Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Impossile playthough, its becoming impossible for me.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Gregomasta

I've been repeatedly getting cheated to shit on the final boss on impossible mode.  The problem is this, when I'm grabbed by my foot and have to destroy two of the last bubbles/pimples on the monster's....face(?) sometimes the monster will continue to just eat me even if I blow up both of the last two bubbles.  It's happening regularly, in fact it happens 30% percent of the time, sometimes twice in a row, what-the-fuck.  It's seriously killing me on the inside, anyone else have problems similar to this?   Solutions?  Gun to my mouth?

TaintedSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TaintedSun

Are you claiming that you're copy of the game is bugged... like the code is actually different and you're the only one experiencing it? Nah, you're definitely doing something wrong. Regardless, I don't see the problem, that's the hardest part of the boss. If after a few tries you do shoot out both the bulbs and he drops you back down, you should pretty much have it.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gregomasta
    TaintedSun said:
    "Are you claiming that you're copy of the game is bugged... like the code is actually different and you're the only one experiencing it? Nah, you're definitely doing something wrong. Regardless, I don't see the problem, that's the hardest part of the boss. If after a few tries you do shoot out both the bulbs and he drops you back down, you should pretty much have it."
    I've beaten the end boss before and I know exactly what is supposed to happened at those parts.  I'm not making a claim that my copy alone is different from every other copy out there, I'm also surprised no one else has this problem.  Theirs about 3-4 levels of closeness the end boss pulls you to when you're hanging ,I think you have up till the death cut scene to blow up the bubbles.  I've blown up the bubbles at the second level of closeness and still have the boss continue pulling me closer eventually triggering the death cut scene with the boss subsequently eating me, and I've blown up the last bubble at the last possible moment when I'm just about to get eaten and have that trigger the correct response of him throwing me back to the ground.  The inconsistency would have to be a bug in my opinion, not something I'm doing wrong.  I refuse to start a new impossible so I guess I'm struck on this one.  By the way, the hardest part on impossible mode is not that part, its dodging/shooting back those explosive balls hes shooting at you, while dodging his flailing tentacles.

P.S. Yeah I still haven't beaten my impossible playthough.
    OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Really? I saw no difference in difficulty for the Hive Mind on Impossible than on my Medium playthrough. I actually beat it on my first try with just an upgraded plasma cutter. Try using the pulse rifle and just spraying; it might give you more chances if you miss.

Enyeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Enyeez

just shoot them all, until they are all bleeding, then shoot them again, the last two remaining when the Hivemind picks you up will be low on health and wont need alot of shots, as for the bug, I dont know.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shadow
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Shadow said:
    "

Last week, I completed that difficulty with only the plasma cutter.  That last boss was really easy for me.  I did it with minimal effort on the first try.

"
     That is because Plasma Cutter is the best weapon in Dead Space specially if you upgrade its damage and reload .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.