Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

How do you use the Litany of Adralla? (Spoilers)

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

Alright, so I'm in the final battle of the Circle of Magi against Uldred. He's turned into his demon form and is raising the various mages around the room into Abominations. Wynne is yelling at me to use the Litany to stop the transformation but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Can anyone provide some insight?

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By snide

It's in your inventory. The best thing to do is just equip it on your hotbar, pause when he starts summoning a mage (i believe it's a green spell effect) and use the item. You end up using it 4-5 times through the fight so don't worry about using it too much. It's an instant cast item.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

If you're playing the console version it's under your advanced options on the radial menu.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yeah, I'm playing on the 360. I eventually found it under the advanced menu but it took awhile. There are no prompts or anything that points you towards there. Annoying.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Nictel

Ah so that's what it is for. I just spammed the spell the entire time assuming it did something good. Blame me for not reading the description.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By maxszy
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " Alright, so I'm in the final battle of the Circle of Magi against Uldred. He's turned into his demon form and is raising the various mages around the room into Abominations. Wynne is yelling at me to use the Litany to stop the transformation but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Can anyone provide some insight? "
    Wow.. I just finished this part... and I totally forgot to use it. I got it, then went up to the fight and just got totally wrapped up in the battle I forgot I even had it. Rofl, would have probably made it significantly easier :-p
    Tynian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tynian

I couldn´t find it in time, so i ended siding with the wrong side (templars) on my "good" playthrough. Boomer. 
    By the way, how do i use flasks/bombs/ etc in the 360 version?

Willow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Willow

I jest gut a PS3 and Dragon Age for Christmas and I can not seam to figure out how to give the Litany of Adralla to spare the mages! It may be that I am not very go with the PS3 yet, I was an Xbox 360 user before.   Can any one help!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

Wow, I totally missed using that.  Then again, I killed Wynne, and I can't remember any of my other party members telling me to use it.  Then again, I was so sick of the Mage's Tower after that godforsaken trip through the Fade that I just wanted that quest to be over and done with.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By galiant

It's in the advanced section of the radial menu (that you bring up with L2), same place where you switch weapon sets or use the "hold" command. The advanced tab is approximately at 2 o'clock on the radial menu. The Litany appears at 6 if I remember correctly.

Use it when Uldred starts talking about accepting gifts and Wynne shouts at you =)

Willow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Willow

That worked grate. Thank you!

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By YoThatLimp
    @CenturionCajun: Was a really stupid move not telling you, looked for ages for that thing! lol
    genkobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By genkobar

Is it just me, or is it a bit strange that all the mages end up dead on the floor even though you manage to stop their turning into abomination? I was so suprised when they instantly changed from sitting mages to corpses on the floor with blood-staines. Maybe it was just a bug in my playthrough of the game, because Irving seemed unfazed by it (and i got the "sided with the mages" achievement).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.