Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Desura

Concept »

A former digital distribution service for PC, Mac, and Linux games.

What do you guys think about Desura?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jams
    It features a slick web based interface
    It features a slick web based interface

I just found out about Desura a couple of days ago on these forums. Some one was complaining about the PC (as per usual) and some one else mentioned Steam, GOG and then Desura. I've never heard of it before so I checked it out and installed the program. I really like what it does. It's different from Steam in that it has some games Steam doesn't and it feels lighter (because it's all mostly browser based?). It requires the Developers to have a main video and screenshots. It feels really easy to get around.

Finding games seems to take a long ass time
    Finding games seems to take a long ass time

It seems to also have a feature that lets you add other games to it, but it will update them. So right now I'm going to install Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead fresh and add it to Desura and see if it will update them to the latest version. I seen that you can buy those games from there too so maybe that'll help.

I bought Project Zomboid for $8.00 after getting bored of DayZ. I also found Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress and Savage 2: A Tortured Soul for free. Both games you can get on their official websites, but I think it'd be easier to just add them here and let the program manage all the update (if there are any).

There are pages for companies with game related tabs for things like reviews, videos, forums, games, etc. Really cool.
    There are pages for companies with game related tabs for things like reviews, videos, forums, games, etc. Really cool.

So has anyone tried this program out yet? What do you think about it so far?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.