Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Age of Triumph - Final Update After Stream #3 3/23

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Hestilllives19

Age of Triumph is the last Destiny 1 content that we will be getting. They announced it last Friday morning and that there will be a stream this Wednesday to talk about it. Today they released the Trailer shown above. In it, you will notice, as many have long suspected, it will be re-releasing Vault of Glass (Fatebringer shown) and likely both Crota's End and King's Fall (possibly even Skolas Taken Spring's Prison of Elders) to current light levels. It includes the largest (13 pages) record book yet in Destiny with both Class specific Questlines and one called Doom of Oryx (hint at King's Fall being re-released).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twitch Stream #1

RELEASE DATE 28TH OF MARCH

• ALL RAIDS TO BE BROUGHT UP TO CURRENT / HIGHEST LIGHT LEVEL (390)
    • AGE OF TRIUMP BOOK
      • BOOK HAS RANKS - STARTS AT 1 FOR EVERYONE
      • 13 PAGES IN THE BOOK TO CELEBRATE EVERY TYPE OF DESTINY PLAYER
      • FROM DAY 1 OF AGE OF TRIUMPH THE 'COMMEMORATION' PAGE WILL AUTO FILL IN / STORY PAGE WILL ALSO AUTO FILL IN
      • A LOT OF PAGES HAVE 'COMPLETE THE PAGE' WITH 7 TO COMPLETE AND THE 8th WILL BE A MILESTONE HOLDING A REWARD
      • CLASS SPECIFIC PAGES FOR EACH OF THE 3 CLASSES
        • CLASS SPECIFIC PAGES SHARE THE SAME MILESTONES - 250 MELEE KILLS, FINISHED CRUCIBLE QUESTS, SUPER KILLS - EMBLEM REWARDED FOR COMPLETED EACH PAGE FOR CLASSES
      • STRIKE SPECIFIC PAGE
      • CRUCIBLE SPECIFIC PAGE - NEED TO BE DONE AFTER LAUNCH
        • FIND ALL GHOSTS IN CRUCIBLE MAPS (CAN BE DONE IN PRIVATE MATCHES)
      • RAID SPECIFIC PAGE
        • VAULT OF GLASS CONFIRMED TO BE 390 LIGHT LEVEL
        • KINGS FALL UP TO 390
        • 4 NEW CHALLENGE MODES FOR THE RAIDS (LOOKS LIKE 2 FOR VAULT, AND 2 FOR CROTA'S END)
      • COLLECTIONS PAGE
        • COLLECTIONS PAGE INCLUDES COLLECTING ALL SHADERS, SHIPS, GHOSTS BUT THERE ARE MORE IN GAME THAN NEEDED TO COLLECT TO COMPLETE, SO NOT ALL IS LOST
      • FACTIONS PAGES - EACH FACTION TO RANK 25 TO COMPLETE
      • TRIALS OF OSIRIS PAGE
        • IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO THE LIGHTHOUSE THE NODE WILL COMPLETE AUTOMATICALLY
        • TRIALS PAGE - WRECKING BALL MEDAL NODE, SPECIAL WEAPON KILL NODE, REVIVES NODE
        • ONLY 6 MILESTONES REQUIRED TO FINISH TRIALS PAGE FOR REWARD
      • 6 REWARDS FROM HITTING RANK 7 IN THE BOOK - REWARDS AT RANK 2/3/4/5/6/7
      • RANK 2 EMBLEM - TRAVELERS ECLIPSE
      • ALL REWARDS ARE EMBLEMS - EXCEPT RANK 7 WHICH IS A SPECIAL OFFER FROM BUNGIE.NET: T-SHIRT OFFER
      • T SHIRT TO BE PURCHASED AT A "REASONABLE PRICE"
      • SHIRT IS BLUE WITH AGE OF TRIUMPH CREST INCLUDING YOUR GAMERTAG OR PERSONAL NOTE - JUST LIKE Y2 MOMENTS OF TRIUMPH
    • LIGHT LEVEL IS NOT BEING RAISED, STAYS AT 400
    • 400 LIGHT LEVEL VEX MYTHOCLAST CONFIRMED
    • ELEMENTAL PRIMARIES CONFIRMED
      • VEX MYTHOCLAST WAS MENTIONED AS ELEMENTAL AND DEEJ COMMENTED HOW THIS WILL EFFECT THE SANDBOX AND WILL BE DISCUSSED IN A LATER STREAM (TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY)- PLEASE NOTE, ELEMENTS MAY ONLY EFFECT EXOTIC PRIMARIES IN VEX/NECHROCHASM. LEGENDARY ELEMENTS NOT MENTIONED EITHER WAY
      • 3RD AND FINAL STREAM (TWO WEEKS AWAY) WILL BE ABOUT HOW ELEMENTAL PRIMARIES WILL EFFECT THE SANDBOX AND ALL OF THE NEW WEAPONS/ARMOR/SHIPS/SPARROWS/ETC
    • UPDATED DIRECTOR (BOTTOM LEFT WHERE WEEKLIES ARE FOUND) TO BE DISCUSSED NEXT WEEK
    • WEEKLY FEATURED RAID NODE OR RAID OF THE WEEK
      • TEMPLAR CHALLENGE / ATHEON CHALLENGE CONFIRMED
      • ALL CHALLENGE MODES WILL BE ACTIVE DURING 'RAID OF THE WEEK'
      • CHALLENGE MODES UNLOCK 'AGE OF TRIUMPH' ORNAMENT
      • UNIQUE AND NEW REWARDS FROM OLD RAIDS
      • NEW RAID SPARROWS AND GHOSTS MENTIONED, SPARROW ADDED TO WRATH OF THE MACHINE CONFIRMED
      • NEW VAULT OF GLASS ARMOUR CONFIRMED. ONLY HELMET MENTIONED WITH 2 ORNAMENT NODES
      • NEW ARMOUR WILL DROP AT UP TO 400LL REWARDS
      • NEW RAIDS TO BE MORE REWARDING THAN BEFORE
      • WEEK 1 OF AGE OF TRIUMPH WILL BE CROTAS END - RAIDS UNLOCK WEEKLY THEREAFTER AT 390 LIGHT (WEEK 2 IS VOG, WEEK 3 IS KF, AND WEEK 4 IS WOTM)
      • CAN STILL PLAY RAIDS IN 'HARD MODE 390' EVEN WHEN THEY AREN'T THE WEEKLY FEATURED RAID AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASED
      • CROTA HAS BEEN REBUILT, STATED THAT WE WILL NOW BE OVERLEVELED IF WE ARE 400 (HINT AT NO MORE DELTA SCALING?)
      • VOG PREVIEW - VEX COMING OUT AT LEVEL 42, JUST LIKE ENEMIES IN WRATH OF THE MACHINE
      • CONFIRMED NO TAKEN OR SIVAFIED UPDATES TO RAIDS
      • VOG CONFIRMED TO HAVE HAD CHANGES TO INCREASE ENJOYMENT / IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE, LIKE REDUCED TIME AT CONFLUXES/ORACLES, AND SOME FORM OF FORCED SPAWN INTO TEMPLAR AREA (NO ICEBREAKER CHEESE ANYMORE)
      • CROTAS END HAS HAD 'ESSENTIAL FIXES'
      • EVEN NORMAL MODE WILL CHANGE IN CERTAIN WAYS
    • VETERAN RAIDERS WILL EXPERIENCE NEW THINGS AND DISCOVERIES
    • PATCH NOTES WILL NOT REVEAL ALL CHANGES IN THE RAIDS
    • EVERY RAID WILL HAVE NEW ARMOUR SETS AND ORNAMENTS
    • WRATH OF THE MACHINE ARMOUR WILL ALSO HAVE AN EXTRA ORNAMENT NODE

Most of this information was pulled from a Reddit post by Rise of Bacon in the Reddit Age of Triumphs Reveal Megathread. Though it was edited by me to add some of the things I noticed while watching the stream as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127287984

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twitch Stream #2

• THE SPEAKER WILL GIVE THE AGE OF TRIUMPH QUEST THAT IS A 12 STEP PROCESS.
    • SHAXX NOW KEEPS TWO WEEKLY MOUNTAINTOP BOUNTIES THAT CAN BE COMPLETED IN PVP EACH WEEK IN TWO DIFFERENT WEEKLY PLAYLISTS (ALWAYS 6V6 ACCORDING TO A BUNGIE EMPLOYEE ON REDDIT).
    • TREASURE OF AGES - CONTAIN ALL PREVIOUSLY RELEASED LIVE EVENT ITEMS PLUS A NEW POSSIBLE ARMOR SET
      • MAY OBTAIN 3 PER WEEK: 1ST DAILY STORY, 1ST HEROIC STRIKE, AND 1ST WEEKLY CRUCIBLE
      • NEW ORNAMENTS SHOW FOR VEX MYTHOCLAST, NECROCASM, NO LAND BEYOND, SUROS REGIME, TOUCH OF MALICE, DRAGON'S BREATH, AND LORD OF WOLVES.
    • SILVER DUST KIOSK UPDATED - NOW MAY PURCHASE ALL AVAILABLE PREVIOUS LIVE ITEMS FOR SILVER DUST
      • ALL TREASURE OF AGES ITEMS BREAK DOWN INTO SILVER DUST WHEN DISMANTLED
    • NEW WEEKLY EVENT SIDEBAR IN THE ORBIT MENU
      • CONTAINS WEEKLY RAID (390), NIGHTFALL (380), STRIKES (350), STORY (380, NOT SURE WHY ITS HIGHER THAN STRIKES, KINDA ODD), CRUCIBLE, AND PRISON OF ELDERS (390).
      • NIGHTFALL REWARDS BACK TO Y1 STANDARDS IN THAT BLUE FLAMES ARE BACK, AS ARE 25% REPUTATION BOOSTS.
      • DAILY STORY IS NO LONGER DAILY, BUT RATHER CAN BE COMPLETED 5 TIMES PER WEEK AT ANY TIME FOR 20 MARKS. THEY NOW ALSO ROTATE BY 2 PLAYLISTS (MARS/VENUS WERE SHOWN, EARTH/MOON WERE SAID TO BE WEEK 1, AND RISE OF IRON/TAKEN KING ON WEEK 3) AND ARE RANDOM WITHIN THAT PLAYLIST. THEY ALSO NOW INCLUDE A POSSIBLE 2 MODIFIERS PER WEEK SIMILAR TO STRIKES, NIGHTFALLS, AND PRISON OF ELDERS.
      • PRISON OF ELDERS IS THE TAKEN SPRING VERSION WITH THE ELDER SIGIL FROM VARIKS REQUIREMENTS AND LOOT REWARDS. ALSO GRANTS 3X10 MARKS AND 1 LEGENDARY ENGRAM ON 1ST COMPLETION.
      • NEW MODIFIER ADDED CALLED DAYBREAK. BASICALLY IT IS MAYHEM FROM PVP FOR STRIKES, OR SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED RECHARGE RATES OF SUPER/GRENADES/MELEE'S. IT LOOKS LIKE A TON OF FUN. STARTING JULY 18TH AND THE FOLLOWING 6 WEEKS WILL HAVE DAYBREAK ACTIVE IN EVERY PLAYLIST. MYSTERIOUSLY THIS LEADS DIRECTLY UP TO AUGUST 28TH. POSSIBLE HINT AT THE LAUNCH OF DESTINY 2...
      • THE WEEKLY CRUCIBLE PLAYLIST WILL ALWAYS BE A NON-STANDARD MODE, LIKE ZONE CONTROL, MAYHEM, DOUBLES, ETC (ACCORDING TO BUNGIE EMPLOYEE CORRECTIONS ON REDDIT).
    • TWILIGHT GARRISON WAS SHOWN EQUIPPED WITH A SHADER ACTIVE ON IT (FOR ANYONE THAT CARES ABOUT SUCH THINGS).

So that is it for the news from Stream 2. I highlighted the only two major takaways from today, possible hint at a Destiny 2 date (Reddit is guessing September 5th or 12th right now with a 1 or 2 week break after this and before Destiny 2, though this is wild speculation at this point) and the return of Nightfall rep boost and Blue Flames for completion. Daybreak Strikes seems kind of fun as well, but nothing much else from todays stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128866853

Twitch Stream #3

A few things of note from the trailer. At 14 seconds we see an Oversoul Edict clearly shooting Arc damage. More intriguing, we see an Anguish of Drystan at 16 seconds shooting Arc damage as well. A Doom of Chelchis also appears to be firing Void damage, but it's hard to tell. At 22 seconds we see a crazy looking Sniper Rifle. After much debate and slow motion replaying it has been determined that this is in fact an insane looking Ornament for none other than No Land Beyond. At 23 seconds we see a Hand Cannon that looks similar to Fatebringer, but Silver instead of Gold... Raid Weapon Ornaments? A Silver Vex Mythoclast shooting Solar damage at 23 seconds, a Tiger Stripped Dragons Breath at 28 seconds (what appears to also be a Black/Yellow Suros at 27 seconds falling to the ground and on that Titan before he dies), and some really cool looking new Ornaments for the returning Raid Armors on 6 different Guardians shown throughout the Trailer at 36 seconds.

STREAM 3 INFO

• EACH CLASS HAS A NEW ARMOR SET WITH ORNAMENTS SHOWN OFF FOR EACH OF THE 4 RAIDS, PLUS 1 AGE OF TRIUMPH SET. THEY SPENT MOST OF THE STREAM SHOWING THESE OFF.
    • ALL RAID PRIMARIES HAVE RETURNED WITH AS ADEPT AND NON ADEPT VERSIONS. THE ADEPT VERSIONS ARE EXOTICS WITH ELEMENTAL DAMAGE AND CHANGED VISUALS. SO TO CLARIFY, THERE WILL BE NO NON-EXOTIC ELEMENTAL PRIMARIES. BUT ALL RAID PRIMARIES CAN NOW BECOME ELEMENTAL EXOTICS. FOR CLARIFICATION, THIS ALSO INCLUDES KINGS FALL AND WRATH OF THE MACHINE WEAPONS NOW. THE ADEPT PRIMARIES ONLY DROP FROM THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE MODES.
    • ARMOR ORNAMENTS FOR RAID ARMOR DROP FROM EACH CHALLENGE MODE COMPLETION, BUT THE "TOKEN" OBTAINED CAN BE USED TO PURCHASE AN ORNAMENT FOR ANY RAID ARMOR, NO MATTER WHERE IT WAS OBTAINED.
    • BLACK HAMMER IS NOT RETURNING, BLACK SPINDLE WILL BE IN ITS PLACE, OR SO IT SEEMS FROM THEIR MENTION OF THE SITUATION.
    • VEX MYTHOCLAST IS A DROP, BUT NECROCASM IS RETURNING AS A COMPLETABLE QUEST, SUPPOSEDLY SIMILAR BUT STREAMLINED FROM THE ORIGINAL. NO WORD ON IF YOU NEED A NEW CRUX OR AN OLD ONE WILL WORK. ALL THAT WAS SAID IS TO NOT DISMANTLE THEM YET. NECROCASM HAS ALSO BEEN UPDATED TO PROC THE THRALL EXPLOSION ON KILL RATHER THAN A % CHANCE.
    • ASSAULT RIFLES ARE GETTING A BUFF TO RANGE FALLOFF AND HAND CANNONS ARE GETTING A REDUCTION TO RANGE BY 3M.
    • NLB GETTING ADDED FLINCH TO MATCH ALL OTHER SNIPER RIFLES.
    • SIDEARMS CHANGED TO ONLY RESPAWN WITH 1 MAG OF AMMO.
    • SPECIAL AMMO CRATES AUTOMATICALLY RELOAD AMMO AND IT APPEARED THAT SPECIAL AMMO DROPS FROM KILLED ENEMIES SIMILAR TO PRIMARY AMMO. THAT WAS NOT MENTIONED THOUGH, IT JUST HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES ON STREAM.
    • ONLY KILLS ACTIVATE SKORRI FOR 1 MIN.
    • THEY MENTIONED THE HEALTH SCREW-UP IN THE LAST PATCH AND MENTIONED THAT MANY OF THOSE WOULD BE ROLLED BACK ENTIRELY, WHILE SOME WOULD STAY, BUT BE BUFFED SIGNIFICANTLY FROM THEIR CURRENT PLACE, SUCH AS RED DEATH. THAT INFORMATION WILL BE DROPPED IN DETAIL WITH A BLOG UPDATE ALONG WITH THE PATCH NOTES ON TUESDAY.
    • VENDOR GEAR IS NOT ONLY GETTING A RESET FOR AGE OF TRIUMPH, BUT THE ROLLS ON ARMOR AND WEAPONS WILL BE RE-ROLLED ON A WEEKLY BASIS NOW. MAKING CHECKING THE WEEKLY VENDORS ROLLS A PRIORITY. THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY GREAT THING FOR THE SITUATION WE HAVE BEEN IN WITH REGARDS TO BAD LEGENDARY DROPS.
    • A LOT OF OTHER MINOR CHANGES SUCH AS A BUFF TO ASTROCYTE VERSE AND BLINK WILL BE IN THE PATCH NOTES ON TUESDAY.

Rise of Bacons album of screenshots of the Armors shows off yesterday.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/130520627

Another major announcement was made with this, and that is Destiny 1 is going to be a self contained adventure. They iterated that nothing will carry over to Destiny 2 this Fall, not even Eververse purchases.

"But first, we want to answer some important questions you’ve been asking about Destiny’s first full sequel.

Sequels represent the start of a new adventure for every player, with new worlds to explore, new stories to tell, new powers to acquire, new loot to earn, and much more. This led us to a decision that would enable us to serve both the game and the player’s best interests: Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.

We believe this is the best path forward. It allows us to introduce the major advancements and improvements that all of us expect from a sequel, ensuring it will be the best game we can create, unencumbered by the past. We’re looking forward to sharing more details with you later this year for how we will honor your legacy in the future."

-TWAB Mar 3

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TLDR: It launches March 28th at Noon CST, 10am PST. Vault of Glass, Crota's End, King's Fall, and Prison of Elders have all been brought up to 390 Light Level Activities. They are introducing a new game modifier called Daybreak which turns Strikes into Mayhem from PvP. The Blue Flame and 25% XP boost has returned to the Nightfall from Y1. Elemental Primaries are returning to Destiny in the form of Adept Raid Weapons (16 of them) from all 4 Raids, that are only obtainable from the Challenge Modes of each Raid. They are Exotic Weapon versions of their other Raid Weapon counterparts and thus use an Exotic Weapon Slot. The Armor Sets for each of the 4 Raids now have Ornaments that drastically change the look of the Armor, many look very nice. Tower Vendor Gear will now be on a Weekly Rotation rather than only being updated once every 6 months with the drop of a new DLC. Oh and lastly, there is this 13 page Age of Triump Record Book, finish 75% of it and Bungie will let you buy a T-Shirt from them that has your gamertag on it...

Jabronium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I mean... I'll pass. With gear not carrying over to D2, it's not worth spending the time grinding this stuff out--for me. There are too many other amazing games out that I'd rather sink time into over the next 6 months. I'll keep tabs on things but don't plan on coming back until the sequel hits.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nasher27

If this allows them to completely rebuild the game like most people are hoping for, then I'm all for it. As for the "new content" I've never done one of the raids as I've felt like the barrier to entry is too high and people would get angry if you don't know them like the back of your hand, and I'll probably pass on this.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nasher27: You can actually find some really cool people who are more then willing to help out new people with raids. I jumped into a few of them not really knowing what to do fairly late, just be upfront and tell them, then they know they are going to have to spend some time telling you what to do and they will be cool about it. So long as only one or two people are new, a good group can basically carry you through a raid while explaining what you need to be doing. That's not to say there aren't people out there just looking to get a raid done as fast as they can for the loot, they might not be too happy about you "wasting there time", but those people are assholes anyway and you probably don't want to play with them anyhow.

which reminds me i still have not done the Rise of Iron raid fully yet.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depending on how much bigger the scope of Destiny 2 is, I wouldn't mind jumping back in. Destiny is still probably my favourite shooter of the past few years, everything about how it played and controlled just felt right (except maybe the platforming stuff).

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I find myself without something to play between now and Destiny 2 I'd go back and check out Age of Triumph. Otherwise, I'm done with Destiny.

I'll definitely play Destiny 2 though. I'm not even mad that nothing carries over. If leaving my character and all their stuff behind means I get a better game out of it, so be it.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hestilllives19

With the announcement that basically nothing carries over to Destiny 2, and with the horrible state of Destiny's current Crucible balance there is absolutely nothing holding me onto Destiny 1 much until Destiny 2 launches. The only thing I'm a bit upset about is that we are losing our Shaders, Emblems, and Eververse stuff. I feel like the Eververse stuff at least should carry over, since they basically begged us to spend real money on that garbage. Then to remove it entirely 20 months later, that is kind of horse sh**. It makes me not trust any form of micro-transactions from Bungie going forward at all and I will never again spend a dime on things of that nature from them, knowing that they may well decide to take it away tomorrow just because. It's ok though, I've been entirely clean of the Destiny drug for about 3 weeks now and it feels great, and I'll stay that way unless someone asks me to come back for something (or the old Raid group wants to hang out one night) until Destiny 2.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The boss better be a big Knight.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

For fuck sakes, they listened to fucking Reddit? REDDIT?

They are the only ones that, for whatever the fuck reason, care about rehashing the old content. 'Here, no new stuff, but go back to the first Raid!' Yeah, fuck off. Seriously this pisses me off so hard. Especially because some assholes on Reddit are now probably cheering like 'yes! They listened to us you guys! We finally get to play stuff we've been playing to death years ago again!'

I have been waiting patiently for the past month or two since I quit Destiny to have a good reason to go back as I love that game. But nope, I'm out. This shit is absolute garbage.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lego_my_eggo:

But where did you find people? Have they added in matchmaking for the raids? Because as someone who doesn't game on a set schedule it would be a lot easier to be matched with other randoms looking to raid. Also, do I need Rise of Iron for this "new" content? Seems bullshit to me that it is still $40CAD for that DLC. Not worth it IMHO.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

With the announcement that basically nothing carries over to Destiny 2, and with the horrible state of Destiny's current Crucible balance there is absolutely nothing holding me onto Destiny 1 much until Destiny 2 launches. The only thing I'm a bit upset about is that we are losing our Shaders, Emblems, and Eververse stuff. I feel like the Eververse stuff at least should carry over, since they basically begged us to spend real money on that garbage. Then to remove it entirely 20 months later, that is kind of horse sh**. It makes me not trust any form of micro-transactions from Bungie going forward at all and I will never again spend a dime on things of that nature from them, knowing that they may well decide to take it away tomorrow just because. It's ok though, I've been entirely clean of the Destiny drug for about 3 weeks now and it feels great, and I'll stay that way unless someone asks me to come back for something (or the old Raid group wants to hang out one night) until Destiny 2.

I get they are making some "major" changes for Destiny 2 but I think what they chose to carry over is absolutely shitty. They still haven't announced what they are going to do for veterans but I'm officially done caring about this game. I deleted it from my hard drive so that I don't even get tempted to sign in. I was really hoping Bungie's "10 Year Plan" for this game would amount to more than hey play our really cool game and oh yo uliked it? Well start over again in Destiny 2! I have never played an MMO style game where I had to start over with a new expansion.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hestilllives19

@archer88: There are no in game avenues for matchmaking for Destiny and according to Bungie, never will be, as they say it breaks Raids. This is a topic that has come up since launch, but it's one I've always agreed with Bungie on. Matchmaking for Destiny Raids will never work, it would ruin the experience. But I desperately hope Bungie see's how important LFG sites have been to Destiny, and both keeps improving the Clan functionalities in game and builds in an in game LFG system. Like a dedicated place to go and find groups. Right now the best places I would suggest to look would be 100.io. If you search these forums you will find a lot of the resources we have made over the past 3 years like that. Set a group to Public, because right now there are not enough of us active. It also might still be tough to find groups, as Destiny is currently is the largest lull in it's history, but it should pick back up at the launch of Age of Triumph. You can also try both DestinyLFG.com and DestinyLFG.net. But those are both extremely mixed bags, I think you will find better groups of people on 100.io.

You will absolutely have to be current on Destiny DLC to play Age of Triumph. If all you need is Rise of Iron, Amazon is selling it right now for $29.99 PSN code and so is PSN itself. But if you need more than that, Amazon and Walmart are also selling The Destiny Collection for $35.64 which includes everything. Though, if you haven't bought into Destiny 1 yet, in my honest opinion, with nothing going into Destiny 2, this is a horrible time to buy into Destiny. I would just hold off unless you already own Rise of Iron, or try to play through what you do own now of Raids now before people require higher Light Levels to do them for the Age of Triumph content. Though it would be worth waiting until more information is out about that tomorrow to see how all of that is going to work exactly. All 4 Destiny 1 Raids are very much worth experiencing at least once though.

@zevvion: What did you want them to do instead of relaunch Vault of Glass, Crota's End, King's Fall, and Skolas? If they do it right it might actually be pretty good. The other option was that we were going to get some garbage throwaway event that wasn't any good. At least since it's old content they can quickly make the necessary changes to it and go a bit bigger with it on a smaller budget that they were going to spend anyways. I'm kinda glad this is what they are doing. It feels like a proper send off for Destiny 1 to me. I final goodbye to do each Raid one more time and then close the chapter on Destiny 1 so to speak. I think that's their goal here. And if done well, it could be quite nice. Even though, like I've stated before, since they announced nothing transfers I have little to zero investment in Destiny 1 anymore.

@zirilius: I completely agree, what they are choosing to carry over seemingly are the exact things I actually want to be able to change. That's the part that kind of made me laugh a bit about it. The carrying over Level 20 and Black Garden finish is weird too, as in anyone that spent 20 hours in OG Destiny, whoopie. What about us guys who spent 2,000+ hrs and obtained everything possible... screw us am I right.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: Curious why you think why matchmaking for raids wouldn't work or would ruin the experience. Is it that good communication in a group is so important for the raid to be successful? I've played countless other MP modes in other games that require communication, including ranked team based PVP and have always been able to be successful with randoms. I think it is ridiculous that fans needed to pick up Bungie's slack on this one.

As for needing the DLC, kind of seems dumb when its a rehash of old content, but its par for the course. When the weekly crucible mode or nightfall strike isn't from the DLC, why do I need the DLC to queue for it? It seem shitty to me. I picked up Destiny when The Taken King came out because it seemed like a good value, but once Rise of Iron came out that value diminished because I lose access to content. I don't want free access to Rise of Iron content, and I understand there's balancing to consider, but those are choices the developer made. And the DLC is $40 for me, as I live in Canada. I don't believe it has ever gone on sale, but the Destiny Complete bundle has. This just makes it clear to me that the best value is to jump in at the end, which is what I'll do for Destiny 2 I guess. If the amount of content for $40 was more substantial, then maybe I'd be OK with it, but I'm just not seeing the value in this case.

And WRT you comment to @zirilius it should be clear by now that Bungie doesn't give a fuck about the Destiny player base.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88 said:

@hestilllives19: Curious why you think why matchmaking for raids wouldn't work or would ruin the experience. Is it that good communication in a group is so important for the raid to be successful?

And WRT you comment to @zirilius it should be clear by now that Bungie doesn't give a fuck about the Destiny player base.

In terms of matchmaking I think you can look to PC MMO's and say that it works but the problem comes in that unless people have Mic's or aren't in public chat then communication for these raids that is pretty much required fails pretty fast.

Also I agree as time goes on I really feel that Bungie just doesn't give a fuck about players in General. They speak the PR words but I haven't seen anything meaningful from them in a long time. Or the changes they do make after a vocal crowd mentions something are very slow to be implemented.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did they implement matchmaking or some type of LFG inside the game for raids? If that hasn't happened I will continue to ignore Destiny, despite the fact that I think it's a pretty good game with incredibly satisfying shooting. They either need to do that or add some serious solo player content with borderlands level of replayability

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: @archer88: As far as the matchmaking goes, it won't work because of the communication issue. Raids are very complex activities. They can completely break down when only 1 of 6 players isn't doing their job correctly. Which can make for an extremely frustrating endeavor even in highly competent groups at times. When you are talking about having Raids be Matchmade, only two things can happen. They either have to dumb down the entire experience for everyone (nobody wants that, it would ruin what Raids are), create two separate versions of Raids (Bungie doesn't have time for that), or just don't do it. They have chosen the smartest and last choice, to just not include Matchmaking. Like I stated earlier, the reason people harp about Matchmaking is that there is a fundamental issue of no way for players to connect easily with others for Raids/Activities. That is the problem. My point is, Matchmaking is not the solution for this. Bungie creating an in game version of the what Destiny users have created in DestinyLFG.com, DestinyLFG.net, 100.io, Reddit Fireteams, and all the other grouping sites, is what needs to happen. That is the proper solution to the issue at hand. And I think Bungie knows that. Whether or not they implement resources to correct this issue for Destiny 2 is the question. Note: If you believe Matchmaking will work for Raids, go do the Heroic Strike Playlist for two hours, leave your group after every Strike. You will agree with me after, I promise. Random Matchmade teammates in Destiny are frequently idiots who don't even understand the basic principles of the game. There is zero chance a group like that can synergize loadouts/abilities well enough to do Destiny Raid encounters on a normal basis. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that the completion % would be around 1% or less of attempts.

As far as Bungie's attitude towards the playerbase goes, I think it's become clear that there are several people, like Cosmo, that genuinely care what the community thinks. But for every Cosmo at Bungie there are a couple Derek Carroll's who actively like to antagonize the community and are a general douche-nozzle. The sad thing is, those Carroll's seem to have a lot more say than a lowly Community Manager guy like Cosmo. Which is what has led to the continuous love hate relationship the Destiny Community has with Bungie. And over 3 years, they have never seemed to "figure it out" when it comes to how awesome Destiny could be if they would just get out of the way sometimes, and listen to their Community a bit more. They seem to only use the Community as their own idea machine, and often pervert what comes up into something nobody wanted to begin with.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Might have to get the old crew back together for this. I didn't really engage with this Iron stuff despite buying it. I've only done Vault of Glass and Crota once so I would be willing to try it a few times. We'll see how this all shakes out.

Looking forward to Destiny 2, provided they can get things on track.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WillyOD

Just add a checkbox "I know the risks of matchmaking Raids" and voila! They could also make it possible to replace people in raid (voting?) or have "free volunteers" come and help with the raids knowing they won't get the full benefits. It's just a game, I shouldn't have to use third-party sites to setup games. For these reasons I've ever completed only one raid. I cannot schedule my life around Destiny raids. Once you've done a raid once or just use voice comms to tell others what to do (raids are really not that complicated). You really need only one player who knows what needs to be done.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By archer88

@hestilllives19:Well, I disagree with your assessment; my experience with other games leads me to believe that high level co-ordination with randoms/matchmade teams is possible, even with something like Destiny. I have done the every possible playlist in Destiny (up to Taken King that is) with randoms and didn't think it was ever broken. With regards to coordinating builds, you could drop matchmade groups into a team lobby where they chat/plan/loadout/etc. There are solutions, in my mind, and a team with skill set and experience that Bungie has should be able to implement them.

That being said, even if you accept that random matchmaking shouldn't be a part of Destiny raids, the burden should NEVER be on outside elements to correct the raid grouping issue. There should have been robust LFG tools in game day 1. I don't think Bungie should just be excused from that because they didn't want matchmaking and you can go to some websites if you want to find a group. It shows poor planning on their part and is objectively a design flaw.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88: @hestilllives19 My final thoughts on matchmaking are as such. DestinyLFG proves that you can pit randoms together and do the raids. Most of DestinyLFG or 100.io require people to join Voice Channels but still it proves that you can get random people together to work through the hardest content. I do wish that Destiny had that system built in to the game. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't solution but you could make it so that matchmaking is for people that have completed the raids at least once with a group. That way you get people who understand the mechanics of the fight but don't necessarily need to voice chat to work through the fights. I say it's a damned if you do thing because how do you then solve the problem of getting people to access to that matchmaking.

There is no perfect solution to this as I think having macthmaking out of the gate creates a whole slew of problems with people rage quitting. The thing that the absolutely need to add matchmaking too in the sequel is for Nightfalls. Yes they are hard and yes they can suck if people are dumb but I'd much rather have the ability to get into them then miss them for the week.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Wait a minute.

What happened to the whole "we have ten years worth of stuff to carry Destiny forward?" Was that including sequels? What is with this Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 shit? I'm so confused right now.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@hestilllives19: Besides the fact that rehashing anything is shitty, parts of Vault of Glass are straight up bad. They made Wrath of the Machine in 9 months in addition to story and strikes plus gear. They could have made something cool and awesome since september for now. Perhaps not a Raid, but something good, new and proper to close off Destiny. Rehashing is so dumb and I have no interest to go through the exact same shit again in a different rotation.

@jakob187 Multiple games were always the plan. Three to be exact. What wasn't necessarily the plan was leaving anything behind, but it seems they are doing that.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88: If you're on Xbox, there's a LFG app or something that my friend used a few weeks ago. Got us people to do Vault of Glass, Crota's End and almost King's Fall (everything fell apart at the final boss, when everyone got tired). VoG and Crota were real easy, and King's was somewhat easy until the end.

If you're not on X1, then I wouldn't know.

As for the topic, it's real annoying but I might get Destiny 2 anyway since my friends are. I kinda don't want to do the grind again, though. Also woo, character customization transfers! You know, that thing that's covered by a helmet for like 95% of the game. I mean, I enjoy how I made my characters look but I could just do it again. It's not like the creator was Black Desert (was that the one with the super intense creator?) levels of involved.

Rehashing the raids seems...weird, especially so close to the end of Destiny's life. Like, woo, raid gear that you can use and then goes away for the next game? Good for those who enjoy it though, I suppose. I just hope there's more story in 2. The Taken King did some good stuff (it's where I hopped on the train, and enjoyed it), but I kept wishing there was more. I haven't started Rise of Iron yet though, going to do that soon with a friend.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Honestly, all I really wanted to carry over was my characters and my Grimoire proving what those characters had accomplished. Which is exactly what is carrying over. There's no way they could have carried over weapons without watering them the hell down, so I'd rather just see new weapons then my old ones completely destroyed.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain to me why it is worth being upset about stuff not carrying over? I mean I get the whole "we worked really hard for the rare/legendary weapons etc etc" argument and I'm not trying to diminish that since you are able to do something that I don't have the people or patience to do.

I guess my point of contention is more: Loot based games like Diablo never let you carry stuff over. You have to start brand new characters and grind through content to get all the good loot. In fact, most rpg-esque games rarely let you carry stuff over into the sequel game. And before someone says "this is different because it is more of an MMO", I will counter with neither Final Fantasy nor Guild Wars allowed players to carry over things, as far as I know, when they made the jump to a sequel MMO.

Was there a promise that you would get to carry stuff over and they backed out on that promise?

I promise that I'm not trying to be a shit. I just don't understand.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashyron: While I haven't read every remark in this thread, I think what people are getting at is that why would they grind dungeons and such for the next few months to get loot that won't carry over. Obviously, it would be silly is everything carried over. But why would I spend time interfacing with this thing when it is all going away in a few months. At least that is what I was the jive I was getting.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@hestilllives19: I think the conversation around matchmaking is getting stuck in semantics. People wanting "Matchmaking" probably don't want it exactly as-is in other first-person shooter type games. What people want is what sites like DestinyLFG allow them to do, built into the game, and preferably without requiring going through making parties out of playstation accounts. People can still easily "rage quit" An LFG group by leaving the PS party, and people can still choose to be silent and unhelpful even though PS parties come built in with mic chatting. You can make a service like LFG in the game itself that would be seamless and you can build in requirements like everybody has to be on mic chat. You don't have to structure it as randoms all getting together; you can choose to structure it as people looking for a particular character for their party, or people looking to join a party. Look at games like Halo or Hell Divers, that allowed people to sync up with their friends in-game and allowed for randoms to join on. What people are actually saying between the lines is all possible and necessary, and it will be a failure of Destiny 2 if they do not figure it out.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: Yeah I've tried to use it once or twice but didn't get a full team together. My point was more so that those tools should be built in.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hestilllives19

@jasonmasters: @vashyron: Exactly like Jasonmasters said. They've always made old content irrelevant via the leveling system. I think most of us assumed that would be the case for Weapons/Armor etc, even to the drastic nature here that those would no longer exist. What I personally would like though, would be to keep Shaders/Emblems/Grimoire (as long as they still have Emblems/Shaders in Destiny 2) and any Eververse Emotes. I feel like that would allow the proper reset but also respect the time I put into the game already. On numerous occasions Bungie claimed Destiny would be a 10 Year journey where your Characters would "Become Legend". So stripping the game of that entirely after 3 years seems odd. It also puts a bad taste in my mouth that the Eververse items were purchased with real money and are being tossed away so casually. Like I mentioned earlier, that makes me extremely apprehensive of ever trusting their micro-transactions ever again. If they do keep some of the same Subclasses to Characters, I would like those already leveled up as well to their current level, though I do drastically hope that if they do remain they will rework every skill tree entirely, just that we won't have to regrind those Subclasses. That way if, and this is my hope, there are then 5 or 6 Subclasses per Character, you can focus on the new ones, not the old. What I personally expect though, is that we won't likely see Striker, Defender, Sunbreaker, Nightstalker, Gunslinger, Bladedancer, Sunsinger, Voidwalker, and Stormcaller again in Destiny 2, but rather whole new Subclasses and maybe another Class of Guardian entirely, with the option to run 4 characters. And I'd be fine with that. I just don't want to have to re-level classes I already did years ago. Though removing those 9 classes doesn't make much sense from a lore perspective...

As a side note, I really hope they add some cool stuff for Veterans of Destiny 1 like an awesome looking Gold Shader for Collecting every Exotic in Destiny 1, or an Emblem called "The Book Keeper" for filling out every Destiny 1 Record Book. Silly cheap and easy for them to make garbage like that will really help smooth over this seeming slight on their part towards the Community that actively built up Destiny 1 into the game it has been. I really hope they do some cheap gag stuff like that which won't really effect Destiny 2, but just make the playerbase feel better about this whole thing.

@liquidprince: Unless you know something that I don't, they have not at all made mention to Grimoire carrying over to Destiny 2. I hope it does but to my knowledge they haven't said that it will yet.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88: Oh yeah, I definitely agree with that point. Just wanted to let folks know about that option, as we managed to get 4 others relatively quickly, and then 3 more after some left after Crota.

But yeah it really should be built in, in some fashion. C'mon, Bungie.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hestilllives19

@brendan: That's the thing, I don't think most people understand what they want. The vast majority of people that claim Destiny needs Matchamaking for Raids are always asking for exactly that, Pure Random Matchamaking into the activity. And that just doesn't work in Destiny, especially for activities like Raids or Trials. But I wholeheartedly agree that, like you said, it needs an in game grouping mechanic. Bungie actually already has Fireteam Recruitment Tool on Bungie.net. But it's kind of terrible and needs to take some serious queues from some of the better LFG sites for Destiny. If they updated that, and put it in game. Then updated the tool sets for Clans, and put them in game as well, these issues would be solved. I honestly hope they do both of those things for Destiny 2, but I've been hoping for that since Destiny 1's launch, so I don't have the most faith that they will actually do it. But they honestly need to desperately, especially how connected of a game Destiny is.

Side Note: They also need to drastically improve the in game chat functions and sound quality for Destiny 2. There are serious reasons why every single PS4 player uses Playstation Party Chat for Destiny. Because Destiny's sucks.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hestilllives19

Biggest takeaways from today's stream are that Raids will be 390 and have been updated/changed, will be launched one per week for the first 4 weeks as the Weekly Raid that has all Challenge Modes Active, Elemental Primaries are in fact back, and Challenge Modes have been added to Crota's End and Vault of Glass. Full notes added above. Oh, also there is a sweet sweet reward of a t-shirt you can purchase with your gamertag if you finish the new record book. /s

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I have hundreds of hours invested in Destiny and would to think that even cosmetic items like shaders and emblems will carry over, but if I have to make the choice between keeping those and switching to the rumored PC version, I can't really justify leaving 60fps/1440p on the table for some shaders. Selfishly, I'm now almost hoping they don't let anything carry over just so that I can feel better about jumping ship.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so you guys are aware, stream 3 is tomorrow at 12pm CST, 1pm EST, and 10am PST. The preview video, which I updated above shows several Raid weapons with Elements, confirming the return of Elemental Primaries. More importantly, it also shows King's Fall weapons with Elemental damage, which means both King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine will likely be updated to add Elemental damage types to all Primary weapons. This may or may not be retroactive to guns in your inventory, or only those in the new incantations of the Raids. We will have to wait and see.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hestilllives19

Stream 3 was kind of a bust in my opinion, especially as the stream I was most excited to watch. We honestly learned more from the 39 second Trailer than the almost hour stream, because for some reason Bungie loves fashion shows that don't really tell you much. What was there is this: Elemental Primaries from all 4 Raids are coming or coming back, but as an Adept Exotic version (which is entirely separate from the normal non-Elemental versions). Black Hammer is not returning, but is remaining the Exotic Black Spindle (no surprise there). The only other changes are minor and only effect PvP, and were mostly already known and talked about except the addition of Special Crates reloading ammo and Guardians dropping Special Ammo on death, which was only shown and not talked about in any way (could just be a dev build thing, and not in the new update). Other than that, it was a pretty huge letdown. I wish we had at least seen the Adept versions of a few Raid Primaries such as Fatebringer, as in the inventory screen, not just another Guardian holding them.

Edit: This came out this morning from Josh Hamrick tweets, Vendor Gear will be reset on a Weekly basis from now on. This is some of the best news coming out of the entire Age of Triumph launch, as it provides a massive boost to the quality of Legendary Weapons. Basically it will be Arms Day every Tuesday, only with better weapons. This is awesome news. Honestly wish this had happened long ago and hope it stays for Destiny 2. It gives you a reason to actually use Legendary Marks and negates the need for Weapon Rerolling, since this basically does that job.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
    tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm into this, I'm glad they are doing this stuff, I have played a lot of this game and am looking forward to sending it out properly.

travellinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only other changes are minor and only effect PvP, and were mostly already known and talked about except the addition of Special Crates reloading ammo and Guardians dropping Special Ammo on death, which was only shown and not talked about in any way (could just be a dev build thing, and not in the new update).

From what i gathered, they were showing that PvP section in Mayhem, (as the game mode) so the boxes dropped as they would normally there.. don't think it transfers over to the more traditional game types..

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pyrodactyl

Jeez Lives. I think we need to do an intervention.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hestilllives19

@travellinman: I think you are right, I forgot Mayhem even worked like that in regards to Special Ammo, for some reason I was just thinking it did that for Heavy.

@pyrodactyl: Nothing to see here... No seriously, just trying to get the info out to everyone here that doesn't check Reddit, Twitch, or the Bungie Blog. Also, most of this was rather easy to come up with, as it was mostly pulled from other sources and then edited. It was also compiled over like 2 1/2 weeks so very much not all at once. I think I checked and updated it on at least 6 separate occasions. This should be the most up to date info regarding Age of Triumph as far as I know. Should be a pretty decent sized update though. Much larger than last years April Update or The Taken Spring.

Also, did everyone see the info that is coming out today about Destiny 2 being launched on September 8th (it is highly likely that is the EU date and it will launch in NA on September 5th, which was a date already highly suspected due to the Daybreak Event stuff ending the week prior for Destiny 1). There was a leaked posted and Jason Schreier announced that it was in fact real. He originally said Bungie would announce Destiny 2 today but later retracted that comment saying he misread a text. According to him, it will be announced soon though (for anyone that doesn't know, Jason has for awhile been the most knowledgeable and story breaking journalist in regards to Destiny, pretty much everything he says comes true or was true at one time).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By BeardDuder

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.