Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Franchise »

DJ Hero is part of Activision's rhythm game line-up and is a franchise in its own right. It has players using a turntable peripheral to play mash-ups of popular songs.

Activision: Bring DJ Hero Back!

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

DJ Hero 2 was probably my second favorite music game of the past generation (Beatles Rock Band probably takes first in my list). The game had a phenomenal soundtrack, frenetic gameplay, inventive multiplayer modes. The only thing that sucked was the quality of turntable (I burned through three of the things). Anyone else hopeful that maybe DJ Hero makes a return on the new consoles?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah seriously I loved DJ Hero 1 and 2. I managed to get good at Hard mode and would play that over my surround sound setup during parties. Good times

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By IceNDice

Well it depends on sales, it probably costs a bit to make a turntable as well as the case and disc. They would really have to create hype somehow but as a person who wasn't the biggest into Guitar Hero and RockBand, I probably wouldn't buy it. I don't think the sales for DJ Hero were the best either.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah seriously I loved DJ Hero 1 and 2. I managed to get good at Hard mode and would play that over my surround sound setup during parties. Good times

Mastering the harder difficulty was always incredibly rewarding. The only thing I hated at the higher difficulties were the spikes. But sliding the fader back and forth quickly felt so rewarding.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If Guitar Hero is successful then there is a chance. If you want the possibility of a DJ Hero, go buy Guitar Hero (several times over).

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the crazy popularity of electronic music now, I'm sure the suits at activison have to be considering on bringing it back. I hope so!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am so, so ready for a DJ Hero 3. I've always had a soft spot for mashups (and there are some fantastic ones in those games), and the turntable is so much fun to use.

Hell, I'm just ready for the return of rhythm games in general. Never got sick of 'em, even when a new Guitar Hero was coming out every three hours.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyline7284: Yup I definitely hated the spikes but yeah I ended up liking the gameplay of DJ Hero the most out of any of the rhythm games. The gameplay was more engaging and felt like you were more involved in the music

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I loved it but AFAIK DJ Hero did just OK and DJ Hero 2 bombed spectacularly. Unlike Guitar Hero, there never was a strong demand for DJ Hero that Activision might hope to rekindle. As happy as it would make me, I have absolutely no hope Activision will be revisiting DJ Hero in any way that appeals to me in the next decade.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

I imagine if Guitar Hero does really well for them there's a chance you could see DJ hero come back. Let's just wait and see if Guitar Hero and Rock Band can both find success before we start reviving other, less successful, music games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.