Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DeathSpank

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 13, 2010

A comedic action-RPG developed by Hothead Games, and headed by Ron Gilbert of Monkey Island fame.

Purchasing choice

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Helimocopter

So i've been thinking about getting some microsoft points to purchase an XBLA game, but im torn between this game and castle crashers
    at this point the only reason i would buy castle crashers would be for my friend because he owns the game, but i dont love the feel the gameplay, or the way it handles character progression
    i like the way deathspank played in the demo, but lately i've been wondering about the length and the replay value, though i feel like i still might be willing to play deathspank again after i buy it, just for fun, 

so what i think i am asking, is there any huge reason to buy castle crashers, or any huge reason not to buy deathspank?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

its 8 hours and you can get all the achievements in one run. 

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Crono11

If you have friends you own Castle Crashers and are willing to play it then I'd get that. 

I really liked Deathspank though and feel like it would be a worthy purchase too. So really multiplayer is the deciding factor.  

If multiplayer means nothing to you then Deathspank.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

If you don't like how Castle Crashers feels and it's level progression, then there is no reason to get the game.

Death Spank can last 8 hours.  If you try to do everything and are not in a rush, you can definitely surpass the 8 hours.  If you only stick the main campaign and rush through everything, the game will last 5 hours at most.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Andorski said:
    " If you don't like how Castle Crashers feels and it's level progression, then there is no reason to get the game.  Death Spank can last 8 hours.  If you try to do everything and are not in a rush, you can definitely surpass the 8 hours.  If you only stick the main campaign and rush through everything, the game will last 5 hours at most. "
    I did everything and got all trophies in 8 hours. 
    T00MuchSteeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By T00MuchSteeze

And despite how short Deathspank was it's still worth it. Plus there is still hope of DLC which would be awesome. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @T00MuchSteeze said:
    " And despite how short Deathspank was it's still worth it. Plus there is still hope of DLC which would be awesome.  "
    Again I know I sound like a broken record. I do not think its worth 15 bucks. 
    T00MuchSteeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By T00MuchSteeze
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @T00MuchSteeze said:
    " And despite how short Deathspank was it's still worth it. Plus there is still hope of DLC which would be awesome.  "
    Again I know I sound like a broken record. I do not think its worth 15 bucks.  "
    Yeah, 800 points would have been much better. I still think one day i might play though again though. I didn't even use all the different attacks. Also yeah, deff the easiest S-rank I ever got. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @T00MuchSteeze said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @T00MuchSteeze said:
    Again I know I sound like a broken record. I do not think its worth 15 bucks.  "
    Yeah, 800 points would have been much better. I still think one day i might play though again though. I didn't even use all the different attacks. Also yeah, deff the easiest S-rank I ever got.  "
    What really makes me mad. Is that is right in the info says " 15 hours of gameplay" I feel that is close to false advertisement. 
    T00MuchSteeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By T00MuchSteeze
    @The_Laughing_Man: No chance it had 15 hours. I did absolutely everything in that game and it felt like i could have beat it in like 8 or less. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @T00MuchSteeze said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: No chance it had 15 hours. I did absolutely everything in that game and it felt like i could have beat it in like 8 or less.  "
    I wrote EA an email stating I am not happy. And they said game length it related to gameplay mechanics.....
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By sjschmidt93

How is DeathSpank short? It's 15 bucks and about 8 hours. Some $60 games aren't that long.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " How is DeathSpank short? It's 15 bucks and about 8 hours. Some $60 games aren't that long. "
    Cause we where told over and over its a 15 hour game. It also has no replay value because you can get all achivments in one run. 
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " How is DeathSpank short? It's 15 bucks and about 8 hours. Some $60 games aren't that long. "
    Cause we where told over and over its a 15 hour game. It also has no replay value because you can get all achivments in one run.  "
    So it's not short, it's short based on expectations? Gotcha.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    Cause we where told over and over its a 15 hour game. It also has no replay value because you can get all achivments in one run.  "
    So it's not short, it's short based on expectations? Gotcha. "
    I think its short for a DL game for 15 bucks. 10 would have been a perfect charge for this. 
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    I think its short for a DL game for 15 bucks. 10 would have been a perfect charge for this.  "
     Eh, I think it's got a lot of content for it's price, honestly. I'd be scared to see what you'd think of a game like God of War 3 or Alan Wake, which is 8-10 and 60 bucks.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    I think its short for a DL game for 15 bucks. 10 would have been a perfect charge for this.  "
     Eh, I think it's got a lot of content for it's price, honestly. I'd be scared to see what you'd think of a game like God of War 3 or Alan Wake, which is 8-10 and 60 bucks. "
    GOW had amazing graphics. Alan wake had a great atmosphere. 
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
     Eh, I think it's got a lot of content for it's price, honestly. I'd be scared to see what you'd think of a game like God of War 3 or Alan Wake, which is 8-10 and 60 bucks. "
    GOW had amazing graphics. Alan wake had a great atmosphere.  "
    See, that has nothing to do with length whatsoever.

You just thought DeathSpank was bad?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    GOW had amazing graphics. Alan wake had a great atmosphere.  "
    See, that has nothing to do with length whatsoever.  You just thought DeathSpank was bad? "
    Never said that.  

I just feel lied. In the quicklook EX. And the game info its stated "15 hours "clearly. THAT is what makes me mad. 
    thereaper2950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By thereaper2950

Buy it for sure because the game is very kickass!!!!

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    Thats what she said!

So is it worth it to put pants on, drive to the store, get a points card, come back, and spend 1200 space bucks on it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.