Poor bastard :(

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

@fearbeard said:

There's an option to play the game in "Nightmare mode" which essentially plays like the original Dead Rising with the time based missions and they also give you the freedom of playing the game like a sandbox.

Yeah, I know there is an option there. I'm just waiting to see how it's implemented before getting excited about it. The reason it worked in the previous games is because the entire game was built around that idea. So if the game is designed without the timer, but then they toss in a mode with the timer without properly redesigning the game then it's questionable about how will it will work. I'm anxious to see, but I don't think they are going to pull it off right.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather them fix the broken, atrocious psychopath fights than try to mess with the tone or anything. I still haven't beaten DR2 because of the bosses. Just terrible.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I know there is an option there. I'm just waiting to see how it's implemented before getting excited about it. The reason it worked in the previous games is because the entire game was built around that idea. So if the game is designed without the timer, but then they toss in a mode with the timer without properly redesigning the game then it's questionable about how will it will work. I'm anxious to see, but I don't think they are going to pull it off right.

Well at this point, no one is exactly sure how the gameplay or story fully operates in the new game but from the way they described it, you play the game your way. The only difference being the world being far larger. I would assume that it'd be similar to the way they introduced the sandbox mode in Off the Record.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'll wait for the PS4 version where the fix everything that is wrong with it because it is a launch game

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I'll wait for the PS4 version where the fix everything that is wrong with it because it is a launch game

Microsoft is publishing it. Its not even Capcom publishing it and making it exclusive.

So, no.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Dead Rising was awesome because of how they clash serious and silly moments. Glad they are bringing it for this one.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@nightriff said:

Microsoft is publishing it. Its not even Capcom publishing it and making it exclusive.

So, no.

Well I never thought I would play Mass Effect on the PS3 and here we are, so yeah, if this isn't on PS4 at some point I would be stunned and then go back to not caring about the franchise

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@nightriff said:

So, no.

Well I never thought I would play Mass Effect on the PS3 and here we are, so yeah, if this isn't on PS4 at some point I would be stunned and then go back to not caring about the franchise

The rights transferred over to EA, hence why you saw the original Mass Effect on Playstation 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.