Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drakengard 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 19, 2013

Drakengard 3 brings the series's trademark mixture of hack and slash combat and unorthodox storytelling to the PlayStation 3.

First Drakengard (Drag-On Dragoon) 3 trailer released

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

The gameplay still doesn't look that great but the graphics look a lot better.

Also all those guys in the trailer? those are all guys the main character has sex with, by the way. The little kid is a sadist, the gruff regular dude is a masochist, I dunno what the generic JRPG protagonist's deal is, but the old man DOES have the biggest dick.

So there's that

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LikeaSsur

Interesting. I wonder if this will reference Nier in any way, since the two are (very loosely) tied in fiction.

Edit: After clicking on the wiki page, the main character has a Lunar Tear in her eye, which was the mystical plant in Nier. I'm more excited now.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Animasta

@likeassur said:

Interesting. I wonder if this will reference Nier in any way, since the two are (very loosely) tied in fiction.

very little, considering this is supposed to be a prequel to drakengard 1.

One of the utaitai (the ladies in the trailer; zero and one were in the trailer and five was just announced) apparently has a penis though, according to the tie in manga (which is basically the aristocrats in manga form, so much child murder and rape), so at least character reference to Kaine?

edit; It's not a lunar tear. Lunar tears don't really feed on blood

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@animasta said:

@likeassur said:

very little, considering this is supposed to be a prequel to drakengard 1.

One of the utaitai (the ladies in the trailer; zero and one were in the trailer and five was just announced) apparently has a penis though, according to the tie in manga (which is basically the aristocrats in manga form, so much child murder and rape), so at least character reference to Kaine?

edit; It's not a lunar tear. Lunar tears don't really feed on blood

Y...yay?

Whats with the guy that makes these games and absolutely hatting happiness?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Drag-on Dragoon? Why didn't that name come out of Japan? I want to saxophone solo my dragon into the sunset, damn it!

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think I'm still vomiting over how bad the game play of the first two Drakengards were. Even by early PS2 Dynasty Warriors standards those were some busted games. Wonder why Cavia won't just let it go.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Animasta

@yadilie: Cavia's dead, mate. Access games is working on this (with Yoko Taro directing). and Drakengard may have played like shit but it was infinitely more entertaining in how everything was fucked up than any dynasty warrior game.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Yadilie

Nothing excuses piss poor gameplay. Especially weak story. Also this hermaphrodite stuff is incredibly unnecessary Japan. It serves no purpose at all except to sell doujins.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Animasta

@yadilie said:

Nothing excuses piss poor gameplay. Especially weak story. Also this hermaphrodite stuff is incredibly unnecessary Japan. It serves no purpose at all except to sell doujins.

it was amazing story! Story (and music) were the only things Drakengard had going for it even.

also, Kaine's intersexness played into a story in a believable way so I have no reason to doubt Yoko Taro, and he's acting as an advisor on the manga (though what that means I don't know)

edit; the manga reads like one of the weapon stories from Drakengard 1 come to life.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for the translation of the trailer before I pass any kind of judgement on the story. The framerate during the dragon part were rough, but the game is in development so whatever.

Also, who is this Japan person? Is (s)he working on the game?

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MelficeVKM

Wow, had no idea this was being made! I'm kinda blown away. Some of the story in the first two games was pretty neat. Here's hoping the gameplay's better

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen: there's enough for a basic gist: there are... 6? 7? of these women called the utaitai, who are basically goddesses or something. One brings them all together and shows them a way they can live in harmony or something, but then Zero comes in riding a dragon and decides to kill them all because... she likes killing.

Who knows how good the story actually will be but it sounds intriguing enough from the start.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

dat framerate.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This looks great.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By ESREVER

TGS Trailer is up! New song!

Loading Video...

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shinjin977

@esrever: This remind me of the thing 8-4 said about working on some thing "sexy and bloody". This might be it.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oodli

Is Drakengard the game that had a really creepy ending with giant flying man-eating babies?

Edit: yep this is what i was thinking of-

Loading Video...

Damn, I watched this years ago and I still remember watching this weird shit *shivers*

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

It wouldn't be Drakengard if there weren't some royally fucked up characters. I hope it gets localized.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

Drag-on Dragoon? Why didn't that name come out of Japan? I want to saxophone solo my dragon into the sunset, damn it!

I still hope it's this.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By ESREVER
    Loading Video...

Full 7 minute version of "This Silence is Mine" (one of the main themes of Drakengard 3) just came out and its gorgeous. Her voice sounds so tortured but at the same time is still great. Totally seems appropriate for a game of this nature.

I also found a couple tracks that feature Emi Evans (the singer who did most of the Nier tracks). Pretty stoked that she is returning.

Loading Video...

I cannot wait.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.