Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DSiWare

Platform »

DSiWare is Nintendo's name for its downloadable games appearing on the new Nintendo DSi system.

The DSi will have virtual console!!!!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Oh, non-softmod DS users can play Gameboy games now. That's nice.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Will you be able to link it to play the games you have on your Wii? if the same games are available but you can't, fail.

But, if it's done for portable past systems like GB and GBA, and maybe obscure stuff like Neo Geo Pocket and Wonder Swan, that's cool too.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I still want my Wii VC games on my DS, but that's never going to happen.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Will you be able to link it to play the games you have on your Wii? if the same games are available but you can't, fail.But, if it's done for portable past systems like GB and GBA, and maybe obscure stuff like Neo Geo Pocket and Wonder Swan, that's cool too."
    Doubt it, the other way around seems more feasable though. The article does mention that some special features for the wii will be announced for this stuff so a free virtual SUPER Gameboy channel for the Wii to which you can connect your DSi via wireless might be comming.

Guess we'll know tomorrow.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

This is making me very happy.  Although I have over 100 GBA titles in my collection, there were many more that I never had the chance to play.  I look forward to the announcements.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red

Who cares? If I wanted to play GBA games on my DS, which I don't, I'd play them on my DS lite. If they were putting up Genesis and SNES games on the DSVC? I might even buy myself a DSi.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    Red said:
    "Who cares? If I wanted to play GBA games on my DS, which I don't, I'd play them on my DS lite. If they were putting up Genesis and SNES games on the DSVC? I might even buy myself a DSi.

"
    But isn't the point of these things to offer games that you don't have and want to play?  I am sure there must be some GBA games you missed.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Too bad it seems worthless just like the Wii VC maybe if they had released more games more often then the paltry amounts they did before then it would be good but really 5-10 dollars for some of the games just wasn't worth it when i could have gotten the entire snes lineup at my local game store for about 10 bux.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Too bad it seems worthless just like the Wii VC maybe if they had released more games more often then the paltry amounts they did before then it would be good but really 5-10 dollars for some of the games just wasn't worth it when i could have gotten the entire snes lineup at my local game store for about 10 bux."
    I think you neglect the convenience factor of having it on a single console.

I haven't got a VC game, but when I get online, I am sure a handful will interest me.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, do that, not everyone has a game store that still has snes games, even less for the more obscure or older systems. Most stores tend to get rid of old stuff FAST in many areas, when the generation is just barely over with at times. Not to mention having a bunch of systems hooked up isn't everyone's cup of tea. Convenience is all these services offer after all, access to the games from wherever you may be, etc. Good Old Games on PC also offers old pc games in the 5-10 price range, if you can bother searching you can find all but the rarest cheap, or you know, what most douches do, pirate them for free. Most people don't like searching and on top of that waiting instead of have immediate access. So, for them, it's not worthless. Nice you say it "seems" worthless when all we know is it has VC and absolutely nothing else about it, lol.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Sorry bout that all, I had ment to say I could have gotten the entire SNES lineup represented on the virtual store for 10 dollars, What it looked like i said was the entire lineup.

As for that Alexander how smart does one have to be to use common sense?
    Its completely logical that if you look at the Wii's virtual console it will be exactly the same way except it will likely have GBA and GB/GBC games and it might have SNES and nes games as well, so you saying that we can't say its lame cause we don't know whats gonna be on it is very illogical since it doesn't take a genius to figure out whats gonna be on it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By AgentJ
    Endogene said:
    "GBA and Gameboy virtual console unofficially confirmed for the DSi.
    Nintendo will give out the details tomorrow at their press note check out the source for more details>

source: http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2009/03/rejoice_the_dsi_gets_a_virtual_console_after_allA bit unrelated to the topic but upon purchase of a DSi you will get 1000 free DSi points (10 dollar), DSiware currently are priced either 0, 500 or 800 points. "
    God Damn it Nintendo... I had just permanently sealed myself off from ever buying a DSI, and then you have to pull this crap...Sigh... I guess they'll be getting another 200 dollars of mine. Wait, no. I'll wait until they start porting SNES games.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Too bad it seems worthless just like the Wii VC maybe if they had released more games more often then the paltry amounts they did before then it would be good but really 5-10 dollars for some of the games just wasn't worth it when i could have gotten the entire snes lineup at my local game store for about 10 bux."
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Sorry bout that all, I had ment to say I could have gotten the entire SNES lineup represented on the virtual store for 10 dollars, What it looked like i said was the entire lineup.As for that Alexander how smart does one have to be to use common sense?Its completely logical that if you look at the Wii's virtual console it will be exactly the same way except it will likely have GBA and GB/GBC games and it might have SNES and nes games as well, so you saying that we can't say its lame cause we don't know whats gonna be on it is very illogical since it doesn't take a genius to figure out whats gonna be on it."
    Well for one, 5-10 bucks for any game these days is pretty cheap unless you are playing them on an emulator. And if we are talking about SNES games, how about the advantage of taking them on the go in a portable games system? Id gladly pay 5-10 bucks to play Star Fox on a portable, and i did more than 5-10 bucks for Chrono Trigger. And how about Super Metroid on the go? i don't think anyone can say no to that. By the way, the VC is one of the few things about the Wii that is far and away better than its competitors, so i don't know what you are complaining about. It'd sure be nice if they picked up the release schedule again, but The fact that I can have Super Metroid, a Link to the Past, Starfox 64, Actraiser(which will probably never see any sort of port other than the VC variety) each of the Mario platformers, Sin and Punishment, and Pokemon Snap all in one place is a triumph, especially for anyone who had or liked the old Nintendo games, or even people who never got a shot at them.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By RedSox8933

Hell to the yes.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Godwind

I wasn't all that hyped for the DSi until today.  Probably will end up trading my DSlite, GBA SP for one of these puppies.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I might just consider getting a DS now.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome news!  Now give me Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and I will be in heaven.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Okay, just another reason I really need to get a DSi. There's been quite a handful of Game Boy games I never played and years later couldn't seem to find anywhere. Now I'll finally be able to hands on games like Zelda: Ocacle of Ages/Seasons, Mario Superstar Saga, and others. Sounds cool. Some playable demos would be totally great, Nintendo... don't hold out on us. My biggest problem with handheld games is I can't rent them, and considering how expensive they've gotten, I'm reluctant to try new and original games. For instance, all the Advance War and Castlevania games have always received great reviews, but I'm not really sure if they'd be my cup of tea and I'm not very willing to flat out buy one of the games to find out. Hopefully Nintendo can help me with this dilemma by giving us some demos. I do like how they give us 1000 Nintendo points when we buy the DSi. I always thought they should have bundled in 500 or 1000 points with the Wii. It would have been a good way to introduce every Wii owner to the Virtual Console, provided that they could take their Wii online. And if they couldn't, it might just give them enough encouragement to get all it set up online.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By thordain
    Red said:
    "Who cares? If I wanted to play GBA games on my DS, which I don't, I'd play them on my DS lite. If they were putting up Genesis and SNES games on the DSVC? I might even buy myself a DSi.

"

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Godwind
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Okay, just another reason I really need to get a DSi. There's been quite a handful of Game Boy games I never played and years later couldn't seem to find anywhere. Now I'll finally be able to hands on games like Zelda: Ocacle of Ages/Seasons, Mario Superstar Saga, and others. Sounds cool. Some playable demos would be totally great, Nintendo... don't hold out on us. My biggest problem with handheld games is I can't rent them, and considering how expensive they've gotten, I'm reluctant to try new and original games. For instance, all the Advance War and Castlevania games have always received great reviews, but I'm not really sure if they'd be my cup of tea and I'm not very willing to flat out buy one of the games to find out. Hopefully Nintendo can help me with this dilemma by giving us some demos. I do like how they give us 1000 Nintendo points when we buy the DSi. I always thought they should have bundled in 500 or 1000 points with the Wii. It would have been a good way to introduce every Wii owner to the Virtual Console, provided that they could take their Wii online. And if they couldn't, it might just give them enough encouragement to get all it set up online. "
    Castlevania has always been an awesome series.  Play any modern Castlevania and they are pretty much similar.  If worst, at least give it a shot with emulation.  A great way to determine whether to buy a game or not.

As for the DSi, I have been looking forward to the internet browser.  The music player uses AAC, hopefully a converter will be made soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.