Originally developed within the Digital Combat Simulator environment as a technology demonstration, the P-51D Mustang now has its own game.
The P-51 is the first aircraft in the DCS: Flying Legends series and will be online compatible with both DCS: A-10 and KA-50 up to 32 players. The simulator will feature a "Challenge Campaign" to test the players flying and combat skills as well as an interactive tutorial with an instructor similar to the one found in DCS: A-10.
DCS: P-51 will have a mission editor similar to the other DCS titles for in depth and complex mission and campaign creation. The game will also contain a one-click mission generator for the user to instantly create battles of any size.
Recommended system requirements
- Operating system 64-bit: Windows Vista and 7
- CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400, AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
- Memory: 4GB; Hard disk space: 7 GB
- Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 DirectX 9.0c or better
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.
Minimum system requirements
- Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 3 GB; Free hard disk space: 7 GB
- Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9 - compatible
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.