Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Destiny - E3 Video Dump

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I don't know if it's okay, but I feel like it'd be pretty handy if we'd make an E3 video dump thread for each of the games we're interested in, where we collect all new related E3 footage.

So yeah... /dance! The floodgates have opened. I've quickly scoured youtube's mainstream gaming site presence for new Destiny footage, and wow what a crops it has yielded. Guess I know what I'm doing with my afternoon.

So for your ease and my own convenience. Everything of Destiny I could find. Dance monkey! Dance!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

Is the youtube version of GiantBomb's Unfinished video super-choppy for anyone else?

Edit: Hmmm... it's fine in Chrome, but borderline unwatchable in Firefox.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

My only issue with Destiny, and it's a big one, is enemy health. I love the presentation, love the concept, but Halo managed to make co-op difficult through the number of enemies and their behavior, not through obscene amounts of health (for the most part). It seems like an inescapable aspect of Destiny's design will include some sort of bullet-sponge enemy who can't be overcome quickly through player skill and that really bothers me.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

yeah ttk is also my biggest concern about destiny. If it takes to long to kill dudes than the entire thing will fall apart for me.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

@veektarius said:

My only issue with Destiny, and it's a big one, is enemy health. I love the presentation, love the concept, but Halo managed to make co-op difficult through the number of enemies and their behavior, not through obscene amounts of health (for the most part). It seems like an inescapable aspect of Destiny's design will include some sort of bullet-sponge enemy who can't be overcome quickly through player skill and that really bothers me.

Destiny follows a MMORPG structure. One key skill to enjoying a MMORPG is to *learn how to zone*.

For example, in the quicklook Jeff goes on a lvl 8 strike (coop dungeon) as a lvl 4 player - he's seriously underleveled and underequipped. If he'd do that strike at level 8, with appropriate equipment, the feel would be very different from what you see in the quicklook. The TTK (time to kill) would be about the same as your average Halo game, and not at all like what we've seen in the quicklook. Jeff's just doing it wrong (I guess that's an inevitability of it being a quicklook).

I'm sure this will be an issue for players - not because it's inevitable or bad design per se, but just because they don't understand how these kinds of things work. For a MMORPG veteran like me, the structure is completely transparent, and it won't be an issue. Everybody will wrap their heads around it quickly too. It's not rocketscience. I mean Destiny is pretty much World of Warcraft translated into a Sci-Fi FPS game. It's not a hard thing to wrap one's head around. And it's pretty much the realization of that whole genre's ambition, finally melding immediate realtime gameplay with the massive persistence of a MMO.

I couldn't be more enthralled by that prospect.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@seppli: Jeff also failed to equip his gun upgrade after having bought it (the pulse rifle) so yeah, that was a little frustrating.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli

The PvP stuff looks pretty darn neat too. As far as arena shooters go, Halo is my preferred flavor - and it looks pretty much like that, just sleeker. The thing with everybody having heavy weapons, but no ammo for it, and then fighting over heavy ammo spawns on the map - that's a really elegant solution, and a nice throwback to classic weapon pick-ups.

I wonder if there will be Starfighter PvP too. I mean they already did some Starfighter stuff in Reach. These ships look so awesome, it would be a shame if won't get to use 'em properly. Hell - maybe we'll even get more largescale stuff in the vein of Battlefield, combining starfighter stuff with ground stuff.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karkarov

Bear in mind every video you see so far invariably somehow ends up being a guy at level 4 shooting a level 5 or higher mob with that same pos gun they started the game with. I suspect when we finally see video of someone who goes out and get a better weapon and then actually uses it the bullet sponge aspect will be much reduced. That said obviously there will be bosses and really tough event enemies that aren't going to go down like a joke regardless.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help but think this game is going to be a little "meh". It's hardly a RPG or MMO and I know a lot of people who thinks it's going to heavily be those things. So far, it's Halo + Borderlands and a little Mass Effect. I'd rather see Mass Effect take this approach, since it has very interesting fiction, I'd rather a loot game be 3rd person, and their classes are actually different from each other. I'll still give this game a shot, but I'm looking forward to Dragon Age and Sunset Overdrive more this fall.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought everybody fell down pretty quickly with the exception of that boss. That said, if you keep your guns and gear in line, like Jeff didn't do, the gameplay will probably be a lot snappier.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: Thanks for this! I've been absorbing every morsal of this game I can get my hands on, I'm extremely excited for Destiny and this is the game that's pushed me over the edge to get a PS4.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Polygon has a new vid up. 20 minutes of impressions and gameplay.

Loading Video...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

40 minutes of Escapist editors doing their thing...

Loading Video...

...hey, a multiplayer quicklook would be something GiantBomb could do every now and then. Just sayin'.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: God bless you and everything you do, good sir.

This thread is exactly what I wanted.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli

Almost forgot to post the new official trailer featuring Jason Jones (supposedly Bungie's main man, the one with the direct line to the muse, and the spark of all creation) - trying to explain and show-off the full scope and scale of the game. Also - endgame raids confirmed! Purple Epixxx!

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.