Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

I'm a scaredy cat for Horror games, But even I wanna play this =)

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm horrible creeped out when I try to play horror games, But even I really wanna play this game, I usually steer clear from horror games lol

is this game that good?

I should be picking it up soon.

Hope everyone whose got it already is enjoying it. =)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

The game is awesome, its definitely worth playing..it has great atmosphere and amazing sound design, combat is great too.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

Dude if you are excited about the game as you sound - get it. Because it's gonna be awesome. Out next week here in the UK. Can't wait!

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zebadee

Yeah I am a real wuss when it comes to horror games, I can't wait to get this game and scare the crap out myself.

Josef_Nastra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Josef_Nastra

I'm gonna get this game too!

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yes, this game is that good. I wrote a good spiel about it in my blog.

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By gunslinger

I've been playing this game for about an hour now...
    And I have been bricking it.
    I'm not used to survival horror games, so whenever I open a door, I have my ol' fauthful plasma cutter out, ready to kill, and I STILL get scared...

If I gave you a hint, do NOT play this game in the dark. That will make it just more scary...

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cyclonus
    Jman522 said:
    "I'm horrible creeped out when I try to play horror games, But even I really wanna play this game, I usually steer clear from horror games lol

is this game that good?

Hope everyone whose got it already is enjoying it. =)"

Just played through the first chapter and half of the second one, loving it so far. The combat is so much fun, I doubt you'll have time to get scared-- the weapons are really fun to use. I usually don't get scared or startled even from cheap jump scares in games, but space games are a bit different and usually get me pretty good; see System Shock 1 and 2 and Aliens vs Predator 1 and 2.. but I have no problems at all progressing in this game. It's so much fun to play.

Did you get the game yet btw? I just noticed the thread was over a week old. Hehe.

Also, what a great game. Hehe did I mentioned how fun it is? Still not happy about the camera (mentioned this in a random thread earlier), but it doesn't detract anywhere as much as it's done for me in Far Cry 2. PC versions of both these.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I totally agree. I'm pretty easily frightened when it comes to games, but some times you just gotta play the game anyway. Like Resident Evil 4, for instance, which for the most part ended up being not nearly as scary as the Resident Evil remake, but man, I'd say it's one of the best games ever made. After reading Giant Bomb's review, I've decided I totally must play Dead Space.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zitosilva
    Cyclonus said:
    "Jman522 said:
    "I'm horrible creeped out when I try to play horror games, But even I really wanna play this game, I usually steer clear from horror games lol

is this game that good?

Just played through the first chapter and half of the second one, loving it so far. The combat is so much fun, I doubt you'll have time to get scared-- the weapons are really fun to use. I usually don't get scared or startled even from cheap jump scares in games, but space games are a bit different and usually get me pretty good; see System Shock 1 and 2 and Aliens vs Predator 1 and 2.. but I have no problems at all progressing in this game. It's so much fun to play.

Did you get the game yet btw? I just noticed the thread was over a week old. Hehe.

Also, what a great game. Hehe did I mentioned how fun it is? Still not happy about the camera (mentioned this in a random thread earlier), but it doesn't detract anywhere as much as it's done for me in Far Cry 2. PC versions of both these.

"
    I was a little distracted with the camera as well, but you should get used to it very soon. I remember I felt the same thing as I started playing RE4 and half an hour later I couldn't remember how I had lived without it.

But man, this game is scary! It's mostly tension all the time, enough to keep you on your toes. To anyone who's playing it, play it with the sound very very high! I played the begining without turning on my Home Theater, and what a difference it makes! Hearing "something" (I truly still don't know what it is) banging on the ship's hull as you walk, feeling it walking around you... I'm loving this game!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclonus said:
    "Jman522 said:

is this game that good?

"
    I havent got the game yet, I use gamefly and its pretty low on availability at the moment =/

But i'll def be picking it up ASAP, right now just checking out farcry 2 and then fallout 3 hopefully they'll have deadspace back in stock by then. =)
    Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stevokenevo

i remeber playing FEAR for the first time in the complete dark with a 5.1 sound system and after having no sleep for 28 hours.  I only made it about an hour or two in  :-)  

deadspace looks seriously good, and along with the review, as soon as i upgrade my pc im gonna get it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm a HUGE fan of horror games and I'm starting to considering putting this on my x-mas list. It's been getting immense praise among the gaming community and that of course says something. But what with the economy I don't want my parents spending too much, so I'll see how things go.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate

I picked this up yesterday (at last)

And it is by far one of the best games ive played this gen - let alone this year.

Its so damn polished its unbelievable, only on chapter 3 but im loving it - evrerybody should pick this game up!
    Sgt_T1bbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sgt_T1bbs

ive been playin this game ONLY at like 2 in the morning with all the lights out and it can really get in your head man, its very atmospheric and really draws you in. the gameplay is simply amazing tho and this an absolute must-buy if you ask me.

the pacing is also very nice as there isnt too much combat or exploring. its made so you never know quite when the next enemy is gonna pop up and really keeps you on edge

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cyclonus
    Sgt_T1bbs said:
    "the pacing is also very nice as there isnt too much combat or exploring. its made so you never know quite when the next enemy is gonna pop up and really keeps you on edge"

yeah, it's definitely paced really really well. awesome game
    alltoohuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alltoohuman

im not normally a brave person but i personally have never been effected by horror games. its kind of strange. anyway ya its a great game even though i didnt find it all that scary its dang fun.

Sgt_T1bbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sgt_T1bbs

it may just be something about the setting and what not that gets me because a lot of ppl say RE4 was really freaky but that had absolutely no effect on me at all.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By AaronBelfast

I'm in the same boat, although the game looks good enough for me to go through a long session with a solid object running down my leg.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pibo47

The only problem with this game. Its just not scary. I didnt get the "spooks" once...in the entire play through. It was fun tho

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cyclonus
    zitosilva said:
    I was a little distracted with the camera as well, but you should get used to it very soon. I remember I felt the same thing as I started playing RE4 and half an hour later I couldn't remember how I had lived without it.

But man, this game is scary! It's mostly tension all the time, enough to keep you on your toes. To anyone who's playing it, play it with the sound very very high! I played the begining without turning on my Home Theater, and what a difference it makes! Hearing "something" (I truly still don't know what it is) banging on the ship's hull as you walk, feeling it walking around you... I'm loving this game!"

A little slow on the reply. Didn't see this post before now. Hehe. Actually, you know, I was getting used to the camera at that point.. but then I got to chapter 3 and that first part with all the small corridors and twists and turns completely fucked me up about the camera again. That labyrinth part definitely was not made for the camera. The second chapter worked really well, but the beginning to chapter 3. Damn it.

Just installed some vista and crap here, so haven't been able to get back into the game again yet. Or, I'm about to install the game again-- which is why I was checking back here. Heh.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead

After the first chapter, I haven't found this game scary at all. Everything is too cliche and played out. Like there's never any snese of dread and fear because of the reliance on jump scares, meaning after a few minutes you become desensitised and, for me anyway, bored.

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Ross

Dude I never touch horror games but my friends talked about this so much that I got it and I am not sorry.

Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Carlos

I hope he got it, its a great game, im on chapter 4 ~_~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sadly everyone I still have not got the game yet =(

SOON!! soon I will have it in my grasp and I will play it and I will crap in my pants just because of the fact that its a scary game lol

drik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By drik

It`s a good game yeah but didn`t quite give me the creeps. I mean ok the first necro jumps bam! killed it phew. Second one, ok a lil` scary... but after a while you start to see them coming... Kinda got immune to horror games... played Undying a lot few years back.. that made me crap my pants.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Attention Everyone!!!

I FINALLY! got the game and its AMAZING!!!! not quite as scary as i thought it would be but that's no biggie the game itself is fun and the controls on the ps3 version that I'm playing are sooo smooth I love it =D

Stomping in the game is gruesome! =X

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.