Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

GB Group Awareness

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Drizzle

Hello fellow duders,

with the recent wave of invites there have been quite a few people with access to Dota 2.I would like to bring up that darkwhitehair and I are currently on and trying to get people to auto-join the Gb chat in client. If you want to play my steam ID is TheDrizzle

darkwhitehair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By darkwhitehair

If you click the + button on the chat channel you can scroll down (it's alphabetized) to the Giant Bomb channel. Just go in there and you will auto-log into the channel every time. Also the chat channel search thingy is REALLY slow, and caused my game to freeze, so be a little patient.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

This thread seems innocent enough. Until you realize that these 1% jerks are just bragging about how they're in the beta and we aren't. Occupy DOTA!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Ravenlight: I know how you feel. Wait...

...no I don't. I'm in the beta. MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Rayeth

I will look into getting in on this tonight hopefully. Been doing a lot of just normal matchmaking with some RL Friends and more people would be welcome.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theveej

if anyone here feels generous enough to give out an invite I would really appreciate it, been trying to get into the beta but no luck so far.....

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Drizzle

I can vouch for choo choo, skeleton, & darkwhitehair are all stand up duders! It made matches infinitely better playing with giant bombers

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I'd love to get in on this as well, unfortunately I have no invite. How can I get one?

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By indiefinch

@CaptainTryHard said:

I'd love to get in on this as well, unfortunately I have no invite. How can I get one?

Make sure you have applied to the beta on dota2.com. You will be asked to take a survey and submit your system specs, then you will be put in the public beta test pool. From there you just hope you are lucky. You can try multiple others ways though. There are daily giveaways on playdota.com (but your account needs to be created before dota 2 came out), contests people hold on Reddit.com/r/dota2 and Reddit.com/r/sharedota. Then if you are extremely impatiant, you can try to purchase a key off someone or trade Steam games for one on Reddit.com/r/gameswap.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @The_Drizzle:  Very nice initiative of you! I'm going to add a Dota 2 section to my Gaming Hub thread tonight, if you guys manage to get anything going, I'm willing to feature and promote it in the Hub. Is there anything I should add to it like a chatroom you're gonna use or whatever it is MOBAs have as lobbies or platoons etc..?
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Drizzle

@AhmadMetallic said:

@The_Drizzle: Very nice initiative of you! I'm going to add a Dota 2 section to my Gaming Hub thread tonight, if you guys manage to get anything going, I'm willing to feature and promote it in the Hub. Is there anything I should add to it like a chatroom you're gonna use or whatever it is MOBAs have as lobbies or platoons etc..?

There is a chat room on the Dota client, however it takes ages to load all the other ones. Once its loaded hit "g" and scroll through until you see "giant bomb". That ensures that whenever duders sign on they are guaranteed to be in there. Baby Choo Choo, Cheap Posion, Panda, Vank, and I all played a great match earlier today which was a lot of fun and plus we won!

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By gloomytangent

I've been joining the chat under the handle ( * ) Enol Angus, but I usually play with friends, so if I turn down an invite, it's probably because I'm about to party up with them or just finished a match and am out. I'll probably get around to playing with you guys eventually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.