Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeons & Dragons

Franchise »

The first and most influential role-playing game franchise.

D&D and Game design

ezekiel2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By ezekiel2021

So lately I have been playing alot of D&D and reading a lot of 4e Material in preparation for setting up a campaign for friends and I never realized how much I needed this in my life especially since the inclusion of earning my Game design degree.  For years I never touched D&D for reasons that vary, if you want the full detail just ask but not enough time for this blog.  Anyway and when I am almost halfway through my schooling I pick up the game.  Where the heck did I have my head for the past 15 years to not ever have played this game and let it help me develop my skill for game design more?  I mean from telling a compelling story to setting up mechanics that a player can follow and easily understand, there is a trove of stuff to learn from here.  If you ever need to learn how to develop a story then you need to just go ahead and pick up a manual, yeah they are pricey, but man they are worth it, CHeers!

ezekiel2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ezekiel2021

So lately I have been playing alot of D&D and reading a lot of 4e Material in preparation for setting up a campaign for friends and I never realized how much I needed this in my life especially since the inclusion of earning my Game design degree.  For years I never touched D&D for reasons that vary, if you want the full detail just ask but not enough time for this blog.  Anyway and when I am almost halfway through my schooling I pick up the game.  Where the heck did I have my head for the past 15 years to not ever have played this game and let it help me develop my skill for game design more?  I mean from telling a compelling story to setting up mechanics that a player can follow and easily understand, there is a trove of stuff to learn from here.  If you ever need to learn how to develop a story then you need to just go ahead and pick up a manual, yeah they are pricey, but man they are worth it, CHeers!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.