Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Active quest and map issue

Smodowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Smodowen

Every time i select a quest and choose "Mark as Active Quest" it does absolutely nothing. The white arrow indicator stays in the exact same spot. It makes quests extremely frustrating, especially in a place like Denerim when you have 15+ quests to choose from.

Is this how it was designed or is it bugged?

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Kazona

I'm pretty sure that is a bug, unless, maybe, the quests are all in the same direction? (I assume you're talking about the little white arrow on your mini-map)

Smodowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smodowen
    @Kazona: No, it's not that. For example, right now, the arrow is stuck on a quest in Denerim. One where you have to dump 3 bodies into a well. The arrow is stuck on this well no matter what i choose. I've tried to make every quest i have as the active quest, even the main quests, but it doesn't move.

This is enough to make me stop playing it's so fucking aggravating.
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Galbrezu
    @Smodowen: 
    The quest points you to both the dumping ground and the bodies at the same time, and mentions what zone you have to visit to find the bodies.

I was a little confused by that too.
    Smodowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smodowen
    @Galbrezu: It's not that quest that's giving me the issue, it's the fact that i can't select any other quest i have to be marked on the map.
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Galbrezu
    @Smodowen: From what i've seen it just shows all quests at once though, that active quest seems to literally do nothing but mark the quest in your log.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

It seems to me that it will show white arrows for all non-active quests, and if there is an objective pointed out for your active quest, it will be glowing yellow on the map.

Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Galbrezu
    @Chaser324 said:
    " It seems to me that it will show white arrows for all non-active quests, and if there is an objective pointed out for your active quest, it will be glowing yellow on the map. "
    So THAT'S what the yellow arrow means, thought it was the main quest line or something. The active quest never seemed to do much I stopped setting it early on.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Galbrezu: I think if you don't set the active quest, it will by default keep the main storyline quest active.
    kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By kamolahy

I think it's bugged anyway. I keep trying to select my active quest in Denerim and I'm not even getting arrows. I have about 4 quests right now that won't show me arrows despite the journal telling me to look at my map for the guide.

Smodowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smodowen
    @kamolahy said:
    " I think it's bugged anyway. I keep trying to select my active quest in Denerim and I'm not even getting arrows. I have about 4 quests right now that won't show me arrows despite the journal telling me to look at my map for the guide. "
    Yup. I have a couple quests that give me no indication on where to go, it just says follow the marker on your map. Yet i have no marker on the mini map, or large map if i zoom out.
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Galbrezu
    @Smodowen said:
    " @kamolahy said:
    " I think it's bugged anyway. I keep trying to select my active quest in Denerim and I'm not even getting arrows. I have about 4 quests right now that won't show me arrows despite the journal telling me to look at my map for the guide. "
    Yup. I have a couple quests that give me no indication on where to go, it just says follow the marker on your map. Yet i have no marker on the mini map, or large map if i zoom out. "
    When they say there's a marker on the map, there is literally a new zone that you can go to on the world/city map, they're glowing if they have a quest there and haven't visited yet if I remember correctly.
    Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Vecta
    @Smodowen said:
    " @kamolahy said:
    Yup. I have a couple quests that give me no indication on where to go, it just says follow the marker on your map. Yet i have no marker on the mini map, or large map if i zoom out. "
    Most quest do not give arrows, but even if you dont have a quest set as active arrows for other quests will show up on the mini map. Its was designed like this, its not bugged, most of the time when It says to check the map it means to look for the location on the map yourself instead of looking for an arrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.