Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Did you find any annoyances with the console version?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grissefar

I want to pick up the Ultimate Edition, but I have questions for people who played the console version. From the Quick Look it seemed alright, but how does it fel  later in the game? Can you really only have 6 slots for skills per character or can you have as many as you want? And how big of a problem is AoE and not zooming out?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I played all the classes and I never was at a loss for buttons.
    There might be some situations where as a melee fighter you would need to use the menu to trigger a skill but most of them fit handy on the 6 slots and perfectly able to get through the game with.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

The default game on the PS3 was fine. Though the DLC stuff afterwards turned it into a mechanical mess, with an increasingly degrading framerate and dozens of glitchs.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By MildMolasses

Yes you do only get the six slots (2 x 3 skills) which you alternate with one of the triggers. 

I didn't find the fixed zoom level that problematic, but I also am not really a fan of that style of combat, so I didn't go into battles with a lot of strategy that would have been hindered by the view. 

I do know that the 360 version has some terrible texture issues at times, and the compression artifacting on the pre-rendered scenes is atrocious. But as you have a blue name, I will assume that you would get the PS3 version which I don't think has the same problems with the visuals
    ___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ___pocalypse

I thought it was fine. The only thing I didn't like was that there didn't seem to be a very efficient way of selecting dead party members to rez or enemies to kill. Felt a little clunky in that respect. Of course, maybe the option was there all along and I missed it. ><

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I have the PS3 version and had no problems with the game.  Though I never played any of the DLC after the first one so I don't know anything about what Abyssfull said.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By septim

I started playing Dragon Age on my gaming "rig" (douche chill) and wound up switching over to the PS3 version. I found it perfectly acceptable. The load times were longer, and the graphics weren't as good. It wasn't a night and day difference though.

I switched so I could play on my projector.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Malakhii

The console version is perfectly fine, never had a problem until the last boss, then the game started crashing on me left and right. But I got shut the system off and tried it the next day and got through fine, guess my 360 just needed a rest. 

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BC_

Movement on console was a pain. I missed being able to pause, tell one person to move to one place, tell another to move elsewhere then unpause. Oh, and click to move.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SlightConfuse

you have to play a different way. i used tactics  more than pausing the game. as a mage i paused alot to select certian spells

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.