Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 13, 2012

A port of a beat em up/MMO RPG hybrid by NEXON for the Xbox 360

This has released on Xbox Live. What are your first impressions?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

I love beat'em ups so much that going into detail for the fiftieth time as to why, will actually make me sick.

Anyway. If you tell me that you're combining a beat'em up with role-playing elements, I'd ask you where I sign. The problem is, beat'em ups live and die by their fighting mechanics. I haven't had an opportunity to try this, but I do believe there are some fans here, and even for first-timers, I'm looking to gather some impressions and more information about the game.

How does the combat feel? What kind of role-playing elements does the game use? Is it worth the asking price? If I'm looking for a beat'em up, will this suffice?

TWreckShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TWreckShark

just turned my xbox on and its not up for download yet, or at least i didnt see it

Danger_Simmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Danger_Simmons

I just tried it, thought it was alright, only tried the gunner class though. Felt a little stale in the enemy AI department. The RPG elements it has are leveling and loot. There is a whole TON of stats so yeah...I would say try it I might wait for a sale.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

Well, I played through a bit of the demo. The combat is alright. Hangs a little too long in animations, I think, but other than that, it's fun.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Solh0und

It's alright. I prefer the actual DFO game though.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1

it's okay. i always wanted to try actual DFO but my Nexon account is tied to an email address that i don't have access to anymore, and they want me to like, fax them something so i can change my address.

oh, right, the game. the enemy AI was pretty much non-existent, although i guess that was because it was like, a starter dungeon. the skills are kind of fun and it looks like it could be a good time with some friends if it was cheaper. i would have considered it for like 400 points if i could convince my friends to get it too. it's a bummer that it's not F2P w/ micro transactions like it was originally announced. that would have been a lot more appealing.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm

@AjayRaz said:

[...] bummer that it's not F2P w/ micro transactions like it was originally announced. that would have been a lot more appealing.

Why would you want that?

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By FightMeNerd

Question is there online?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beargirl1

@Napalm said:

@AjayRaz said:

[...] bummer that it's not F2P w/ micro transactions like it was originally announced. that would have been a lot more appealing.

Why would you want that?

i would want that because i would probably play it, then. it's a free game on PC and it certainly felt like a free to play game when i was playing the trial. something about the combat and everything surrounding it had that vibe. i don't know. i just wouldn't pay 10$ for a game that's free on the PC.

offering the game for free to Live users and having micro-transactions for things like costumes, special weapons and stuff like how it probably works on PC would be an interesting way to experiment with the free to play model on a console, unless they've already done that and i missed it.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beargirl1

@BadNews said:

Question is there online?

there's 4-player (or 3-player? there are 3 classes) co-op off and online

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By FightMeNerd

@AjayRaz: ok cool. Yeah on some other news site they flaunted " Local and offline co-op!" and no where on this page or the news page did it say it was coming with online.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Turambar
    @AjayRaz said:

@Napalm said:

@AjayRaz said:

Why would you want that?

i would want that because i would probably play it, then. it's a free game on PC and it certainly felt like a free to play game when i was playing the trial. something about the combat and everything surrounding it had that vibe. i don't know. i just wouldn't pay 10$ for a game that's free on the PC.

offering the game for free to Live users and having micro-transactions for things like costumes, special weapons and stuff like how it probably works on PC would be an interesting way to experiment with the free to play model on a console, unless they've already done that and i missed it.

The bigger affront is that even if this game included for free all the premium stuff that the PC version has like avatar items, the fact that it lacks even all the class/subclasses of the PC version makes it absurd that it costs 10 dollars.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm

@Turambar: How many classes/subclasses in total are there?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Turambar
    @Napalm said:

@Turambar: How many classes/subclasses in total are there?

Male Slayer (4 sub-classes)
    Male/Female Gunner (4 sub-classes)
    Male/Female Fighter (4 sub-classes)
    Male/Female Mages (4 sub for females...3 for males I think?)
    Male Priests (4 sub-classes)
    Female Thief (2 sub-classes)

It's worth noting that the male and female versions of classes as well as their respective subclasses do in fact play significantly different from each other.  It's not just a visual difference. 

You get your sub-class at lv 18, then the second awakening which gives one addition passive and active ability to the class at 48.
    WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WarlordPayne

Does this game have any of the subclasses at all? I could deal with only three classes if they had their subclasses.

The PC game gets really good once you get your subclass so you can specialize in a fighting style, if the game doesn't have that then it's not worth the money.

Redhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Redhorn

The PC version is atrocious. Horrible controls, feels very slow. Bad bad bad.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deusx

DFO is horrible in all it´s versions. I can´t believe people play that game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By MariachiMacabre

The quick look commentary seemed dead on. It's frame rate reminds me of a free to play browser RPG from the early 2000's. Nothing I saw looked worth $10, and after playing the demo for myself, it seemed even less worth it.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Peanut

I've had fun playing it online co-op with my usual goons, but it's got some major issues. The way the screen scrolls is particularly annoying in that you pretty much need to be touching the edge for the screen to move. What this means is that most of the time you're fighting enemies off the sides of the screen that you can't see, which is awful design to say the least.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Rafaelfc

I played the demo for this.

In my very humble opinion this game plays like ASS!!!

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By MrRedwine

So, I played through the demo 3 times (once for each class) and thought it seemed interesting enough to buy. This was before the Quick Look. I have now played about 5 hours or so and this game has a couple big problems.

1 You have to play every level at least 3 times. There are 3 difficulties and you play each level on Novice, then Expert, then Master. You return to the town to accept new missions between and buy and upgrade gear, but you will be returning to the same exact level 3 times.

2. The enemies are too slow and stupid. No matter how many enemies I am fighting, I don't get overwhelmed because the enemies just stand around until you engage them. This makes the game way too easy.

3. Finger fatigue. You wind up pressing the X button a whole lot of times because the special moves are completely not useful or needed.

In short, if I could have my $10 back, I would take it.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By beargirl1

@MrRedwine: the enemies don't get any stronger? that seems like one of the worst offenses that this game has. even if the combat was fun, it doesn't really matter because pretty much no one's fighting back.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Turambar
    @AjayRaz said:

@MrRedwine: the enemies don't get any stronger? that seems like one of the worst offenses that this game has. even if the combat was fun, it doesn't really matter because pretty much no one's fighting back.

The game seems to be lifting all its assets from basically the first two or three dungeon areas of the game, including the walk in the park difficulty.  The only difference is enemies have like 10 times more hp, which totally makes things more difficult, right?
    fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

it definitely looked like shit on that quick look they did

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.