Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 11, 2016

Set fifteen years after the end of the first game, Dishonored 2 allows players to continue the story as either original protagonist Corvo Attano or his daughter and apprentice, the now-deposed Empress Emily Kaldwin.

Dishonored 2 Quick Look?

brotherturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe I missed it being mentioned somewhere, but are they planning on doing a Quick Look for this one? I know that they had the Unfinished in September, but I figured that they'd still do a proper video after release.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Bethesda decided not to give free copies to all and sundry to play through early, maybe the crew are doing their bit to fight back by withholding coverage?

Or maybe they're just busy.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Ye, UPF. Plus Bethesda putting a time constraint on coverage by not shipping early copies during this holiday season when the crew are chasing down GotY contenders and getting video coverage up for the end of year.

I think they should be playing Dishonored 2 as a strong GotY contender (especially with how many of the crew like them some stealth games and how D2 allows a more combat-focused play style for those who don't) but think Bethesda has drawn a line and that line harms coverage.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

In all honesty that segment on UPF was a real bad place to show the game. Showing off stealth titles isn't very easy, and doing so on a live show and going in kind of blind into the beginning of the game isn't ideal. I would love for Jason to film a QuickLook with maybe Vinny using their cross-coast patented Bomb-Tech when he's a bit further in the game and is able to show off a wider range of powers and mechanics when he's more comfortable with them.

Either way it wouldn't be the first time they've played a game on UPF and then went on to film a lengthy Quick Look for it. If they aren't doing one because of Bethesda's stance on review copies then that lack of coverage from GB is actually a lot more hurtful to the users on this site than them not getting an early copy of the game so they can write a timely review (something that rarely happens anyway).

brotherturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brotherturtle

@humanity: That's exactly what I was thinking. The UPF segment just seemed like it would have been a supplement to a quick look. They've done bits like that before for UPF. Here's hoping that they do a proper video on it eventually.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've played this game a bit so far. I dunno I haven't really played this type of game in a long while, but it has some of the best maps ever created for the genre, I'm not kidding. It is elaborate AND it looks the part of a realistic architecture. Lots of different paths and vertical space to roam in. Only thing missing is some light gem mechanic where you can tell how well you are in the shadows, how well you're hidden. No amount of quicklooks or UPFs will showcase how awesome and well crafted some of the maps in this game are. It has to be played to be seen and believed.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivoa: it's definitely the best game I have played so far this year!

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a fairly in depth preview video?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OurSin_360

@humanity: i think they did that because he wasn't much further in and wanted to see if corvo had any differences in plot.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I sure would love a QL from the middle of the game showing off some enemies and level design.

Acornactivist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I hope they do a QL, but they did an unfinished and a UPF segment already that, having bought the game, I can tell you offer accurate representations of it.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I suspect they will get around to a QL eventually but it is low priority since they have already covered it in video and on the bombcast. I wouldn't hold much hope during GOTY. Only Jason is showing strong interest and even he has mixed feelings on the game.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Jason is playing it and even he doesn't seem to have the patience to play this one as a stealth game. Not sure if there's value in him stumbling through some encounters while the other person on the ql talks about how they didn't like the first one and how first-person stealth just isn't for them.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By DharmaBum

@august said:

Only Jason is playing it and even he doesn't seem to have the patience to play this one as a stealth game. Not sure if there's value in him stumbling through some encounters while the other person on the ql talks about how they didn't like the first one and how first-person stealth just isn't for them.

This. Well said.

People should just watch this trailer if they want to see the powers being used cleverly. The level design is as good if not better than the first game.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Zurv

@august said:

^^ agreed. (while a nice guy, Jason isn't very entertaining. I can't make it thru his quicklooks even for games i want to know more about. )

While one can murderfest their way in this game. (like with the dues ex games) IMO the game really shines with the ghost/non-leathal.

For a game that, along with Blood and Wine, is my fav of the year- i wish they would do a proper quicklook of it. But, none is better than a bad one.

thehuffness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear on this week's Bombcast Jason said something about a quick look that made it sound like one was already in the can. Like they were talking about a specific mechanic or scenario and Jason said something like "Yeah you see that in the Quick Look."

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear on this week's Bombcast Jason said something about a quick look that made it sound like one was already in the can. Like they were talking about a specific mechanic or scenario and Jason said something like "Yeah you see that in the Quick Look."

He probably meant the Unfinished.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@humanity: That and most of the UPF segment was focused on dicking around and not really showing off the game proper.

Like someone else said, Jason just kind of crapped through it and didn't show it off well. Would be like having Dan show you how to play a stealth game lol.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august: yah on the other hand I do kind of agree that I don't need to hear for the n-th time how someone "bounced off" the first game or how it just didn't click with them. I guess that comes with the territory when you follow a small group of people and hear them voice their opinions in various formats - I suppose it would be crazier if they weren't this consistent with their criticisms.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Quick Look just got added to the schedule. Its going up tomorrow morning.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I was on Gamespot earlier, and there was an article that I didn't click on which had the title of something like: "Quick Look: Watch the Giant Bomb crew play Dishonored 2!" When I went back to find that article, after noticing it wasn't on the main GB page, it was gone. Weird.

Regardless, as said by

The Quick Look just got added to the schedule. Its going up tomorrow morning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.