Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

New Game +

skipper00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By skipper00

Just got the game and i am wondering if you are able to go back and complete side quests after you finish the main story? Thanks

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

no

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#4  Edited By tearhead
    @emkeighcameron said:
    " Nope. It's a pretty final conclusion. You can play the Expansion (Awakening) with your imported main character from the original Origins story providing

"
    Nope, even then you can still import your character. Just pretend it didn't happen.
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emkeighcameron
    @Tearhead said:
    " @emkeighcameron said:
    " Nope. It's a pretty final conclusion. You can play the Expansion (Awakening) with your imported main character from the original Origins story providing

"
    Nope, even then you can still import your character. Just pretend it didn't happen. "
    Whoa, really? That's retarded.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Teran

You are able to roam the lands and complete certain side quests after beating the game, but it's kind of a hollow experience.  They allow you to do this so that people would not need to start the game over when dlc came out.

Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Begemot
    @emkeighcameron said:
    " @Tearhead said:
    " @emkeighcameron said:

"
    Nope, even then you can still import your character. Just pretend it didn't happen. "
    Whoa, really? That's retarded. "
    No. Just because someone decided to use themselves to kill the dragon, thats why they cant use their character in the exp pack? To not use your character that you put time in and build him up from ground on, just beacuse of a single choice... that's retarded.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Begemot: Ever heard of spoiler tags. Be more careful in what you say.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teran
    @Begemot: 

Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Begemot

****SPOILERS AHEAD (Couldnt get the spoiler thing to work properly)****

@Teran:  

First of all, I used Morrigan's option. And yea, it was obvious you were gonna die if you decided to kill the dragon yourself, but seriously -- get over your role playing ass. If someone wasted their time on a character in the first game, they should be able to use it in the expansion pack. It's simple as that (That's even how the developers phrased it when they said why they allowed dead characters to be used). I don't get why people like you are all into realism; like, really, gameplay comes first. Again, get over your role playing dreams.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ISuperGamerI

It's a long ass game so you should have plenty of time to complete all of the quests.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teran
    @Begemot:  

If you want to use spoiler tags, type out what you want to say first, then highlight all the text, and then click on the red icon with the yellow explanation point inside of it up on the bard with the bold/italics/underline options.
    Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Begemot
    *SPOILERS*

@Teran: 

*BIG SIGH HERE*
    Dude. Let it go.  If you dont want to resurrect your dead character in the expansion pack, then don't do it. It's that simple, I don't understand why you're trying to push the idea that others shouldnt do it. If they want to continue the story with the character they used and build, then let them.

You remind me of those religious freaks who push their beliefs onto others.

Also, take some lawyer classes or something. It looks like you're trying to hard to make a case out of this.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By Yummylee

No. You can't even travel to the different places, unless you bought some of the DLC. Otherwise you're literally trapped in your camp. Though if you had Morrigan around that isn't so bad. ;P

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teran
    @Begemot:   I told you how to use the spoiler box, why don't you try using it correctly this time.... or are you embarrassed that you had to be told?  Don't worry about it, most people do the first time.

Lastly, I remind you of religious freaks who push their beliefs onto others?  Really?  Because in case you hadn't noticed, you're the one pushing for change, not me.  I know it's hard to keep your thoughts straight bouncing up and down in your chair as you type each of your 'clever' insults, but next time you accuse someone of trying to force their beliefs on someone else, make sure they actually are the ones pushing for change, otherwise you just look foolish and uneducated.

I'm perfectly happy with the way the game currently is, they don't need to change a thing.  I played through once, importing my dead character into the game and enjoyed it thoroughly.  I played through once importing a living character into the game and enjoyed it thoroughly.
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By MarkWahlberg

derailed thread much?

Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Begemot
    *SPOILERS*

@Teran: 
    I clicked the spoilers tag, and it didnt work before, hence why I said, it didn't work for me. Now assume more, I'm sure you wont look foolish.

Also, I'm the one pushing for the change? This is where I find out you're a dumbass. Reread the thread, and realize that I said not being able to use your characters in the expansion pack is silly.

I'm done replying to this stubborn moronic goat. Take to PMs if you want to continue your senseless arguments. 
    Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lawrens

ITT we talk about the fucking ending when the OP says he just got the game, and fight about it.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teran
    @Begemot said:
     I'm done replying to this stubborn moronic goat. Take to PMs if you want to continue your senseless arguments.  "
    Says the guy who can't get the spoiler tag to work even though he's been given clear instruction. 

My argument is concrete.  The game is the way it is, and I am defending that.  You're the one who has ridden in on your white horse, frothing at the mouth, demanding that they make the game for you and accusing anyone who disagrees of being comparable to a religious zealot.  I'm guessing you never learned the definition of irony. 

@Lawrens said:   I am morally obligated to do battle with ignorance no matter where it pops up.
    Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Vaile

Man, I really need to start reading entire threads before I post replies. 

I edited out my argument, I'm sick and tired of fighting with people on forums. 

@Skipper00, to answer your question, you cannot continue to play the game after you finish it. 
    However, you can either continue your character or start as an Orlesian Warden as long as you have the expansion pack Awakening. Whether or not you can continue quests from the original game is beyond me, however. Hope I helped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.