Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Dead Space toys, film, sequel?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187
    http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/10/army-of-two-seq.html
    Variety is reporting that sequels for Army of Two and Battlefield: Bad Company are in the "ideas" phase, while a Dead Space sequel is under construction.

Moreover, they talk about making toys based on the game (which I'll buy every single one of them if they are high quality) and that they are talking to movie studios about a movie...as well as wanting to do novels.

Novels sound pretty bad ass, as if you've looked at the "story" thread on the GB forums alone, you can see that there are plenty of speculations about shit.  As for a movie, though...please...God...no.

EA being EA all over again now.  As long as the stuff is high quality, though...I can't complain.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I hate the world so, so much.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon

Seems like Dead Space is a good candidate for toys, film, and a sequel. Is there some particular reason why you think this should not be done? I assume you're hating this just because it's EA...which no offense, is just lame.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Megalon said:
    "Seems like Dead Space is a good candidate for toys, film, and a sequel. Is there some particular reason why you think this should not be done? I assume you're hating this just because it's EA...which no offense, is just lame."
    I would much rather see them putting triple effort on a new GAME. Have the novelists write brilliant dialogue, have the toy producers think up cool enemies, and have the movie producers shove a cactus up their ass.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb

I couldn't care less about merchandise/etc. with Bad Company, but I'd love for a sequel. And I highly doubt said sequel is only in the "ideas" phase, the ending of Bad Company.... *For those who are as extremely sensitive to spoilers as I am, this is a spoiler alert*

practically screams SEQUEL SEQUEL OMFG SEQUEL THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh-ehm. As for Dead Space, I'll see. Maybe, I'm interested in the game but I want to see how Left 4 Dead is recieved before I make up my mind.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'd like to see an Issac Clarke figure, but the rest sounds pretty ick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.