Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age Inquisition PC Freezing on Main Menu?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

First off the game runs perfectly on my system and I have no trouble with the game in itself. I just noticed that trying to change a few settings on the main menu like lets say keyboard binding will cause the mouse to stop working and then the background music to stop. Most of the times I can't do anything and will just alt-tab-del out and then re-open it again. Anybody else running into the same issues? It usually occurs if I wait on the main menu for too long after signing into the Dragon Keep servers.

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valitiney

Hmm, I haven't had it freeze on the main menu, but it did freeze once when going through benchmark. A few suggestions, have the game run in borderless window instead of fullscreen, and if perhaps you have an AMD card, grab the latest beta driver that were made for Da:I, and Far Cry 4, hopefully that helps with your problem!

Amd Driver

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yep, it's a common issue. As you've found, it's related to the server connection. Disable auto-login and you should be able to get in without (too many) issues.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@theht: Whoa thanks sounds like my exact issues. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like my issues stopped and haven't had any issues since yesterday afternoon. At least I'll know how to fix it in case the issue rises up again.

Thanks again to everyone else who posted some solutions, appreciate it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.