Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJMAX Respect

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 06, 2018

DJMAX Respect brings the popular rhythm game series to the PS4. It features 140 tracks from DJMax Portable, DJMax Portable 2, 40 new songs and extensive DLC plans.

Anybody else picked up this yesterday?

Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've always been a fan of the DJMAX series and I especially remember playing the games to the point of my PSP breaking in my early teens. So I was super excited when they revealed that a new game in the series would come to the PS4 this year!

The game was released in South Korea, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia yesterday, with a Japan release this fall. North American and European releases have been talked about, but there are no dates. Luckily, the Southeast Asia/Hong Kong release is fully translated! I bought my game of the HK PSN store.

It features around 106 old tracks from Portable 1 and 2 with 40 newly composed tracks. And the best part is that they're releasing DLC with songs from all the other games (Clazziquai, Black Square, Portable 3 etc).

I'm really enjoying this release so far at least! Anybody else picked it up?

A video of me playing a 6B track, "Right Now":

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was looking forward to this until they announced that the English release was SEA only. I'm holding out for a North American release just for the sake of convenience since I'll want the DLC, but I may just cave and buy it anyway. I played a bit of this on PSP, but Technika Tune was the one I really put a lot of time into so I'm looking forward to the DLC pack for that. Hopefully it'll have the licensed K-Pop songs.

chromo89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the heck out of these games! The whole key note thing makes a big difference compared to other music games. Grew up on the PSP games as well. Gotta get that hand strength back. A tad disappointed that we have to wait for DLC but I knew less of the first two game and with 146 song I don't think we can complain. Any favorite songs? Mine are Whiteblue and Chrokee among many others.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By optimalpower

I really want to get this but I'm crossing my fingers for a western release date announcement sometime soon. I love rhythm games to death, but I bought Future Tone early and never bought any dlc because of the hassle. I'll buy it eventually though, it looks too good to not.

megabite10164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

So I looked into it and from their Facebook page they said (after the 7.28 release) that they are going to release it in NA and SA but have nothing to say about when or how.
    I just finished making my HK account.

Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Hampe

@megabite10164@redyoshi: Yeah, considering that they haven't revealed anything more in regards to a NA or EU release since the initial info, I feel like it was going to be a long way until it came out here. I totally caved and thought it was easier to just buy it from the HK store. Worked easily enough, and getting PSN cards for it online was no problem at all.

@optimalpower: Out of curiosity, what was the problem with buying DLC? I have never bought a game so far where I've had to download DLC from another store, so I'm really curious!

@chromo89: I'm honestly really in love with quite a lot of the new tracks for Respect! Didn't think I'd prefer them to the older classics, but like, Heavenly by Makou, U.A.D. by HAYAKO and Waiting for you by Mycin.T are all fantastic. Oh, and Far East Princess by nauts is like, top 10 of all DJMAX games for me.

And gosh, I forgot how hard 8B is. Like, it's okay when you have L1 and R1 by themselves but when they combo it with another button I am so lost.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hampe: As I thought, I ended up buying this a couple days after my post in this thread. Luckily I already had about half the cost in my Singapore PSN account so it worked out alright.

I've really been liking the game, but I wish the hold notes you have to rotate a thumbstick for didn't make it so difficult to try out alternate controllers for this. I really wanted to try out my fight stick since I've been getting hand fatigue on fast paced, note heavy songs.

As for favorite songs, I love Far East Princess and 2NITE from the new ones. Thor was probably my favorite song on Technika Tune. Hello Pinky, Ask to Wind, End of the Moonlight, and Stay with Me are some of my favorite of the old ones, they've gotten stuck in my head so many times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.