Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

What Exotic Armor Are You Using in The Raid?

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Thiago123

Just curious what people are taking into the raid (King's Fall) as far as exotic ARMOR for each class.

While generally regarded as the worst of the three raids, at the very least Crota's End gave the opportunity for some exotics to shine: e.g. - Don't Touch Me gloves for Hunters, or helms with health regeneration on orb pickup like Apotheosis Veil for Warlocks, Insurmountable Skullfort for Titans, and Mask of The Third Man for Hunters.

With the exception of Bones of Eao for hunters during the platforming section(s), it feels like no exotic armor is really shining in the raid. So, just curious to see if there are hidden gems out there that I"m not thinking of.

mpdebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Titan: Ruin Wings cause you never have enough heavy ammo

Warlock: Heart of the Praxic Fire cause I love throwing grenades everywhere when I pop my super

Hunter: Sealed Ahamkara Grasps cause invisibility is great when s**t hits the fan

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Thiago123

I should add my current ones as well:

• Titan - Helm of Saint 14 - bubble blinding isnt really that useful in this raid, but it CAN come in handy. I mostly just use it because it is the dopest looking ever and my Y2 rolled with health on orb pick up. I do switch to Crest of Alpha Lupi if I'm transferring orbs from the Relay to the Warpriest area.
    • Hunter - Skyburners Annex - honestly, because it was an early drop for me and the highest rated helm I had for a long time, so I've infused it up since. But the perks are actually very nice- Become an orb factory AND get special ammo randomly.
    • Warlock - Heart of the Praxic Fire - because I'm going to be running sunsinger and rez-ing anyway, might as well get more grenades and orbs when I do.
    jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thiago123: I agree with you completely on Skyburner's Annex. It's exotic perk gives you a chance to create an orb on heavy weapon kills. This "chance" seems to be almost all the time with me, so I tend to get into the habit of running a sword, which makes a ton of orbs when clearing mobs. Also, the other part of the perk is that when your Super is full, picking up orbs has a chance to grant special ammo. This means I am almost always running a guardian with full special ammo, which is very helpful. I usually run with a Telesto, which just works great in tandem with this helmet. The Telesto also gives you a chance to create orbs on multikills (procs a lot) and it's a special weapon, so with the orb pickup giving special ammo perk of the Annex, I pretty much am an orb machine if I run that combo. Just tweak your nightstalker to create more orbs for allies in your tree and you're golden. I've been told by my husband (he plays with my as a titan) that I make a ton of orbs, so he's always happy when we do group activities.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I play hunter and the three useful exotics depends on your play style. Sealed Ahamkara is very usefull with night stalker giving you invisibility plenty of times for you to escape in the Raids (more so heroic) then next is Celestial Nighthawk whith golden gun as that can help out at times and also bosses with the high one shot damage x6 with the helmet.

The other is variable and useless on heroic. The Chest piece that helps revive yourself and other

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@thiago123: Titan: I pretty much always run with Alpha Lupi, since it's now 320, and in most situations outside of Hard it's very useful. It's also nice to create more orbs for teammates in Hard. I rarely find Heavy ammo a problem so I don't run Ruin Wings, but I can see the benefit of that. Originally I used Skullfort a bunch for Melting Point, but I rarely use Melting Point now.

Warlock: Light Beyond Nemasis (same reasons as Titan), Claws of Ahamkara or The Ram if I feel like I'm taking to much damage too often.

Hunter: Graviton Forfeit, my first Hunter Exotic this time and Shadestepping is the best thing about Nightstalker. I have also used Sealed Grasps, but with high strength, I don't need end up using too many invisibility grenades. I sometimes run Envonomed anyways. During PvP I use either Ahamkara's Spine or Alpha Lupi with Gunslinger.

To be honest though, you are perfectly right, very few of the Exotics are useful in King's Fall. I've seen many players just not wearing one at all and instead using whatever armor has their highest light.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thiago123: You're right. That's one of my main issues with this raid too. You really don't lose anything by going with all legendary armor. That kinda sucks.

Aside from that you always want to equip 1000 yard stare, defiance or black spindle and quillim's terminus for the whole raid.

There is no place for a shotgun, fusion rifle or rocket launcher. Hell, there's no place for any secondary outside of 3 brands of sniper rifles.

I hope they do better with that stuff when they bring out end game content next time around

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Hestilllives19

@pyrodactyl: Yeah, the weapon variety is kind of a problem. I think a lot of that has to do with how awful almost all of the Raid weapons are themselves. Quillium's (even it only has 1 better perk that something like a Ruin Wake in Cocoon) is the only real standout weapon in the bunch. Defiance has it's uses, and Smite and Doom are both alright for certain situations, but the slow reload speed does become an issue. I've been experimenting a little lately though. Might start the raid with Doctrine and Invective, seems like it would be a fun combo there. But outside of that, your right, snipers are pretty mandatory. It's made me real comfortable with my 1000 Yard, especially in PvP, but I miss using Fusions and Shotguns in PvE. Shotgun nerf killed them in PvE.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pyrodactyl

@hestilllives19 said:

@pyrodactyl: Yeah, the weapon variety is kind of a problem. I think a lot of that has to do with how awful almost all of the Raid weapons are themselves. Quillium's (even it only has 1 better perk that something like a Ruin Wake in Cocoon) is the only real standout weapon in the bunch. Defiance has it's uses, and Smite and Doom are both alright for certain situations, but the slow reload speed does become an issue. I've been experimenting a little lately though. Might start the raid with Doctrine and Invective, seems like it would be a fun combo there. But outside of that, your right, snipers are pretty mandatory. It's made me real comfortable with my 1000 Yard, especially in PvP, but I miss using Fusions and Shotguns in PvE. Shotgun nerf killed them in PvE.

Shotguns are mostly fine outside of the raid. It's just that every part of King's Fall is mainly about DPSing a thing with a lot of HP and a big weak spot at long range. Every encounter is so rigid that 3 brands of snipers and a heavy machine gun are mandatory for the whole run.

That's why I still think the gatekeepers and Atheon encounters are still the best raid encounters in the game. You have a wide variety of roles in there. You could roll with a sniper, a shotgun or even a fusion rifles. I hope the next raid is more free form like that instead of the stiff King's Fall encounters.

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ibarguengoytia

Sorry for the side comment but when I read exotic armor I thought:

And now... Back to the studio

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.