Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drakengard 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 19, 2013

Drakengard 3 brings the series's trademark mixture of hack and slash combat and unorthodox storytelling to the PlayStation 3.

Drakengard 3 getting a North American release in 2014.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

The following trailer is basically the same as the TGS one, only with Drakengard 3 as the title at the end with the NA release date (2014). I only played the first in the series. I played it as a kid so maybe my memory of it is fuzzy, but I remember enjoying it at first until I realized the combat is kind of crappy and the pace of the story was not to my liking.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

WOO YEAH

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It would be seriously awesome if they somehow included a Nier reference or connection.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've never play a Drakengard game but I'm all for more weird Japanese shit coming to NA.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Having enjoyed/suffered through Drakengard 1 a couple months back, I am on board for this game when it releases.

Though I do need to play Nier at some point between then and now...

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Flappy

I loved Drakengard when it first came out, skipped 2 (gross), and loved Nier. Give it to me, baby!

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nonused

DAT MUSIC. Oh man, it's so good. Really looking forward to this. Looks a bit more...anime(?) than the original Drakengard, though. Nier too. Hope that doesn't meddle with the "fucked up"-ness of Yoko's originals.

I also really hope they localize it. The VA and translation in previous games was top-notch.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

FUCK YES

I want Nier to be remade on this engine.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, first let me say, this is cool and awesome news(really liked Drakengard 1/2, still haven't played Nier much, though this makes me want to go back and play everything again). However, how on earth does THIS make it over whereas Yakuza is dragged out into a back alley and shot?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldenglishc

I never realized this and Neir were related, until just now doing a little reading about it.

Loved Neir.Thought the first Drakengard was pretty boring, enough so that I never bothered with 2. Someone tell me how I should feel about this announcement!

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like something I could get behind, I always knew "of" this series but never ventured to actually play it myself. I am curious what type of rpg this is going to be, will it have a traditional turnbased system? or try something more active. Anyone able to fill me in on how the combat system was in the previous drakengard games?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aegon

@wolfgame said:

This looks like something I could get behind, I always knew "of" this series but never ventured to actually play it myself. I am curious what type of rpg this is going to be, will it have a traditional turnbased system? or try something more active. Anyone able to fill me in on how the combat system was in the previous drakengard games?

From what I remember the original Drakengard was not at all an RPG. It was more like Dynasty Warriors with a dragon that you can summon and ride around the battlefield.

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@quarters said:

Ok, first let me say, this is cool and awesome news(really liked Drakengard 1/2, still haven't played Nier much, though this makes me want to go back and play everything again). However, how on earth does THIS make it over whereas Yakuza is dragged out into a back alley and shot?

Sega

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon:

no kidding, well that sure sounds unique. I am not sure if it would be a good fit for me, that type of dynasty warriors-esque combat isn't what I am typically looking for when I play a JRPG, but I will hold full judgement until we see some gameplay roll out on this one. Never know what may surprise ya.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#16 Mento  Moderator

Here's hoping the giant carnivorous space babies make a return.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Petiew

@wolfgame: It looks actiony, reminds me of Nier's combat but looks like it plays a bit better.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.