Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

What Play Style Did You Go For?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I just got my copy of Dishonored to day and I haven't decided what style of play through I'm going to go for yet, I may go for total stealth and with no killing except for the selected targets. What style did you go for?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Marcsman

I'm ghosting it. No killing and no detection. That also means no killing of the selected targets too. It's more of a challenge this way.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

The game seems to heavily hint that stealth/non-lethal is the way to go and honestly I've started to find that is how im playing. Killing even in stealth is alot noisy which subverts trying to be stealthy. So even though you DO have options this is yet another example of the game fundamentally having a "correct" way to play.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CaLe

I kill the target to get the achievement then reload the save and avoid killing them for the other achievement. I'm playing stealthy for the most part.

No Caption Provided

I just had this happen to the Regent target. I threw him over the railing and his foot caught on it. Surprisingly enough, he's still sleeping.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

So far I've been trying to play as stealthily as possible, although I don't mind killing a few enemies here and there. 

Trying to find the nonlethal way to get rid of targets is fun too.  

Also I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I'm finding it really hard to find good places to hide bodies. I've resorted to hiding them on top of bookcases and light fixtures, although it's not ideal since I've had a few of them fall off.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

So far I have not been required to kill anyone- even specific targets have alternate, non death, options. 

The game feels heavily likes its pushing you to not kill a lot of people and be stealthy as possible so that's how I am playing on my first play of it. If I played again I'd probably go a more dynamic route just to see how that plays out. 

@FancySoapsMan: I have noticed the best hiding spot to be a trash dumpster if you can find one, otherwise it's really really hard as other guards will notice if even one guard is not at his post.  

Just as an aside, I actually like that. Gives it an interesting depth. 

But ya, if no dumpster is around, on top of high places and dark areas seem to be best. The more out of the normal guard path, the less likely they are to be found.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @CaLe: HA nice 

@FancySoapsMan: Isn't there a power that dissolve bodys? you might want to invest in that
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marcsman

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@FancySoapsMan: Isn't there a power that dissolve bodys? you might want to invest in that

Yes there is. But dissolving a sleeping body basically kills it. So if you are going for the non lethal option, you gotta hide the bodies.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

I haven't played it yet but chances are that when I do, it will be much like Human Revolution - I'll try to be sneaky and stealthy but if I get caught or if I get tired of sneaking around I'll "go loud" and kill everyone. Besides, the game does seem like it has some pretty cool combat options.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Marcsman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@FancySoapsMan: Isn't there a power that dissolve bodys? you might want to invest in that

Yes there is. But dissolving a sleeping body basically kills it. So if you are going for the non lethal option, you gotta hide the bodies.

Does the game count that as a "kill" though? If so I'm going to have to restart my game as I'v chucked a few bodys in the water to hide them
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marcsman

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Marcsman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Does the game count that as a "kill" though? If so I'm going to have to restart my game as I'v chucked a few bodys in the water to hide them

Not sure about that. It will tell you at the end of a chapter if you got the no kills though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Marcsman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Marcsman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Not sure about that. It will tell you at the end of a chapter if you got the no kills though.

I'v only just started so if it does count it's not so bad
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marcsman

@Jonny_Anonymous: True escaping the prison is more of a tutorial than a challenge.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm being stealthy about it but I'm murdering fools left and right because I want to see how fucked up the city can get on my first playthrough. My second playthrough will be a ghost/no-kill run.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Jonny_Anonymous: I don't think it does (not sure though) 

I knocked out a couple of guards and let them get eaten by rats, and I don't think those counted towards my kill total. So I think as long as you don't kill them yourself it won't count.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marcsman

@FancySoapsMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: I don't think it does (not sure though) I knocked out a couple of guards and let them get eaten by rats, and I don't think those counted towards my kill total. So I think as long as you don't kill them yourself it won't count.

But did you summon the rats?

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EthanielRain

I'm killing pretty much everyone.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @EthanielRain@rebgav: You guys still going for stealth or just straight up run and gun?
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @rebgav said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Stealthing into an advantageous position and then just assaulting people like a Cleveland bus driver.

lol
    Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Klei

Same way I play most of these games like Deus Ex and Thief.

I sneak in, but if I get seen, I deal with it. One save per mission otherwise I feel like I'm completely cheating the purpose of the game. There's so many weapons and tools that I wouldn't think of using If I just crept around like a ghost.

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CapnThrash

Quiet til i get caught, then I'm all for stabbin a dude. There seems to be quiet a few instances in the world that require real quick decisions, I like being forced to make those gut decisions and having to live with it. If I replay, I'm sure it'll be a whole different story...

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Marcsman: no, they were already there
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By colourful_hippie

Stealthy but merciless. I'm going to turn everyone in this city to ash.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By august

Non-fatal so far but I think at least some of my primary targets are gonna get ICED OUT.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rolanthas

Ghosting all the way, doing all the non-lethal "solutions" as well.

Combat options are very tempting though, will definitely leave a bloody aftermath on my 2nd-3rd playthroughs.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By _Zombie_

Considering I'm limited on my time with the game, I kill any and all enemies I can.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By overnow

I'm switching between stealth and guns blazing but I lean towards stealth but I still kill a lot of people.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I'm playing low chaos and stealthy for my first run. I'm not straight out killing no one, as in, I'll fight if I get caught but I'm trying to avoid it.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Bwast

I had to kill or incapacitate a few times but I mostly just bypassed enemies.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zella

Stealthy lethal for me so far. Gonna do a complete action style massacre next playthrough though and then finally a ghost run of no kills and no detections. I really love how the game gives you non-lethal options for targets that aren't just knock the target out instead of killing him.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DukesT3

Stabbing dudes.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Genkkaku

I just kinda wing it as I go.. If there's a guy that needs to die he'll die, I'm trying to be stealthy during my first playthrough but not super stealthy it's fun to just you know get spotted, poses the guy and then walk him off a bridge

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By DharmaBum

Lethal first time through with no resets - whatever happens, happens. Then I'll go for a perfect playthrough with no deaths or detection.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By benspyda

I like stealth games where you kill people silently, assassins creed style, so I'm playing assassin more than a ghost. It's a bit like mirrors edge in that it pushes you to be non violent but you need to be committed. I do not have that kind of patience and I find it more fun stabbing dudes(in stealth games that is...). My metal gear ratings is always panther or whatever for jacking dudes. Also my favorite playstyle in Skyrim was a backstabbing assassin with the X15 knife skill.

Maybe a second playthrough on easy I'll try the non violent path.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EthanielRain

I still try to be stealthy with my kills. If I do get spotted I don't sweat it though, just go ahead and unload on 'em.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Von

Everyone states that the game leans towards stealth but I disagree. I'm currently playing a no-kills run-through but the game taunts me at every corner. Here! Pick up these bolts, for a weapon you can't use. Here, have some money to buy upgrades... for weapons you can't use! I got around 7k money after the tutorial and the first mission and I don't have anything to spend them on, except for one rune and 10 sleeping-bolts. Although the stealth functions are cool, I feel like I'm missing out on something, so my next playthrough is definitely going to be a more bloody one.

Awesome game, none the less.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Von said:

Everyone states that the game leans towards stealth but I disagree. I'm currently playing a no-kills run-through but the game taunts me at every corner. Here! Pick up these bolts, for a weapon you can't use. Here, have some money to buy upgrades... for weapons you can't use! I got around 7k money after the tutorial and the first mission and I don't have anything to spend them on, except for one rune and 10 sleeping-bolts. Although the stealth functions are cool, I feel like I'm missing out on something, so my next playthrough is definitely going to be a more bloody one.

Awesome game, none the less.

Yep, I'd agree with this
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By MEATBALL

Typically try to stealth it up, but sometimes I can't pass up an opportunity to do something awesome like baiting several guards to their death via a rewired security system or wall of light. I'm aiming for low chaos, though, and I've managed to maintain low chaos so far, so it's nice that there's a little breathing room to wreck some shit every now and then.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By InternetCrab

I actually got the Chaos level to ''High'' on every level, but I didn't slaughter too many people, it was mostly because I got seen alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.